The Movie Forum Critics' Corner!

I saw "Big Fish" a couple weekends ago: 9.5/10. Completely flawless in my book except for the ending, which was just a smidge on the cheesey side.

Saw "Lost In Translation" a few days ago: 3/10. Pointless. About a guy who spends a week with a girl in Japan and they don't have an affair. They just hang out. That's the whole movie. Enough said.

Mona Lisa Smile
It's a good movie, Julia Roberts is a great actress, Kirsten Dunst's character is a b*tch, I still like Julia Stiles. smile.gif

The Last Samourai
I didn't want to see it, but I'm happy that my friend made me change my mind. It is a really good movie.

Lost In Translation
10/10
Beautiful movie! :D

Something's gotta give
Good movie, good actors, and Keanu Reeves ;)

Paycheck
That is a good movie, Ben Affleck's good actor, and so is Uma Turman. But John Woo seemed to sometimes use a white light around Uma's character, to show how beautiful she is, but she isn't that beautiful, she's really pretty, that's all. ;)

I saw 3 movies this week :

Cold Mountain
That movie is really good. :D The war scenes seem so real. It can be long sometimes but Renée arrived and it's better than ever. It is also sad. The actors are (y)

Under the Toscan Sun
Nice romantic movie, I'm a bit disappointed by the end though. Diane Lane is so beautiful, she proves "old" woman can be gorgeous.

Big Fish
Enchanting film. But not so much which is cool. There are also scenes from the present with Marion Cotillard (a good french actress :D ). Did you see her character's husband ? He is :love: and 🤤 !! :dance:
Ewan McGregor is a (y) actor.

AlohaSpy said:
Saw "Lost In Translation" a few days ago: 3/10. Pointless. About a guy who spends a week with a girl in Japan and they don't have an affair. They just hang out. That's the whole movie. Enough said.
yeah. it wasn't as interesting as it's hyped up to be. i was like, huh?? okaaaay...

50 first dates
9/10
great cast; adam sandler, drew barrymore, rob schneider, sean astin... and i don't know who played drew's dad. but he was good. oh and dan akroyd (spelling?). sean astin's lisp and attire was priceless. hahaa. rob scheider was effin hilarious... as always. i was laughing throughout the whole movie... it even had me in tears at some points. especially when drew beat up rob. oh man. oh and "i prefer the sausage to the taco." LMFAO! yeah. it was good. :smiley: it doesn't get a 10 cause i didn't like the ending very much.

The Butterfly Effect
Interesting movie, kind of frustrating sometimes, but still good. Ashton Kutcher is finally not in a comedy, and that's a great role for him.

No Man's Land
Wow, such a great movie relating a war, I mean a true one, not with lots of effects, etc.

21 Grams
9.5 - Not for a person that doesn't enjoy a movie not told in order (like the fiance) - I thought it was brillant though!

Dawn of the Dead
Only because I thought that guy that owned the boat was hilarious. (I forget his name.) And some parts were kind of funny... it was actually more funny than scary to me. :blink:

Hellboy
Not my cup of tea but it was good. And pretty funny at some points... Hellboy is cool. That guy with the swords was freaky. :hmm:

The Prince and Me
it was good, but the main character was a tiny bit frustrating at times. overall, i really liked it, it made me wish i could bump into a prince!

Starsky and Hutch
it was really funny!!! it was good, but not a 10.

Secret Window
it was very good. i think one reason i really liked it was that i figuered some of the big secret out!

Back