The New Girl

Aww....Jack...please don't let him die Ethan!

Yeah like Erin said, the picture part was great. You know as much as I find Sark cute...he can be a really @$$ sometimes.

Awesome updates...I was gonna ask you who sang those lyics and when I saw it I kinda cringed cause Hanson was never my fav but now they aren't so bad...just as long as they don't sing Mmmmbop....*cringes again*

Update soon!

well, its a good thing you and i don't chat about music, or we'd probably never speak to each other again lol (big fan of hanson)

ALiAs_AgEnT_423 said:
Well at least tell me you like Evanescence...lol.
of course, of course. i love them soo much that im going to their concert at jones beach this summer with SEETHER--yahooooooo!

lol.

A/N: I know it’s short, but don’t worry. The really good jaw-dropper stuff is yet to come. Oh, and of course I leave you with a cliffhanger at the end of this chatpter…*eeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllll grin*

Chapter 21-Dangerous Dealings

“Sark, I am going to find you and kill you, I’m going to—“

“Well, I highly doubt that. I understand that you have the vial of the Rambaldi liquid.”

“You want it back.”

“Ms. Bristow, I am going to ask you to switch to a secure line and call this number back.” He hung up.

Sydney got on the other line and said to her mother, “Mom, do you have a phone tap device nearby?”

“I think there’s one in your father’s study…okay, here it is.”

“I need you to key in this frequency number-23884259. Can you give me the number of the device you’re using? Okay, put on the headphones and listen in.”

“Who was that?” Vaughn asked as Sydney opened a drawer and pulled out her CIA-issue cell phone.

“Michael, hand me one of those transmitter devices from the office.” He threw it to her; she caught it and attached it to her cell phone. She then keyed in the frequency number of the device her mother was using.

A/N: Okay, I’m certainly not the expert on how phone tap devices work, so bare with me as I get creative :smiley:

“Syd, what’s going on?” Vaughn asked.

“That was mom. Dad’s missing. Sark called in; he has dad. I’m calling him back on a secure line, but only mom can hear the conversation.”

She dialed the number Sark called her from.

“It’s me.”

“Sydney, we don’t want the vial of Rambaldi liquid.”

“I don’t understand.”

“We are not interested that anymore. We want your sister, Rachel.”

“What does she have to do with anything?”

“I’m afraid that’s none of your concern. But, as I said, you have now less than 36 hours to turn her over to us, or you will regret it.”

She sighed and turned to face Vaughn. Her eyes said everything.

She turned back around and said into the phone, “What are your terms?”

~~*~~*~~*~~

Irina and Rachel prepared to meet with Sydney and Vaughn at a specified location.

“Rachel, don’t worry.” Irina said. “You heard Sydney and Vaughn over the phone. Whatever Sark and Lauren want you for; we’ll make sure it doesn’t happen.”

“There’s no guarantee that this plan will go forward correctly.”

“Honey…” Irina walked over to where Rachel sat at a computer, typing, and grabbed her hands.

“We will protect you. Nothing will go wrong.”

“I’m just so…I don’t know. I’m scared. I’m nervous.”

“What’s there to be nervous about?” She looked straight into the eyes of her other daughter.

Rachel closed her eyes and nodded. “You’re right.” She said.

“Alright, then. Now, turn that thing off and let’s go. We don’t want to be late.”

Rachel sighed, turned off the computer and got up to follow her mother.

And Irina’s beeper went off.

oooohh hmmmmm

well i haven't got a clue as to how phone tap devices work either but i think you did fine!

Awesome chapter too.

what do Sark and Lauren want Rachel for is the questoin

Fabulous!
E

Awesome chappy!

I dunno about phone tapping either. But you worked in well!

And yes.... EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Ha ha...

Okay me an you are on good terms when it comes to music. As long as you Evanescence, then we're cool! Lucky...they are gonna be in concert here in july, but I'll be working. Ahhh...oh well.

YoungStarsOwner said:
what do Sark and Lauren want Rachel for is the questoin

Fabulous!
E
yes yes yes, you are right. BIG plot point. well, you'll just have to wait to find out

*runs off to think about ending to story and smile at how everyone's wondering*

muahahah!

ALiAs_AgEnT_423 said:
Okay me an you are on good terms when it comes to music. As long as you Evanescence, then we're cool! Lucky...they are gonna be in concert here in july, but I'll be working. Ahhh...oh well.
did u check out their new video for "Everybody's Fool"? It's soo awesome.

Yes I did! That is such an awesome video! I wish MTV would play it...I haven't seen it on there yet. And plus the video makes me love the song even more!

Chapter 22-Transparent

Irina and Rachel proceeded into the warehouse to meet Sydney and Vaughn.

“What’s going on?” Irina asked. “Your message said it was urgent.”

“We just got a call from Joint Task Force at the Rotunda. The good news is, they’ve approved our op to go in and rescue my father. The bad news is, the vial is missing.” Sydney told them.

Suddenly, Rachel looked up. “What? We had it secure—“

“We have to assume that Sark and Lauren have the vial.” Vaughn cut in. “But, since they left behind evidence, we also have to assume they know that we know they have it. They’re using it as bait.”

“Sark was lying then.” Sydney uttered.

“What?” Vaughn said.

“When he told me he didn’t want the vial…”

“That he only wanted Rachel…” Irina continued for her

“He only did that to distract us and the CIA from the vial long enough for them to reacquire it.”

“That still doesn’t explain why they want Rachel.” Irina said, looking at her.

“Well, whatever the reason, our situation just got even more dangerous.” Sydney said.

Vaughn said, “Does that mean we should even go forward with the plan of disguising Sydney as Rachel? Even with the mask, the skin adjustments, and the voice modulator—“

“Of course we should.” Sydney said.

“It could mean your death.”

“There is no reason not to go forward.”

“I think we should at least try to steal the vial back. Or better yet, destroy it.” Irina suggested.

“Right.” Rachel said. “There’s always a chance that the fluid will fall into the wrong hands.”

“And the best way to do that is with the element of surprise.” Sydney said. “Disguise is the best way to do that.”

“Sydney’s right.” Rachel said. “We move in.”

Irina, Vaughn and Sydney looked at her and said “OK.”

~~*~~*~~*~~

Morocco

April 6, 0200 hours

“How’s the toxin working?” Lauren asked.

“The job should…the job will be done in the next thirty hours.” Sark responded.

“Which, ironically, will be Rambaldi Day.”

“What?”

“April seventh. 4/7 on the calendar.”

Sark chuckled. “Yes.” He handed Lauren a bottle of Chateau Petreuse ’82. They leaned against the wall and he kissed her neck.

She smiled. “Well, we’ll have everything we need by then.”

He chuckled again. “I’ll be in control.”

She pushed him hard away and said “What did you say?”

“We. We’ll be in control.” He answered quickly, nervous.

She strode past him, saying “You’re transparent, you know that?”

“What do you mean?”

She turned around and looked him straight in the eye.

“Everyone sees right through you, Julian.”

She walked out of the room and slammed the door.

Chapter 23-Time Pt. 1

***FLASHBACK***

Julian Sark, twelve years of age, stands in the corner of the school yard at Aidan Boarding school. He watches the other children run and play.

He wasn't always like this. When he was younger, at a time, he was free, like them.

But things had changed. He had begun to discover a darker side of himself. He felt set apart from everyone else.

It was something his father, whom he was never very close with, had sent him the week before. A package.

"Hey, Julie, dance for us!" The girl who always teased him called out.

He stared at her with a piercing gaze, a gaze that said 'I'm not like you. Go away. Leave me alone.'

She backed away, then ran off to play with her friends. But her last glance at him seemed to be of worry, of conern.

Julian dismissed it immediately.

Before he was sent to boarding school at age seven, he was always very curious about his father. He would always catch him studying old parchment in a language young Julian never understood. He would often hear his father mutter words in his sleep like "...prophecy..." and "eye....hand..", "..second coming". And a name: "Rambaldi."

Julian didn't understand it. He was afraid of it. All he wanted was to get away.

But now that he had, he still didn't feel any more safe, or fear any less.

The package was pages of parchment, in that same languag. Julian was going to throw it away in disgust, but then he noticed that a portion of it was in a language he did understand. As he stood in the corner of the schoolyard, he tried to remember what it had said...

"...greatest power...unto utter desolation....without pretense....never having seen...Mt. Subasio...single glance...quelled her fire."

And something more...

"This woman...DNA...hidden...second coming."

From what Julian understood, this combined fluid of Rambaldi's DNA (whoever he was) and the eggs of The Chosen One (whoever she was) would have to be inserted into a woman, who would be the child's mother.

Among the drawings on the parchment was a two pictures, each of a woman. One of them was said to be 'The Chosen One'.

And the other looked a lot like that girl who always teased him, who called him

"Julie!"

She called his name again as all the children ran inside. Rain began to fall; thunder was heard.

Julian followed slowly behind them.

good thinking erin, but no. I knew some people were going to think that, but it's not the case. the girl is someone else, someone very different...

muahahah!

Back