The Movie Forum Critics' Corner!

13 going on thirty
7/10 by itself, 9/10 for JG
If you're afriad that it's only as funny as the previews, then you are greatly mistaken. The best parts aren't on the previews. I'm actually not one for romantic Comedies but the theme - sacrifing yourself for "coolness" will make you lose yourself, but it can be fixed - of this one made it actually refreshing.
There is this one part in the movie, that I'm sure was made just to tease the Alias fans, to sorta say Jenna is not Sydney, but it was quite humorous.
I'm gonna see it again.

The Curve
3/10
:blink: I gave it a 3 for MV. :lol:

The Breakfast Club
8/10
Gotta love it! :D

Sixteen Candles
9/10
"Hello, hot stuff." :rotflmao: John Cusack..... 🤤

13 Going On 30
10/10
Jen was soo adorable in this movie!!! I couldn't stop laughing!!! And I even shed a few tears at one point... :( Awesome movie. :D

Win A Date With Tad Hamilton
8/10
Kate Bosworth was adorable.... "yikes a be!" :lol: And Topher Grace was cute... "Guard your carnal treasure!!!" :rotlfmao: A cute movie.

The Sweetest Thing
6/10
Kind of a stupid plot and whatnot and it's not all that great.... but it's great for laughs!! I mean, the penis song?! :lol: And when they were singing Aerosmith.... :sideroll:

House of Sand and Fog

If you haven't seen this film, you really should. It was nominated for a few 2004 Oscars. Very emotional film.

9.7/10

The Runaway jury (03/29)
Really good movie. And the city's cool : New Orleans, for once it changes.

L'incruste (04/03)
Only because Frédéric Diefenthal is in it.

Les choristes (04/16)
A so beautiful movie, and so is the soudntrack. :D (y)

Cheaper by the dozen (04/22)
Entertaining, fun, and om Welling 🤤

Monster (04/22)
It is a good movie, but it's not the kind of movie I like.

Secret Window (04/27)
The beginning is really good, but I was really disappointed by the end.

Twisted (04/29)
Ahsley Judd is sexy in it. (y) It's not the more important of course, the movie's good. :smiley:

Van Helsing (05/07)
The special effects are areally well made. But the story's a bit boring. Kate Beckinsale is incredible in it, she is gorgeous. Hugh Jackman's great too.

Troy (05/14)
I saw it on friday evening. Orli & Eric are hot in it. 🤤 But the story's isn't so great. It's long : 2h45. And as an american movie, they don't really recount the story as it was. It's entertaining though. :D

Wow. :blink: I would give the Passion a 9 at least. I thought it was brilliantly done, and amazingly acted. Plus it really convicted me. But that's JMHO. ^_^

I give Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a 10. It was... spectacular. A masterpiece, IMO.
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights gets a 3. Diego Luna is hott, but the story was completely stupid and pointless, and the ending ruined the entire movie, if it had had any value up till then.
Thirteen gets an 8. Amazing acting, and a really relevant story. Very well acted and written. But not exactly everyday "entertainment" fare. It was very depressing.
Confidence also gets an 8. It was very underrated, IMO, and it includes the likes of Ed Burns and Rachel Weiscz. I loved the ending, though I could see it a mile away. ^_^

OK, that's all for now.

Les

Forgot Adaptation, another Charlie Kaufman. It gets a 9, since it doesn't match Eternal Sunshine, but it's still brilliant. It also isn't as romantic as ES, even though it is very intelligent and intriguing. The best acting Nic Cage ever did.

Paycheck

Hmmm, 6 out of 10, maybe?

It was a good concept for a movie but I think it was miscast. Ben Affleck was bugging me (which he usually doesn't) and Uma Thurman was such a waste in this movie. I love her but ah, the dialogue in this movie just sucked.

Movies I've seen recently:

Troy: 7-ish out of ten. Jeez Orlando and Eric Bana were :thud: :thud: :thud: hot but the plot left a bit to be desired- it didn't really give a great sense of closure in the end and Diane Kruger (Helen) was lovely and everything...but she's not a good actress- very wooden and unbelievable. I had a hard time believing anyone would get all that excited about her.

Passion of Christ: 1 out of ten. :thinking: Lots 'o torture and as a Jewish girl...eh. Better left unsaid, I guess. The 1 is for the acting, which I grant you was excellent. Other than that, I found it very disturbing and difficult to watch, but in a bad, I-can't-believe-I-paid-money-for-this kind of way... :blink:

Finding Nemo: 8 out of 10. This was effin' adorable. The graphics were gorgeous and the plot was cute. I highly reccommend for kiddies and adults. (y) (y)

LOTR: Return of the King: 10 out of 10. Too great. I LOVED this movie and not just because Orlando Bloom is in it. It also has Viggo. :blush:

The Day After Tomorrow
It was pretty good, I thought it would be worse. But it was cool, and I discovered Jake (I knew him before, but I didn't think he was hot !! :love: ). And I'm environmentalist, I hope ppl will realize it is important to pay attention at our environment. -_-

Edward Scissorhands

8/10

The amazing Johnny Depp delievers a performance as a robot that never got finished. Hence, he has scissors for hands. An Avon lady comes and takes Edward in. It documents the time he spends with the Avon lady.(I forgot her name. :lol:smiley: Very good. Not just for Johnny Depp because he is very pale in this movie. It will make you cry.

Back