Season 3 The New Dixon

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
So, what do we think about the new Dixon? He's kind of mean and scary. I know he's in charge, but to see him reprimanding Sydney (and even Jack!) is really weird. It was so bizarre to hear Sydney say "Yes, sir" to him. She never calls ANYBODY "sir". Will they ever be close again? Have they even really talked since she got back? I miss the old Dixon. Carl Lumbly is so great with emotional acting...I'd like to see him do more of that, and not just be a Kendall replacement.

Well in his position he has to be kind of ruthless.
If his agents aren't forced to obey outside of missions whats to say they will in it. Hes still a friend, but he can't treat them differently just because they go back, how would it look to others. Especially if it gets out what Sydney did.

I miss the old Dixon. I hope they don't make him into another Kendall - we hated Kendall. We really need an emotional scene between Syd and Dixon.

The Dixon is just... different. I miss the old Dixon in some ways, but in others I'm glad to have a twist in his storyline.

I know what you mean though Azaela...about him being a Kendall replacement...i feel like since Terry O'Quinn quit they gave the job to Carl and they are wasting such a talented actor...he does so well being Dixon...and now hes just boring...they should have gotten someone else to take kendalls place...not...Dixon :blink: They took away one of the best characters

Charlie said:
The Dixon is just... different. I miss the old Dixon in some ways, but in others I'm glad to have a twist in his storyline.
Yea at least its a change...i guess i would have been disappointed if SOMETHING different hadnt happened to Dixon...but maybe he could have a new wife? That would have been cool...someone who syd could have a Emily/syd relationship with...now that would have been a nice change...i just dont like this cold dixon...unless Dixon is gonna have some sort of breakdown later and it comes out that when syd died he "lost his soul" so to speak...but right now im not happy with Dixon

I think it's kind of good that Dixon is now in that position, because maybe he'll be a little more leniant of the rules with Sydney because they were so close and Syd and Jack know what Dixon will and won't do.

But the confrontations with kendall made the show a bit more interesting in my opinion ^_^ I thought they were funny as hell :lol:

Dixon and Syd were the closest friends and were confidants! Now they're... nothing. Just co-workers. It's like they never spent years of their lives together going on missions... it's so differeeeeeeeeeent.

ugh it's sort of depreessing... this new "Alias"... i loved season 1 where things were peachy and sloane was the evil guy. :lol: But *sighs* everything changes.

I know! Think about how many times they saved each others lives...and Jennifer Garner says in the Season 1 DVD how close she feels to Carl Lumbly because he's the only one who shoots missions with her and he knows how hard it is...then she says that if she feels that close to carl...think about how close Syd/Dixon must feel

that is so true! I mean...i find it unbeliveable that everything they had is just gone...i hope its a lead in to something but right now it seems like a story flaw...their relationship cant just be GONE!

The writers are two into the triangle -_- ::wimpers:: i'm already sick of it! :lol: the triangle is killing meeh, it's so stale. the friendships are what make alias great.... i love all the weiss/syd scenes in seaosn 3 but how could they forget about the strong bond between Syd and *DIXON*

mo we need to write a letter :mellow: :hmm:

dear jj and fellow abc mail openers who need to send this letter to JJ,

okay you finish the rest :lol: :mellow: I'm too mad to write a letter :sigh

i agree with all of you. i agree with intel in that because he's in the top position of power, he shouldn't treat sydney favorably (even though he kind of sort of did). but i also agree with everyone else that the character of dixon just seems to be a kendall replacement. and i also miss the syd/dixon interaction. it had a much different vibe than all of her other relationships. i mean, c'mon, just look at how intensely he reacted when she told him the truth about sd-6 last season! he felt immensely betrayed which means that there must have been such a huge amount of trust between the two of them. now, there's just...nothing.

i also miss seeing dixon going out on missions with syd. :( i liked action dixon.

I agree with Cherry. I miss Action!Dixon. Authority!Dixon isn't nearly as much fun. And I kinda liked Kendall too... I miss him.

i miss the old Dixon too. but he's been through alot over the last 2+ years. i cannot believe he's cool with working with Sloane. seeing as Sloane killed Diane and all. but i suppose if Sydney was able to work with Sloane for nearly 2 years after he killed Danny, Dixon can manage in the current situation.

i was totally uncomfortable with Sydney calling him Sir. it was like the end of their friendship right there. signaled by a "Sir." i feel really sad about it. i think Sydney and Jack need to seperate themselves from the CIA and start their own organization. that'd be cool. first objective: kill Lauren Reed.

crazy spinster said:
i agree with all of you. i agree with intel in that because he's in the top position of power, he shouldn't treat sydney favorably (even though he kind of sort of did). but i also agree with everyone else that the character of dixon just seems to be a kendall replacement. and i also miss the syd/dixon interaction. it had a much different vibe than all of her other relationships. i mean, c'mon, just look at how intensely he reacted when she told him the truth about sd-6 last season! he felt immensely betrayed which means that there must have been such a huge amount of trust between the two of them. now, there's just...nothing.

i also miss seeing dixon going out on missions with syd. :( i liked action dixon.
Sheeshy Cherry... Ur RIGHT! I like action Dixon too!

sdmix said:
i cannot believe he's cool with working with Sloane. seeing as Sloane killed Diane and all. but i suppose if Sydney was able to work with Sloane for nearly 2 years after he killed Danny, Dixon can manage in the current situation.
that actually really bothered me too. i know that dixon said something along the lines of, "for the record, i don't trust sloane" but still. i guess it's different from our perspective though because he's had two years to process it while we've only had less than half a season. still though... it bothers me.

i think Sydney and Jack need to seperate themselves from the CIA and start their own organization. that'd be cool. first objective: kill Lauren Reed.

yes. a splinter cia org. i couldn't agree more. i like your first objective as well. awesome. (y)

Back