Paranormal The Mystery of The Taos Hum

Tom

An Old Friend

What is the Taos Hum?
What is the Taos Hum?

A variety of theories have been offered as an explanation, ranging from the mundane to the fantastic, the psychological to the paranormal. Stoned hippies, secret government mind control experiments, underground UFO bases and everything in between have been blamed.

The hum seems to have first been reported in the early 1990s.

Sensitive equipment was set up in the homes of several of the "hearers," measuring sounds and vibrations but after extensive testing nothing unusual was detected.
The research revealed, however, that there was not a single identifiable Taos Hum but instead several different ones that people reported; some describe it as whir, hum or buzz. The fact that not everyone heard the same thing was puzzling, and suggests that they may have been reporting subjective experiences instead of objective sounds.

Many researchers suggest that the answer to the Taos Hum mystery may be found in the inner world of personal experience instead of the outer world of factories and heavy equipment. What does your tongue taste like? What does your nose smell like? What does your ear sound like?

Even though we don't notice it, our ears sometimes create their own noises. And because the sounds are subtle (and because most people are constantly surrounded by sound, whether it's music, television, video games, or just a typical noisy city life) we don't hear them until it's very quiet or we are listening carefully. This phenomenon, called spontaneous otoacoustic emissions, is different than auditory disorders such as tinnitus, which causes a ringing in the ears.

As always in science, "unexplained" does not mean "unexplainable." Countless things about the world around us were initially mysterious and unexplained (from the causes of germ-borne disease to the nature of lightning), but were eventually explained through research and science. It's possible that the Taos Hum is real, and its true origins remain unknown, and it's also possible that the hum only exists in the minds and ears of those who report it.

Some thoughts have a certain sound, that being the equivalent to a form. Through sound and motion, you will be able to paralyze nerves, shatter bones, set fires, suffocate an enemy or burst his organs.
Paul Atreides ~ Dune

All Planet Sounds From Space (In our Solar System)

The recorded sounds are the complex interactions of charged electromagnetic particles from the solar wind, ionisphere, and planetary magnetosphere. ... Bottom line: A 2010 video presenting NASA Space Sounds: what happens when spacecraft are used to record radio emissions, which are then converted to sound waves.

The Well to Hell hoax, a widespread urban myth (started in the early 1990s) that Russian scientists in Siberia had drilled so deep that they had broken through into hell and recorded the screams of the damned emanating from the borehole.

upload_2017-10-3_16-28-27.jpeg

Nine Miles Down (2009)
Not Rated | 1h 26min | Horror, Mystery, Thriller | 28 June 2012 (South Korea)

In the Sahara desert, a sandstorm batters a deserted drilling station. Thomas "Jack" Jackman a security patrolman, battles through the high winds to find out why all contact with the station has been lost. Originally built for gas exploration, and then abandoned, the site had recently been taken over by a multi-national research team intent on drilling deeper into the earth's crust than ever before.

Director:
Anthony Waller
Writers:
Everett De Roche, Anthony Waller
Stars:
Adrian Paul, Amanda Douge, Anthony Waller

Using the same technology on the planetary sounds captured by satellites, what would the planets sound like if sped up or slowed down? What if a single sound were isolated and sped up or slowed down?
It seriously plays with my mind...

Singing sand, also called whistling sand or barking sand, is sand that produces sound. The sound emission may be caused by wind passing over dunes or by walking on the sand.

Certain conditions have to come together to create singing sand:

1. The sand grains have to be round and between 0.1 and 0.5 mm in diameter.
  2. The sand has to contain silica.
  3. The sand needs to be at a certain humidity.
The most common frequency emitted seems to be close to 450 Hz.

There are various theories about the singing sand mechanism. It has been proposed that the sound frequency is controlled by the shear rate. Others have suggested that the frequency of vibration is related to the thickness of the dry surface layer of sand. The sound waves bounce back and forth between the surface of the dune and the surface of the moist layer, creating a resonance that increases the sound's volume. The noise may be generated by friction between the grains or by the compression of air between them.

Other sounds that can be emitted by sand have been described as "roaring" or "booming".

The town of Taos, is in north-central New Mexico.
It has mountainous terrain and is close to deserts.
Perhaps they are sensing something close to the singing sands phenomenon?
People have the ability to "Tune their Ear" to certain sounds, like a baby crying from its crib or a specific instrument in an orchestra.
Might they be inadvertently "tuning" to singing sand long away that is being amplified and transmitted thru the mountainous terrain?

I think there are still a lot of strange things that happen in our world that are not explained and are not normal. We have to keep searching for the truth and what is the cause of anything.

We have to
We don't, really.
Curiosity is a driven ambition, not a reflex.
Truth and reality sometimes are different things.
One can be in awe of reality without needing to find truth.
One can search for truth and completely miss reality.

I think its all the new electronic Tesla felgercarb that beaming radio, and micro waves through our skulls, its probably frying our grey matter as we speak. I have a nasty one here, sounds like a diesel truck outside, and a high pitched hiss, I reckon until some one updates this new electronic felgercarb, we have to sit and suffer, Tin foil hats anybody?
The_one_and_only_tinfoil_hat.jpg
tinfoilhat.jpg

You might laugh but I really did have a coworker that had tin foil over his windows and around the entry doors of his house. He and his wife and their two kids were dead serious about it too. Their lives were filled with paranoia and apprehension.
We had them over for BBQ once and he brought a roll of tin foil. When I told him I usually don't use tin foil on my grill he said it was just in case and he kept it near him at all times, constantly nervous. This was before we went to visit him at his house. After we visited, I understood the significance of the BBQ incident at my house.

You might laugh but I really did have a coworker that had tin foil over his windows and around the entry doors of his house. He and his wife and their two kids were dead serious about it too. Their lives were filled with paranoia and apprehension.
We had them over for BBQ once and he brought a roll of tin foil. When I told him I usually don't use tin foil on my grill he said it was just in case and he kept it near him at all times, constantly nervous. This was before we went to visit him at his house. After we visited, I understood the significance of the BBQ incident at my house.
gwen-towers.jpg
HAARP2.jpg
319371_10151270927597589_1187366579_n.jpg
There is your hum sport, nothing mysterious about it, and its been around for a long time....

There is your hum sport
LOL, its not "My" hum. I have never been there.
It is listed in the Supernatural & Unexplained Forum for a reason.
The mystery is that while some people there can sense it, others do not.
Plus there isn't anything detected on instruments.

Is it mass hysteria?
Is it 'tuned' individuals?
Is it a conspiracy?
Is it a natural phenomenon?
Is it man-made?

You would think that the people investigating the hum would rule out obvious sources first thing?
Like cell towers and power lines/transformers, power generation diesel engines and active machinery.
New Mexico is sparse. That's why that area of the country is where experiments are conducted.
Could there be a great subterranean base or experimental machine nearby? It is possible.
Could it be a natural phenomenon? It is possible.

LOL, its not "My" hum. I have never been there.
It is listed in the Supernatural & Unexplained Forum for a reason.
The mystery is that while some people there can sense it, others do not.
Plus there isn't anything detected on instruments.

Is it mass hysteria?
Is it 'tuned' individuals?
Is it a conspiracy?
Is it a natural phenomenon?
Is it man-made?

You would think that the people investigating the hum would rule out obvious sources first thing?
Like cell towers and power lines/transformers, power generation diesel engines and active machinery.
New Mexico is sparse. That's why that area of the country is where experiments are conducted.
Could there be a great subterranean base or experimental machine nearby? It is possible.
Could it be a natural phenomenon? It is possible.
There is no telling whats going on, up there I reckon there is a lot of military experiment's going on, aircraft, ground assault, etc. They say Mericans are likes mushrooms growing in the dark, and they keep us in the dark and their explanations are like dung spread all over us, Bravo Serria if you like....

Back