The Movie Forum Critics' Corner!

Hollywood Homicide
Good entertainment, a bit funny but not a deep movie ! Also good actors but they could be/do better in other roles !

Beyond Borders with Angelina Jolie.

I give it 4.5 stars... I enjoyed it but it was so heart wrenching. All the scenes were so emotionally tearing. It just showed the suffering in the world... i mean the real suffering- hunger, persecution, war, and disease.

And the movie was great because it showed the side of relief workers... I might even considering it as a future because it really moved me! :blush:

intolerable cruelty

catherine zeta-jone's character seems to have no personality. and geogre clooney's charcter is un-believable. the plot is ok but it is the strength of the charcters that really let it down. not worth your money unless you are guaranteed decent previews or some distraction during the movie.
ukaliaschick :scotsman:

same here sophie ^_^

X2

Awesome movie!!! The SE are amazing, you really care for the characters, and the storyline really pulled you in. Can't wait for the next!

Radio

starring: Cuba Gooding Jr.

9/10

It's one of those "inspired by a true story" kind of movies that just makes you wanna cry whenever you see it. Gooding Jr. has done an excellent job portraying a mentally delayed man. It's just an awsome, inspiring movie that makes you feel good about life.

Movie: Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Director: Peter Weir
Cast: Russell Crowe - Capt. Jack Aubrey
Paul Bettany - Dr. Allen
Rating: R
Number of Stars: 11/10, (y) (y) (y)
My Review:
This movie was absolutely incredible. Russell Crowe does it again and makes an ingenious movie. Master and Commander is one of those movies during which you are no longer in your seat in the local movie theater but transported onto a British battleship in the 18th century sailing the high seas looking for an enemy. Not only was Master and Commander an excellent story and brilliantly acted but it was cinematically stunning as well. My extreme kudos to Peter Weir and Russell Boyd, A.S.C.
Russell Crowe has been one of my favorite actors for quite some time but after this movie I'd place him in the same catagory as Dustin Hoffman, Humphrey Bogart and Tom Hanks. He IS an actor.
I don't care if you don't like period movies. I don't care if you think Russell Crowe's stuck up or a "bad boy". Heck I don't even care if you don't like boats! You have to see this movie!
Anyway it'll be nominated for so many Oscars you'll be TOTALLY out of the loop!

:D ahh Russell Crowe, yum.
dbrizz :syd1:

Pirates of the Caribbean

Rating: 10/10!! best movie there ever was or ever will be (unless of course the sequel is better lol)

I dont understand how anyone could give this movie less than a 10/10! lol JMO!

Love actually
it gives happiness, and more important LOVE !! :D

SWAT
Good entertainment movie, and great actors (Colin Farrell is awesome)

Return of the King: infinity/10

This was... amazing :thud: There are no words to describe it. The scenes were brilliantly filmed, and the flipping between the 2-3 storylines was smooth and easy to follow. Gollum was sooo cool. And of course Eowyn rocked :cool:

Gimli funny as ever, Legolas had his stunt, and Aragorn becomes noble, kingly, he really is an amazing leader.

(y) Hiiiiiighly recommend :D

28 Days Later

7/10

First half is awesome, relies more on atmosphere and music to create tension
instead of gore (as modern horror movies tend to do) parts of it had me on the edge of my seat. The last 45 mins are kind of a let down as it becomes almost a Lord of the Flies clone but it is still worth seeing.

Queen of the Damned

5/10

Very stylish, some good dark humour.
2 of the 5 stars are given because of Lena Olin but her appearence was too brief. The story focuses on the leads so much that a lot the supporting cast are reduced to only a few lines of dialogue and screen time which is a shame.

I've seen so many movies since the end of November.

Dec .7 : Love Actually (Keira & Hugh...)
It gives happiness, and more important LOVE !! :D :D

Dec. 8 : SWAT
Good entertainment movie, and great actors (Colin Farrell is awesome 🤤)

Nov. 24 : french title = Intolérable Cruauté (I can't remember the english one) It's with Catherine Zetha-Jones & George Clooney.
rating : 3.5
Because the story is a bit disappointed. The only thing great in this movie is the cast. And I wonder how they could have had this choice to play in this movie ?! :blink:

Dec. 16 : LOTR : TROTK (last movie of the trilogy)
It was awesome, definitely !! :D I saw the 2 first movies and they were good, this one was so much better. I like how it ends. I love Orlando !! 🤤 :lol:

Dec. 12 : Finding Nemo
It was good, but I thought it would have been better due to what some ppl told me on the net. Yeah, it was funny, well done...

Dec. 17 : In the Cut (with Meg Ryan)
Good movie, but kinda weird (freaky is too big to describe it). Meg Ryan is great in this film, it changes her from the chick flicks.

Dec. 30 : Kill Bill, vol. 1
Once again a good movie, but not my type, too much blood. Some scenes are totally funny : when an arm is cut, there's too many blood everywhere. :lol:
I don't know if I'll see the 2nd part. :thinking:

Jan. 07 : Gothika (with Halle Berry, etc. and directed by a frenchie : Mathieu Kassovitz 🤤)
Excellent !! Freaky (I'm not afraid easily), but good, great actors as well. :D

Jan. 08 : Freaky Friday
Funny !! The 2 actresses : Jaimie Lee Curtis and the other one (I can't remember her name) are great. And so is Chad Michael Murray !!

Back