The New Getaway

This is only my second fan fiction so I’ve decided to only make it a short story. However, the ending will be left open in case you all enjoy it and want me to make it an ongoing series. Please review, if it’s good, I’ll continue.
It takes place in the middle of Episode 12 “The Getaway”. I am starting off where the host/owner of the inn offers the room to Syd and Vaughn. They have accepted the offer and Weiss never got the interception of the DMV computers by Arianna Kane’s men.

The New Getaway

Syd and Vaughn are at Rousseau just finishing up dinner. The host approaches the table and says, “Did you enjoy your meals?” After a nod and thank you from both Vaughn and Sydney, he continues with, “It is too late for you to go out. You have had much to drink. I have an inn upstairs. Tonight you are my guests. Please, take your time.” With that he places a key on the table and walks away.

Vaughn and Syd look at one another hoping that they both want the same thing. As the episode goes, they decide that the situation is too complicated but it would be rude to overlook such a generous offer. They call the man back over and Vaughn tells him in French that they are accepting his offer and wish to be led to their room.

(In the room upstairs, alone)

Both Syd and Vaughn put their jackets on the chair closest to the door and walk around the room, surveying it. Syd stares at Vaughn and when he meets her gaze she says, “Are you sure we should be doing this?”

“Syd, I know what you are thinking. This is against the rules. I was thinking the same thing,” Vaughn replies.

“So what should we do?”

“Well,” says Vaughn hesitantly,” I think we should be professional about the situation. I mean, we are here on a mission. We don’t want to mess it up and have Kendall be mad at us. Right?” Vaughn knows that he doesn’t mean a word he just said but he isn’t sure what Sydney thinks of the awkward situation, either.

“Actually, Vaughn, I’ll be quite honest with you. Work is the last thing on my mind right now. I need to relax. Kendall is not a priority to me. We have completed out mission and have some time to kill. Why can’t we just enjoy ourselves…together?” Syd says hoping Vaughn was on her side of the protocol issue.

“You know what, you’re right. Forget about the CIA. I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” Sydney pondered, hoping it was the response she’d been waiting her entire CIA career for.

“I want to let you know how I feel about you. I…I care about you a lot Syd. I mean, I’m not just your handler or your friend. Our connection is deeper than that. At least, it has been for me. I’ve been wanting to take you out like this for so long.” Vaughn could not even make eye contact with Sydney; for fear that she would not react the way he’d hoped.

She sat down on the couch near a window and tilted her head in a motion meaning for Vaughn to come sit with her. He approached Sydney but hesitated to sit down. Syd grabbed his hand and eased him into the spot next to her. Vaughn sat down but neither of their hands let go. Syd began to speak. “I feel the same way. After Danny died, I wasn’t sure I could love again. I’m not saying I’m in love with you because that is a little fast for me, but I admit that we have a deeper bond than friendship. I want to pursue a relationship with you but it won’t work out. Not yet anyway.”

With that Syd gave Vaughn and sweet smile and kissed him gently on the cheek. Vaughn was simply excited to get a kiss form Sydney Bristow that he had no problem with waiting for Syd. “I can do whatever you want. You just tell me when you’re ready and I’ll be there for you.”

That’s all for now. I’ve already got some extra chapters written. If you like it so far and are ready for some surprises, please review and I’ll add more soon. ;)

The next chapter is here. Thanks for the good reviews. I will now make it a regualr story, that is, if you continue to enjoy it. ;)

Chapter 2

Both Vaughn and Syd slept very well that night, although not in the same bed. Syd had decided not to begin dating Vaughn until her work for the CIA had been successfully completed. They returned to L.A. the next morning after a victorious mission in Nice, France. They spoke of their date to no one. Weiss had already known they were going out for dinner. He was the only one. They decided not to tell even Weiss about what happened after they’d gone upstairs, simply because he has a big mouth. It would be their little secret.

Back at CIA headquarters, Kendall and Jack are congratulating Syd and Vaughn on a job well done in France. They respond with thanks but still feel a bit uncomfortable. As Jack and Kendall walk away, Vaughn gently grabs Sydney be the arm and takes her into a corner of the office where they cannot be seen by anyone else.

“I want to talk about what happened in France,” Vaughn told Sydney a bit persistently.

“So do I. I didn’t want the situation to come off the wrong way. I made it seem as if I never want to date you at all or that I simply don’t like you. It isn’t that way at all. You are the only person I truly care about right now. Will is still freaked out with the whole CIA missions thing and Francie and I couldn’t be drifting further apart. You are the constant in my life.” Syd said with a sigh of relief afterward.

“I agree. I broke up with Alice last week and Weiss in my only other friend. You and I need to work together because the sooner we take down SD-6, the closer we can get. What do you think?” Vaughn asked hoping Syd really did want to date him.

“I completely agree. I said I didn’t want our relationship to go any further but only right now. I want us to be able to see more of each other but only when you are no longer my handler. This has nothing to do with protocol but everything to do with time. We need to have time to spend with each other. It won’t work out until SD-6 is gone.” Sydney said reassuringly.

Vaughn replied with, “So, how should we get started on defeating our enemy?” :angry:

Sorry, it’s a little short, but I think the stories are better when you are starving for more. I’ll have more up soon if you review and want more. Hope you liked it.

that was so sweet. i really love it. you are a very talented writer. when syd was talking to vaughn about how much he meant to her it really touched my heart. wow. i sound really sappy. can't wait for more! ~goofygal

Sorry everybody but I'm not going to continue this story because not enough people have been replying. I'm not quite sure where I was going with it anyway. However, if you liked this stroy you can check out my other fic that I started called "Countdown to Freedom". This one seems to be more popular and I am going to keep it going. Hope you like it. ^_^

I'm sad that you have decided to stop writing this because I liked it! I hope you decide to change your mind and continue this story!
-Bekah

Back