The Morning Paper

rileylovesalias said:
:blush: Yes, I wrote that poem.
Sydney has a brother in this fic. The blonde (NOT LAUREN), is his wife. Just some added characters to make this more interesting. :lol:
[post="1382057"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ya good poem! and YAY blondes not lauren lol thats for clearing up who all the people were! your doing a great job with this fic! (i know i alrady reviewd but hey whats one more lol)

I hope the doctor tells everyone that Sydney was battered. Nick getting away with his abuse has to stop!

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Vaughn was sitting by Sydney’s bedside. He had been there all night, but he still didn’t have any answers. No one else stopped by and visited. Vaughn suspected it was because it was past visiting hours and technically even he wasn’t supposed to be there. But the nurse never did tell him to leave.

aww :love:
he stayed

*Flashback*
He had only known her week, and he knew she was different. Sydney Bristow wasn’t your normal college student. She had a love for what she was studying. And he could tell by the way she talked about her classes.

Vaughn opened his door, but a piece of paper on the ground caught his eye. He picked it up and looked at the top. One by Sydney Bristow. He continued to read.

It only takes one thing to make you change.
One voice.
One love.
One true statement.
One revelation.
One of anything.

One thing can make you change,
For the better, or not.

I want the one thing to be me,
Let me help you,
Let me be the one,
The one to help you change,
Change the one thing you’re missing.

Love is the one thing that makes you change,
Let me love you

*End of Flashback*

It was short and simple, about love and change. After returning it to her, he had been told it was for her boyfriend, Nick. But he had wanted it to be for him. He knew that after such a short time, it couldn’t have been for him, but the dream and hope was still in his heart; to this very day.
It was true, love did make you change. He thought of himself. He had changed. He used to be gullible and a lot more manipulative. But then, meeting Sydney had taught him to stand up for himself. It may have taken three years, but it finally happened. He had stood up to his dad, and now, he had to stand up to Sydney; tell her how he felt...about her.

that is sooo beautiful
:cry: :love:

omg riley that is such a great chapte.r
we get to see whats more of inside vaughns head and i really love that.
PLEASE update soon!!!!
the suspense is killing me ;)
that was soooo good!!! :P

Hey! I just got back from Vacation and I'm trying to catch up on fics!

NICK! I just don't like him AT ALL! I'm glad everyone will finally know though. Vaughn needs to tell syd how he feels. I love this fic, update soon....please!

OMG! i LOVE this pic!!
WOW!! i've been readin it rather than doin my revision.... ooops but meh!!!
can i get pm pwwwwwwwwwease?????
thankies!!

PM List (82)
(36)
LaurenRachael
luckylass
KAliasGirl
texasalias2004
i'm an aliasaholic
PoketRockets11
sydneymicheal
broe4ever929
SkyGirl5
noggi16
freckles3706
racer48_2_08
Vaughnlover15
~VartansGirl~
vaughnshoney
spy41
Sydney A Vaughn
msu_ruby
sydney_alias_vaughn
Sarahmañana
SydAPO05
Alwazabrat
Aliasfan13
hannahb
agentmoose
berry_kyoote_spy88
julesvartan
lil_aussie_sez
totally4alias10
bellasbaby
Truth Takes Time 2.18
Agent Roberts
Cai
deranged_girl
Emmy_d
maddy28

(36)
syd26
Addicted 2 Alias
fire*N*ice
vaughnroxmysox
stealthy
ubielecki
aliasdancer007
Spirit
batman
ohiochic2010
sexcivaughn14
ChrisM
alias_luver
Bubbles
vaughnsgurl4lf
sd6452
iluvalias0203
Alias_rocks_87
lizababy
ASIOagent
spy41
gonnabfamous07
sabbiee_co
Lovygirl
LittleNicky
Nancy O
irishprincess
Ms.MichaelVaughn
gregstar
Lemon-Krumpitz
Swank...Super_Swank
LifesMystery
!n@$en+
superspy
emotionalrescue
alias=mylife26

(12)
Wild_Child
Rica18
SYD96
belladonna lily
aliasfreak8903
cupcake55
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
Alizas
SuperDuck123
Phoenixwannabe
obsessetion
Garner_Chick6

Addicts:
1. maddy28

82. :thud:

Oh gosh! That was awesome!!! I'm so glad she's gonna be ok! Really! I think Jack and Vaughn should team up and make Nick pay for that!!! Kick his a$$!!!

Great update Riley...it was well worth the wait!

Linnette

Awww... That was just perfect! :woot:

Except for the bit where Vaughn felt like an outsider...

*shoves Syd's family out the door*

Visiting hours are over! Only Vaughnie gets to staaaay... :whistle:

Aw, I hope he really does tell her how he feels... And soon too! *hops* And then he can go and bash up Nick!

*hands Vaughn a power ranger suit*
*puts on my own pink power ranger suit*

Let's go bash Nick, Vaughnieee! :woot:

Loved the chappie, Riley!

Cai
x

*whines* i wanna know what hap-pened

*pouts*

omg it's getting to s/v, i can just feel it :woot:

luv juju :harp:

AN: There are times in writing that you have to use strong language. It can bring out a persons true feelings and really honestly help the story. So that is why this chapter has a warning label on it. Caution: Strong language below :P That's just in case ;)

Okay, I honestly think this chapter (and the next one) are my favorites...and I think you'll see why when you read them. Please, please, please review and tell me what you think...I'm sure the response will be overwhelming by the end ;)

For my By Chance readers...the chapter isn't finished :( sorry.

Enjoy ^_^

Chapter Sixteen: You’re Not Alone-Part Two

I’ve got another confession to make
I’m your fool
Everyone’s got their chains to break
Holdin’ you

Vaughn was standing in the back of the hospital room, looking at Sydney. She was looking down at her hands and listening to the doctor speak.

“Miss Bristow was rushed to the ER early this morning. She suffers from a broken leg, broken arm, and some minor head wounds. Her lung collapsed, and she was in a coma this morning, but her lung is better and she woke up about two hours ago. But her prognosis looks good. We don’t know what caused this, only Miss Bristow could tell you that,” the doctor told the family in a soft, concerned and firm manner.

The doctor and her whole family turned and looked at her. “Sydney, what happened?” Laura asked tearing up.

Has someone taken your faith?
Its real, the pain you feel
The life, the love
You die to heal
The hope that starts
The broken hearts
You trust, you must
Confess

“I…he…” Sydney tried to talk. Her voice still was too quiet and she motioned for a pad of paper and a pen.

Nadia grabbed it for her and Sydney looked at it. It was a basic notepad stationary with “Orange County Hospital” on the top left corner. The pen was the same; a black ballpoint with a logo on it. Nothing special and the hospital probably got them on discount somewhere. Sydney took off the cap and tried to write what had really happened. She tried to capture what pain she had gone through the past year in paragraph. But that wasn’t long enough. And she sat, scrawling across the tiny page and continuing to the next.

You gave me something that I didn’t have
But had no use
I was too weak to give in
Too strong to lose
My heart is under arrest again
But I break loose
My head is giving me life or death
But I can’t choose
I swear I’ll never give in
I refuse

“Here,” she whispered handing it to Nadia.

Nadia took the papers, two to be exact, and started to read her sister’s neat handwriting.

I never told anyone because of the threats. I now realize they didn’t mean a thing and I was just being used. Nick wasn’t the boyfriend you thought he was. For the first three years of our relationship, before he moved in, he was perfect. He was sweet, caring and everything. But once he moved in…that’s when it started. For the past year, Nick, my Nick, has been abusing me. Last night, he was drunk. He took me to the stairwell, and pushed me down the stairs. He thought I had been cheating on him…I never did. I had no time to argue or stop him, he just pushed me down. And now, I finally have the courage to tell you all. It took long enough…I’m sorry.

Nadia looked up from the paper in tears. She passed the paper to her mother and father and bent down to hug Sydney. “I’m so sorry I was never there for you.”

“It’s not your fault,” Sydney said softly.

“I’m the one that should be saying that,” Nadia laughed through the tears.

Sydney tried to smile, but it wasn’t real. She couldn’t smile at the time like this. No one can smile when you’re in the hospital, especially after something like this. Sydney knew that it was that simple to just write down what Nick had been doing and she could have been out of this mess. But she hadn’t and now she was filled with sadness, pain and regret.

Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
you trust, you must
confess
is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?

The note traveled around the room, finishing with Vaughn. Everyone was looking at Sydney with sympathy in their eyes. Nadia and Laura were at her bedside, crying. Sydney would have cried, but all her tears for Nick and his wrongs were dried up. She had cried every night of her life for the past year, and she was sick of it. Tears didn’t need to come now.

“Sydney, he is not getting away with this!” Jack exclaimed and went out of room.

Vaughn was just standing there, in the back of room, still, staring at the note. He hadn’t really thought so much about Nick and Sydney and the possibility their ‘happiness’ was fake. He was filled with resentment towards Nick. He loved Sydney more than anything and Nick had caused Sydney so much pain. He imagined Sydney sitting in her bed, curled up into a ball crying herself to sleep while the jack*** was sleeping soundly right next to her. And most of all, he remembered the day he knocked down the door at Starbucks and held her close.

*Flashback*

A loud noise of cracking wood was heard throughout Starbucks. Sydney looked up her sobs to see Vaughn standing by the broken door. He didn’t want an explanation; he merely walked over to her and held her. He cared, and just held her and let her cry. Something she had wanted.

*End of Flashback*

Everything made sense now. The times she cried at work, blaming it on her period, and the times she just called in sick. She had lived a life of lies and pain for the last year. If Vaughn had pried more, he could have figured it all out and saved her from this horror, this past time that will be etched in her mind forever. Vaughn hadn’t been able to save her from it all and now he hated himself for it.

You trust, you must
Confess

Vaughn walked out of the hospital room and went on a mission; a mission to find Nick.

---***---

Vaughn walked up the steps of apartment building. His eyes were fixed on the apartment at the end of the hall. He was disgusted with the level of scum Nick was and he wasn’t going to let him get away with this.

Vaughn pounded on the door, “Open up!”

A groggy Nick opened up, “What do you want?”

“Oh you son of a b****! You had it coming to you since day one!” Vaughn screamed pinning him against the door. “How could you? How could you use her like that?

“What are you talking about?” Nick said pushing Vaughn as hard as he could.

“You damn well know what I’m talking about!”

Nick scoffed and looked at Vaughn funny, “No, I don’t!”

Vaughn just shook his head and punched Nick in the nose as hard as he could. “Does that bring anything back to memory?”

“No,” Nick said dryly looking up at his attacker.

“Oh, too bad,” Vaughn replied hitting him even harder this time.

Nick’s words were cracked and his voice was softer, “What are you talking about?”

“I don’t have to spell it out for you. I know I don’t. You’ve hurt her bad, so freaking bad. And you deserve so much worse than this, but I know the cops will do that for you,” Vaughn said with disgust. He loosened his grip and kicked Nick in his groin.

“F*** you!” Vaughn spat and stormed off towards the stairs.

---***---

Sydney sat up in her bed. Everyone had scattered and she was left alone to think. Matt, Nadia’s husband, and Chris, her brother, had volunteered to go to her apartment and get all her things packed up. She reluctantly agreed to them going with their spouses. Her mother and father had gone down to the police station to get charges filed against Nick. But she wondered where Vaughn had gone off to. She hadn’t seen him since she had written the confession note. She missed him, for a reason unknown to herself. She had drawn so much comfort from him during this year, and she guessed that she just wanted him to be there again.

She took a deep breath and blinked rapidly to fight the tears. This whole day was taking its toll on her. She had had the comfort of her sister, her friend, and her whole family. It had helped some, but what she really wanted was him. She wanted the embrace of Vaughn. His scent, touch, everything about him was perfect and now she was craving it.

And her wish became a reality when she saw Michael walk into the room. He look satisfied and sympathetic at the same time.

“Hey,” he greeted softly.

“I was just thinking about you,” she admitted.

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, I was thinking about the time you broke down the door for me,” Sydney smiled, truly smiled, for the first time today.

“What about that day?” he pried sitting down next to her.

Sydney took a deep breath, “Just the way you cared. You cared more than anyone, and you didn’t ask questions, you were just there…for me.”

“Of course I was,” Vaughn started. Now was his chance. He could take it and tell her how he truly felt, or he just let it pass him by and not tell her. And now, he wasn’t sure what to do. He only had a few moments…and they felt like an eternity.

Lyrics-Best of You by Foo Fighters

PM List (82)
(36)
LaurenRachael
luckylass
KAliasGirl
texasalias2004
i'm an aliasaholic
PoketRockets11
sydneymicheal
broe4ever929
SkyGirl5
noggi16
freckles3706
racer48_2_08
Vaughnlover15
~VartansGirl~
vaughnshoney
spy41
Sydney A Vaughn
msu_ruby
sydney_alias_vaughn
Sarahmañana
SydAPO05
Alwazabrat
Aliasfan13
hannahb
agentmoose
berry_kyoote_spy88
julesvartan
lil_aussie_sez
totally4alias10
bellasbaby
Truth Takes Time 2.18
Agent Roberts
Cai
deranged_girl
Emmy_d
maddy28

(36)
syd26
Addicted 2 Alias
fire*N*ice
vaughnroxmysox
stealthy
ubielecki
aliasdancer007
Spirit
batman
ohiochic2010
sexcivaughn14
ChrisM
alias_luver
Bubbles
vaughnsgurl4lf
sd6452
iluvalias0203
Alias_rocks_87
lizababy
ASIOagent
spy41
gonnabfamous07
sabbiee_co
Lovygirl
LittleNicky
Nancy O
irishprincess
Ms.MichaelVaughn
gregstar
Lemon-Krumpitz
Swank...Super_Swank
LifesMystery
!n@$en+
superspy
emotionalrescue
alias=mylife26

(12)
Wild_Child
Rica18
SYD96
belladonna lily
aliasfreak8903
cupcake55
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
Alizas
SuperDuck123
Phoenixwannabe
obsessetion
Garner_Chick6

Addicts:
1. maddy28
2. vaughnsgurl4lf
3. SYD96

That was great ... omg gald she finally told them the truth ... yah go Vaughn ... Nick soo needs to get his a$% kicked ... aww Syd really likes Vaughn ... cant wiat to see what he says to her ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Finally! Nick gets a can of whoop-a** Vaughn style. What a jerk, he won't even admit what he did to Syd. But i'm glad she had enough courage to tell everyone what had happened. They needed to know. I hope Vaughn helps her heal, not just physically, but emotionally. She needs someone.

Great Update, Riley!

Have a good night!

~Kristina

Back