The Movie Forum Critics' Corner!

HI! Due to the request of some creative movie forum users, especially Nad, I have decided to start the movie forum's new Critics' Corner. Here you can post and read review of popular movies. Here are the guidelines for this forum:

1. Do not post major spoilers about any movie as movie reviews do not include those. Any review found to have spoilers that may wreck the movie for someone else will be removed.

2. Do not post reviews of movies rated anything other than G, PG, PG-13, and R.

3. Please try to keep the criticism positive; don't bash anything as that may hurt someone else's feelings.

Okay, go ahead and post away!

Lara Croft: Cradle of Darkness
rating: PG-13

critique: This movie was full of action, Angelina Jolie did 97% of her stunts too! Perhaps as good or better than the first movie! The ending was a little disappointing however.

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. (it may be a bit old now..)
Rated: PG-13

Now, some say i'm a tough movie critic, but i'm just basing the facts.
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle is what i call a "roller coaster" movie. It's fun, it's fast, lots of action. One flaw? Too fast.
And I mean too fast to really notice anything.
Like any other "spy" movie, there are tons of disguises, fun, even laughter, but the only problem here, is a bit TOO much.
Scenes change faster than you know, and disguises change twice as fast. In the end, leave it all to the Angels. Usually, I solve the mysteries in the movies, but in this movie, I just let the Angels solve it. Let them talk to themselves about the bad guys. Then ZOOM, to the end, that went pretty fast.
Either they think too fast, or I think too slow.
And i'm not a slow thinker. -_-
Most of the movie go-ers may be too captivated by the laughter they may have forgotten what the point of the movie is. Hmm.. what was the point of the movie?
But this movie isn't a TOTAL waste, I admit. this is where COMEDY comes to place. The disguises are hilarious, and from the start, I was laughing myself to death. The moral of the movie isn't that bad either. It's something to keep in mind.
If you like a savouring movie, don't watch it.
If you want to have fun with your friends and have a good laugh, watch it.
The only problem is "too much".

Thanks guys! ;)

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Rated: R

This was a spectacular movie. Arnold was great. Kristanna was great. Nick and Claire were great also. I loved how the story just keeps on continuing and building. If you want a great storyline, the Terminator movies are the ones to watch. The effects were awesome. I loved how we got to see the cyborgs more and how we were inside the other Terminators head this time, the TX. It, of course had it's comedic lines. "Talk to the hand," hehe. All in all, as you can see, I loved it.

I definitely say I want a T4. I think that's all I have to say about it. If I think of anything else, I'll edit my post and add more.

I agree with FESPY on the Charlie's Angels review. But I still loved it, ummm...what was the pint of the movie? Here, I'll do a review for Phone Booth

Phone Booth
Rating: PG-13 L

Colin Farrell, Katie Holmes.

I enjoyed this movie myself. It is a shorter movie at just over an hour, but it doesn't loose the plot. The one thing which may bother some movie goers, and even some critics, is that the scene doesn't change. The story focusses around the same Phone Booth in NYC. With a sniper ready to pick off the man inside if he doesn't confess his sins to all those who surround him.

A brilliant movie, but the voice of the sniper is a little to well known to save the suprise ending.

Useless Facts: It was filmed in One take over four days in NYC. It was supposed to be released way back, but the company withheld it first due to 9/11, and then the sniper shootings in Washington. This was one of Farrells first feature Length acting jobs, but his other movies beat this one out of the blocks.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: the Cradle of Life

Critique: It was so incredibly fun to watch! The movie was action packed with amazing stunts that as KikiCourt said were mostly ALL done by Angelina Jolie (She broke her elbow in this one :( )

Seabiscuit

Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges, Chris Cooper

I saw this movie last night and I have to say that I am very impressed. It tells the amazing true story of an underdog race horse who came from obscurity to become one of the most beloved sports figures of the early 1900s.

The Good: Absolutely amazing acting by all three leads; I wouldn't be surprised if each one is considered for an Oscar in their corresponding categories. Also, I heard that Maguire had to lose about 25 pounds for this role and you can tell; that's dedication! Also, the racing scenes were spectacular. You felt like you were in the middle of the pack, racing along with them. Also, great scenery and soundtrack.

The "Less-Good": While the book this movie is based on focused a lot on both the horse and the people surrounding him, I found the movie kind of shunned Seabiscuit and focused more on the human parts of the story. Not that this is a bad thing as the people were all very interesting, but the movie missed out on some of Seabiscuit's idiosyncracies. It did, however, tell how he always slept in his stall with a horse friend (Pumpkin) and his favorite dog. How cute!

Overall, this was a truly great movie that I would highly recommend. 3 1/2 stars out of 4.

I cannot believe no one has done POTC yet!!!mwahahaha...i get to do it....

Movie:Pirates of The Caribbean
Starring:Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley :D , Geoffrey Rush

How could you not love this movie!?!?!?It had everything for everyone. Action, Drama, Romance, and even Comedy. Great mix of serious moments and light hearted ones. Jack Sparrow, Johnny Depp's character...was quite possibly the best casted and acted character that i can ever remember, IMO. He was charming, hilarious, and unbelievably witty. Orlando Bloom and Geoffrey Rush also did a great job, and i definetly cannot say enough about Keira Knightley, acting and otherwise :blush:

Rating:5 stars, 10/10, 100%, cream of the crop, etc...

FREAKY FRIDAY
Rated: G

Now, i know what you're thinking. it's just another movie about body switching... yadda yadda, problem solved.

in a sense, you're right, because that is the point.

A remake of the 70's movie (starring Jodie Foster), this movie isn't just about body switching and switching them back. It's about understanding each other (especially in a mother/daughter relationship) and going through the same tough situations. It's about going through the same conflicts, feeling the same feelings, being in the same environment.

But also, it's about the humour. And an advantage for Freaky Friday is that it's relevant to our lives. We can relate to what each character is feeling, whether it's rock bands, or the latest body piercing, or anything else.

My suggestion: get ready for a great laugh. I know by the G- rating it might sound childish, but you'll totally forget about that. I think it's a movie especially targeted for teens and mothers, but anyone will do.

The downside? I think they just squashed too much in one day. It's great the problem is resolved, but i think the producers tried to make a real-life situation much easier to resolve than it looks.

My ratings: 9.5 out of 10. Enjoy.

Thanks guys!! :smiley:

Pirates of the Carribean

It was great b/c it changes, I mean who didn't see a western ?? but a movie about pirates !!! good story ! Plus : Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp (still excellent) and Keira Knightly

Movie: Chicago
Rating: PG or AA (not sure about American ratings)

Chicago was definately one of the best movies I've seen and perhaps my favourite. There was never a point in the movie where I thought "Oh yeah like that would happen" or "when is this going to end". It definately deserved all the Oscars it won.

The music: it was absolutely wicked and I mean really good and everybody sang themselves which made it ten times better. I love all the songs!

Though it missing the scene where Queen Latifah and Catherine sing Class it's still good and barely notice that it's not there but it will be included on the DVD. The casting of the characters was excellent... everybody fit into their rolls perfectly. I think John C. Reilly did a wonderful job as Amos, though everbody portrayed their characters wonderfully.

I give this (y) (y) and 9.5 out of 10

Hope the review was helpful :blush:

Phone Game (title in France for Phone Booth)

It was a great outsanding and I like the end ! And Colin Farrell is awesome ! :smiley:

Back