Season 5 The new gal - Rachel

I saw a picture of the new gal, Rachel Nichols, for the first time yesterday and she made me nervous!
You see, I have never liked Nadia a whole lot because I had the hardest time believing she was a spy. I'm not sure if it was her beauty, the writing or her acting!
So when I saw Rachel Nichols who also looks like a rail-thin modelish beauty, I became afraid that they are throwing her in there for her looks and going to try and convince us she is a spy, whether she can act it or not.
Sydney is such a great spy because she looks so normal! Truly Jennifer Garner is my idea of true beauty.
What has been everyone else's first impressions?

I totally agree with you. I don't think they are just putting in this girl just for fun. It's a way to get the sex appeal of the show back up. Jennifer Grner is going to be huge, and not going to be all the scenes that guys love, so they throw in some pretty girl to come to the rescue. I personally don't care, becasue her being big dosen't affect me at all, but I guess maybe for male veiwers it does....... :thinking:

~Andrea :angelic:

irinarules said:
I saw a picture of the new gal, Rachel Nichols, for the first time yesterday and she made me nervous!
You see, I have never liked Nadia a whole lot because I had the hardest time believing she was a spy. I'm not sure if it was her beauty, the writing or her acting!
So when I saw Rachel Nichols who also looks like a rail-thin modelish beauty, I became afraid that they are throwing her in there for her looks and going to try and convince us she is a spy, whether she can act it or not.
Sydney is such a great spy because she looks so normal! Truly Jennifer Garner is my idea of true beauty.
[post="1497074"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i've never liked nadia, either.
but i think it's because the writers&such made her seem better than syd
and i don't like that...

and i'm a little nervous about rachel too, because isn't she supposed to be a techie?
no offense or anything to anyone, but she doesn't look like the female marshall character, you know?

It really all depends on how she is written and how is portrays her role.

I had that problem with Sydney in Season 3. I wasn't convinced that she was actually a SPY in some points. She just came off so weak.

Right now, I am nervous. But that's just based on her looks. It ALL depends on how it's portrayed.

Yeah sometimes it does seem like Alias is using sex appeal to get people watch and that is what this new girl is for, the only reason i even convinced some of my friends to watch is because they thought jg was hot now that she is pregnant they arent even going to watch. -_-

i really don't know what to think about this new character does anyone know what her story line will be or any of the other new characters for that matter??

I saw the pic too, and she has a baby face that would make hard to take her as a Spy....but i also think that writers are really good, I mean at first weiss did`nt seem too spy either, he was more like the funny friend ( I like his jokes) and later on the show swashhh! he is a very good field agent... besides its alias anything can hapend specially cause she (rachel) comes as a rookie agent that is going to be trained by sidney, she is going to screw up a lot like sid in the beggining so it is going to be fun to watch how sidney reacts to the same errors she made in the past.

I think there are going to be very funny situations

I personally could careless what she looks like, as long as the girl can act. Although that's easier said then done especially when you have to do scenes with one of the greatest actors of our time. Acting with Jen is a tuff task, you pretty much have to bring "it" everday in order to be even in the same ballpark as her. So all i have to say is good luck rachel, us fans are pulling for you :smiley:

I personally could careless what she looks like, as long as the girl can act. Although that's easier said then done especially when you have to do scenes with one of the greatest actors of our time. Acting with Jen is a tuff task, you pretty much have to bring "it" everday in order to be even in the same ballpark as her. So all i have to say is good luck rachel, us fans are pulling for you :smiley:

SO MY OPINION!

She could be FULGY, but as long as she can tug at every one of my emotions, I'll FALL AT HER FEET! I just don't want Alias to turn into "The O.C." : Hot, young actors that are easy on the eyes who are just...there

Alias has always been respected for its acting and its emsemble cast. Don't screw it up newbies!

I don't think the writers or whoever would have cast her if she wasn't any good...but c'mon you can't get any better than Jeniffer Garner!!
No matter who they cast on the show it still won't be the same without Sydney Bristow kicking the bad guys BUTT!!!
I really hope there will be a season 6 with Sydney back in action again!!!

Here is a very interesting article about Rachel Nichols:
From a Bangor, Maine newspaper

Apparently, she is from Augusta, Maine and this article is a rather lengthy career bio. She met JJ when she auditioned for MI3 and she claims to have been a huge Alias fan for the first 3 seasons, without missing any episode, but what about Season 4? Maybe she was one of those fans who totally gave up on the show in season4. even though alias certainly gained some viewers in the last season, they lost a few of their most devoted fans. :(

So the new girl isn't 'truly' beautiful because she's too beautiful?! That's a bit discriminating isn't it? :smiley: It's not like she's pumped up her lips and her boobs and bleached her teeth so white they blind you. She's truly beautiful, so don't hate her for it!

But I do know what you mean about all these drop dead gorgeous spies. But in Alias land, all the 'spying' seems to be done inside nightclubs with a sexy lady seducing somebody, so maybe beauty is an asset!

I think the problem with Nadia was that they made her character selfish, naiive, whiney, as well as God's gift to spying. It was the character more than anything else.

It's very early to tell, but I'm already liking Rachel. Syd's been irritating me lately, and I think the new girl may be exactly what the show needs.

So the new girl isn't 'truly' beautiful because she's too beautiful?! That's a bit discriminating isn't it? :smiley: It's not like she's pumped up her lips and her boobs and bleached her teeth so white they blind you. She's truly beautiful, so don't hate her for it!

But I do know what you mean about all these drop dead gorgeous spies. But in Alias land, all the 'spying' seems to be done inside nightclubs with a sexy lady seducing somebody, so maybe beauty is an asset!

I think the problem with Nadia was that they made her character selfish, naiive, whiney, as well as God's gift to spying. It was the character more than anything else.

It's very early to tell, but I'm already liking Rachel. Syd's been irritating me lately, and I think the new girl may be exactly what the show needs.
Great point Natalia about Nadia - sorry but no, I wasn't trying to be discriminating! She's georgeous, like anyone else on tv. Maybe a little background would help explain my hesitation - one of the first episodes Nadia is in, at the end of season 3, there is a part where she is walking towards Sloane. From the way she is strutting towards him, it looks like she belongs on a fashion show runway, rather than being an Argentine spy!
HOWEVER - since I posted this topic, we have now seen the first episode and the few seconds we saw of Rachel, I already liked her! SO I am sure my hesitations will be all for naught. I was simply afraid they were going to try and pass her off as a spy and we wouldn't be convinced. I don't care if she's ugly or pretty. 😆 (y) (y)

This girl could not even be evil like Melissa George when she played bad-ass Lauren in the second half of season 3. Or at least she wouldn't be as good as Ms. George.

Despite a cute face, she looks like her hair will turn green any day and she's so pale. Sex appeal isn't there either. I'd much rather see Nadia than this new girl.

And we're supposed to pretend that these new agents will fill the void as Sydney stays at APO doing office work and mentoring the new kids!? GIVE ME A BREAK.

I think she'll suck.

What the hell are you talking about?!?! Nadia selfish? HOW? Naive? Isn't Sydney naive too? If anything Sydney redefines that term.

And about her belonging in a fashion show runway, what the hell, you could say the same thing about Sydney in like every other episode!

I fail to see how Nadia WASN'T a supportive, selfless sister to Sydney and a warm, sweet girl. If anything she lacked character but that's the writers' fault, not Mia Maestro who in my opinion was excellent.

I think that Rachel would be a good spy. i mean, look at JG, she doesn't look like a spy and she kicks some serious ass on the show. Have a little faith. It'll be good.

Maybe she was one of those fans who totally gave up on the show in season4. even though alias certainly gained some viewers in the last season, they lost a few of their most devoted fans.

No, she was busy making The Inside, which had like 16-18 hour days. Work. Sleep. Work. Sleep. So she couldn't find time to watch it. Hence why first priority when she signed with Alias, was to get the box set to watch. :P

I have faith. I like the fact she's a fan of the show.

So far we've hardly seen her, so there's little chance to form an impression. I like her previous work, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of her--and I hope that others won't be against her because they see her as "competition" or, God forbid, "replacement" for Jennifer Garner . . . that would be unfair.

Now that we've actually had time to see her it might be time to resurrect this topic. (If anybody is still left on the forum who cares . . . it's looking kind of empty these days.)

Personally, I like her. I think she's playing her character well. Mostly people were objecting because she looked weak, like she wasn't really cut out to be a spy. I think after seeing Mockingbird that she's supposed to seem kind of vulnerable and maybe not a kick ass agent (yet) because she's a tech geek who admits she doesn't work well under pressure. Not like Syd, who does her best work under pressure. I like the idea of having a female counterpart to Marshall . . . although not with marshall's quirky personality because nobody else could pull that off half as well!

Syd herself was pretty emotional in season one and often reacted emotionally to situations. She grew out of it. It's nice to see characters develop, and I think that Rachel has a lot of potential to develop, too.

Now that we've actually had time to see her it might be time to resurrect this topic. (If anybody is still left on the forum who cares . . . it's looking kind of empty these days.)

Personally, I like her. I think she's playing her character well. Mostly people were objecting because she looked weak, like she wasn't really cut out to be a spy. I think after seeing Mockingbird that she's supposed to seem kind of vulnerable and maybe not a kick ass agent (yet) because she's a tech geek who admits she doesn't work well under pressure. Not like Syd, who does her best work under pressure. I like the idea of having a female counterpart to Marshall . . . although not with marshall's quirky personality because nobody else could pull that off half as well!

Syd herself was pretty emotional in season one and often reacted emotionally to situations. She grew out of it. It's nice to see characters develop, and I think that Rachel has a lot of potential to develop, too.

I agree. However, I'd like to see Rachel become a strong, independent, and kung fu heavy hero by the end of the season.

Back