The New Girl

Chapter 24-Time Pt. 2

***FLASHBACK***

"You are fifteen years old, Julian. You still show no effort in any of your classes, you don't participate in any extra curricular activities, you barely even move from that corner during recess. Why haven't you showed any improvement? Why do you not try?"

Julian Sark sat in the chair in front of the principal's desk.

"I really don't see any need to."

"You don't see any need to?"

"That's right."

"Stand up here, boy! Now!"

Julian reluctantly got up out of his seat and walked over to the principal, who had a belt in his hand.

Outside the office, walking down the hall was the girl. She began to walk slower as she saw shadows in the principal's office and heard yelps. She knew what was going on. It happened every day. When she saw Julian come out, his arms, all red, folded across his arms with tears across his cheeks, she walked over to him.

"How'd it go?"

"Fan-bloddy-tastic."

"C'mon, Julie, it couldn't have been that bad."

"Y'know what?" he said, walking toward the library. He always went there after a beating. She began to follow him.

"What?"

"One day..." he opened the door and walked in, she was still following him, "someone is going to shut you up."

She closed the door behind her.

"And who might that be?” She looked him straight in the eyes, just as he had, that day, years ago in the schoolyard.

He suddenly ran up to her and kissed her on the lips, and she was so taken aback that she fell back onto one of the library tables.

“Hmm…”she said. “that was surprising. What was that for?”

He smiled. “No reason. But, like I said, some one is going to shut you up.”

“Please continue.” She said. He kissed her again.

THREE HOURS LATER

Julian gets up out of bed, puts on a robe, and walks to the window, pulling back the shades. The sun was just setting. He smiled.

“It’s just about dark.” He said, turning around. Then he realized.

She was gone.

Sark woke up screaming, waking Lauren up. She put her hand on his shoulder, saying

“Is everything alright?”

“Yeah. Yeah, I’m fine.” He replied, laying back down.

“Bad dream?”

“Sure, yeah. Bad dream.”

She looked at him suspiciously. “Are you sure that’s all it is?” She asked.

“Of course.”

~~*~~*~~

The L.A. Safe House

“So…” Vaughn began, “We’re going ahead with the plan? According to Sark’s instructions? The hotel in Morocco?”

“Yeah.” Sydney said. She was fixing up some weapons for their trip.

“Syd?”

“Uh-huh?” she asked, still working on the weapons. He grabbed her hand, causing her to put down the weapon and look at him.

“You know Sark’s style just as well as I do. We could be walking into a trap.”

“Yeah, but what if he suspects that we think that and doesn’t really want us to go to the hotel? I think we should just play this one out. It might work to our advantage.”

Vaughn sighed. “Alright, I’m just worried about you.”

She leaned over and kissed him. “You don’t have to be. It’ll be fine. C’mon, let’s get to the plane. I’m done here.”

He followed her outside.

Morocco

April 6 1400 hours

Sydney and Vaughn strode through the hotel doors in full business wear, and walked up to the hotel lobby desk, they’re comm units connected with Irina and Rachel out back.

“We’re here to see Dr. Trom.” They said unanimously.

Two minutes later, they entered the hotel room of Mr. Robert Trom.

“Mr. Sark sent us.” Vaughn said.

“What do you have for us?” Sydney asked.

“Are you here alone?” The man asked.

“Yes.” Sydney lies.

Suddenly Trom dims the lights and turns off every electronic thing in the hotel room.

“I’m here to help. I know why Sark wants Rachel. I’m willing to turn on him.”

Long time no see, guyz! (well, actually, this story's seen longer) At least the old forums are working. Well, back to business:

Chapter 25-Switching Sides

"Hold on a second here." Vaughn said quickly. "What exactly do you know?"

"I can't tell you much. Only that Sark sent you here, to me, so I could kill you."

"Figures." Sydney said.

"But we can use this to our advantage. I will call Mr. Sark, tell him that the job is done and that, in addition to the promised reward. I demand to come to him, and view...it."

"View what?" Sydney asked, standing up. "What are they planning to do besides just killing my father?"

"I cannot explain--"

"But you have to tell me. I have to know!"

"Syd..."Vaughn said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "If we want to have any chance at all at saving your father, we have to move quickly."

"Yes." Trom said. "Now, you'll travel with me to the facility where they are holding the prisoner..."

"His name is Jack." Sydney interjected.

"Right. Jack. I've been there before, I'll find a place for you two to hide. I'll make a distraction for Sark, giving you enough time to sneak in, steal the equipment, and get your dad out."

"Well," Vaughn began, "We have all the weapons, comms and other equipment that we'll need, but..."

"Aliases." Trom finished for him.

"That'd be nice." Syd said.

"I've got just the thing."

~~
TWO HOURS LATER

Trom opened the back door of the hotel, followed by Sydney and Vaughn, dressed in complete tourist gear. They find Irina and Rachel standing right in front of them, arms crossed.

"What took you?" Rachel asked sarcastically.

"C'mon." Syd said, and they joined her and Vaughn as they moved to the van.

"We're with them." Rachel said over her shoulder to Trom, who was still standing on the step, dumbfounded.

"I thought you said you were alone."

"We lied." Sydney and Vaughn said unanimously.

He followed them into the van.

On the way, in the van, Trom drives, Rachel's in shotgun, and Irina, Syd and Vaughn sat in back.

"So, what was this deadline you were talking about?" Trom asked Sydney.

"Well, right now, it's six p.m. So, we've got twelve hours until, well, you know."

"Yes." Trom said. He reached down below the steering wheel and fiddled with something.

Vaughn leaned foward. "What are you doing?"

Trom then puts both hands on the wheel. He laughs. "Oh, nothing. Just fixing up some bugs."

They heard a small thud near the passenger seat of the van.

Rachel swore. "I dropped my cell." She reached to pick it up and her head was forced into the door as the van swerved violently out of control. She managed to get up.

Sydney tried to lean foward. "Are you OK?"

"I'm fine."

"What's going on?" Vaughn asked.

The van swerved again and began to tumble down a hill.

Syd grabbed Vaughn's hand.

At the end the van toppled over, and everyone managed to get out.

When they were all out, Irina asked "What just happened?"

"I don't know." Trom said. "The van just went crazy. I lost control. It was as if it had a mind of it's own."

Sydney jumped at him, pinning him to the edge of the upside-down van.

"This is our vehicle. You snuck behind our backs. What did you do?"

Vaughn pulled her away. "Syd, this doesn't help. We don't know what happened. Like I said, all that matters now is getting to your dad."

Syd looked at the ground. "We're already begind schedule."

"If we start hiking now..." Irina began

"We'll make it in six hours." Trom finished.

"Let's get moving." Rachel said.

And they began they're hike, pushing past green as they went.

OK you guyz, get ready for THE big twisteroni! Gee, maybe I shouldn't reaveal it yet, maybe its too soon. Oh, the heck with it! I cannot contain it any longer! I don't sell airplane parts, I, I've never sold airplane parts! LOL, no that's not what I've been keeping from you lol. Read:

Chapter 26

Sydney and Rachel move upward on a hill.

When they reached the top, they were in front of a seemingly abandoned warehouse.

Trom, Irina and Vaughn came up behind them.

"This it?" Syd asked Trom.

"Yep. Alright, I've got our positions worked out." he said, taking out a map.

"You all will climb onto the roof, up here. When you hear the signal from me, you'll sneak in through the ventilation shaft, here. Use the op-tech you have to get your father out. I'll only be able to occupy Sark and Lauren for so long, so you should probably be ready to move out within five minutes of your break-in."

Irina's eyes turned to a side of the warehouse where an old ladder hung from the top. Sydney, Rachel and Vaughn followed her up the ladder, turning on their comms.

~~*~~*~~

"Mr. Sark." They heard Trom say over their comms as he entered the house.

"Darling?" called Lauren. "Julian, he's here."

Inside the warehouse, Trom's head turned to an inner cavern, where Jack Bristow lay, dying.

"He has about 30 mintues, I'd say." Sark told Trom. "Now, I'd like to see that you've lived up to your word. The girl's dead body? And her fluids?"

Up on the roof, Irina, Vaughn, Rachel and Syd all exchanged glances.

"Yes." They heard Trom respond. "Would you come over--"

His voice cut out.

"That's it." Syd said quickly. She threw off her comm. "Let's go in." She broke off the vent door and climbed in, Rachel, Irina and Vaughn following.

~~*~~*~~

CIA OPERATIONS CENTER

Marshall skimmed through the briefs of the previous mission.

"Dixon! Mr. Dixon!"

Dixon rushed in. "What is it, Marshall?"

"It's Rachel, sir. Ms. Reed. Well, I mean, Ms. Reed Bristow, because she technically is a Bristow, but, then again, there's the adoption thing--"

"Marshall, what is it?"

A/N: Yes, a little Marshall humor there. I felt it was needed, to pre-soften the blow of what is to come. Muahah!

~~*~~*~~

Sark tied up all three of them.

Sydney, Vaughn and Irina.

Rachel walked up to Sark and Lauren, stood in between them, and faced all three of them, her arms around Lauren and Sark's shoulders in a friendly manner.

She looked up at Sark and smiled at him.

"I told you I'd be back." She said to him. "I told you I'd stay loyal to you."

"No. You can't be." Sydney muttered.

Rachel smiled at Sydney and said

"Well, sis, how's that for a spin?"

Crys, wherever you are, you have some catching up to do. -_-

DAZZLING DOUBLE FEATURE! TWO CHAPTERS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!

Here's the next chapter:

Chapter 27

Sydney opened her eyes, which was hard because they seemed to hurt.

Her arms were cuffed above her head, attatched to a wire that led to the cieling.

Her feet dangled below her.

On her left was Vaughn. On her right was her mother. They were both cuffed the same way and were both unconscious.

Syd was barely awake. She thought she heard a door open and close.

Rachel, carrying a gun, walked in, approached Syd and punched her in the face, waking her fully.

"Surprise, Ms. b****stow." she said. "I bet ya never saw this comin'."

Sydney kept silent.

Rachel pressed in, close to her face.

"Remember in the car, when I 'dropped my cell'? See, Trom really was fixing up the ignition."

"Where is he?" Syd asked.

As if on cue, a large panel opened up in the wall and Trom fell out, bleeding from his head where a bullet was.

"Well," Rachel said, "I guess that answers your question."

"Moving on," Said Lauren as she walked in to the torture chamber, carrying a similar pistol.

"Seeing as you're the only one awake, I would think you're a bit lonely."

Rachel uncuffed Irina; Lauren uncuffed Vaughn and they fell to the floor, waking up.

Lauren then grabbed Vaughn by the throat.

"I want you again." she kissed him and he squirmed.

She shoved him against the back wall and Rachel did the same to Irina.

"Julian," Rachel called, "bring in dear old daddy."

Sark rolled Jack in on a gurney.

"Sydney," he said, "in about ten minutes your father will.....well, he won't completely die. He will probably just be brain dead. What will kill him is this." Sark took out of his pocket a vial filled with some black liquid.

"This is a heightened version of lysergic acid diethylamide, or LSD. The primary drug used in the old CIA program...MK-ULTRA." He took out a syringe and filled it up with the liquid.

"Look," Sydney began. "You obviously got what you wanted--Rachel. Now just let him go!"

"Oh, but you're wrong. Mr. Trom did not live up to his word. However, I am willing to spare your father's life. On one condition."

"What?"

Sark nodded to Rachel and Lauren, who released their grip on the necks of Vaughn and Irina. They aimed their guns at Syd.

He released Sydney's cuffs but caught her before she hit the ground and grinned, kissing her neck. She grinned but rolled off of him.

After she stood up, Sark handed her a gun.

"Aim that at your mother, or your fiance, if you wish, and fire."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28

Sydney aimed the gun in between the two of them.

"I suggest you choose, Sydney."

She began to blink rapidly.

"Killing them will not do anyone any good, including you."

"That's where you're mistaken. Do you recall a certain technology.....Project: Helix? We've developed a newer version."

"You want to make a double to send back to the CIA." Syd said softly.
"But you can't. It won't work. Both Vaughn and Mom have left the spy world. They're cover will be blown the second they walk through the door."

"Well, now that I know that, I can pass it along to my patients."

Syd frowned and continued to blink rapidly, then stopped.

She aimed the gun at Rachel and fired. Rahcel fell back and dropped her gun. Irina snatched it and shot at Sark, but missed. Syd knocked him out with her gun.

With Syd and her mother distracted for a second, Lauren shot Vaughn in the arm and he screamed.

"Michael...." she cooed, "Don't you miss when we used to play?" she leaned in closer to him when Irina threw Vaughn Rachel's gun. He caught it with the other hand and shot Lauren in the chest. She collapsed onto him from the close range impact and he shoved her off, kicking her into the wall. She crumpled to the floor.

He spit on Lauren.

"No. I don't." he said to her.

"At first, I didn't realize what your message was when you were blinking." Irina said to Syd.

"It was 'grab gun when I shoot'." Syd responded, gathering up the equipment.

Irina walked slowly over to the gurney and Jack's eyes began to open.

"Irina," he said weakly, "I missed you."

~~

CIA OPERATIONS CENTER

"I found a strange transmission sir." Marshall said to Dixon in his office.

"Where did it originiate from?" Dixon asked.

"Well, you see, that's the tricky part. Finding the transmission's point of origin was complicated. Before it ended at a warehouse in Morocco, it bounced off a couple of office buildings, at specific offices. It looks as if the transmission was meant to be seen by those offices. Anyway, it originated from Ms. Derevko and Mr. Bristow's house in the village."

"How do we know it wasn't Irina who sent it?"

"Because even though it was sent on her name, the terminal at that house extracts DNA from the fingerprints, since fingerprints alone can be forged, or placed there afterwards. The DNA matches Rachel's. Also, the message was signed with a codename we're not familiar with."

"Who was staying at those offices?"

~~

"I missed you too." Irina said, crying.

Syd hugged Vaughn and kissed him on the forehead.

"Michael, are you okay?"

"Um--"

"No, of course you're not." She took her sweatshirt off and cut a long piece off, tying it to the area where he was shot.

"Syd--"

"We've got to get out of here."

"No, Sy--"

"Vaughn, we've got to move."

"Sydney! Look behind you."

She turned around to see Arvin Sloane crouching over Rachel. He extracted the bullet from her shoulder.

"Thank you for the transmission." he said to her.

"Yeah, we really appreciated it." said another familiar voice.

Allison Doren then stabbed Irina in the thigh and she fell, picked up the syringe from it's place beside Sark and injected it into Jack's neck.

He gasped quickly and began to suffocate.

"Well," Allison said, "Maybe now I'll be able to get back to my old self."

My apologies Ethan! I've got such a bad cold right now and plus work has kept me busy. Then we had a hurricane last week, just to add to all the fun so I didn't have power for days.

I can't believe you would add a twist like that!!

OMG! How can you do that to Irina and Jack! NNNOOOOOOOO! EEEEEVVVVIIIIIILLLLLLLLL!

Great updates! Sorry it took so long. :smiley:

P.S. - We miss you at IRF! We are about to rescue Eva!!!

thanx crystal and filmlover!

crys, i know, i heard about the hurricane, no reason to b sorry. i hope everyone under your roof is ok!

btw, ive been busy 2, so haven't had much time to check up on IRF, but I will soon.

but, if u cld, cld u send me a PM? Just bring me a little up to speed as much as you can on where we are on the rescue?

Back