Announcements The new Media Gallery is now open!

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
It's finally open, our new Media Gallery! The Media Gallery will be the place were any all types of art work, music, video clips, and anything else we come across will be available for downloading. Right now there are just a few items in there as we get started but soon more will be coming.

I would really like to hear from you, our community, as to what would you really want to see there. Would you prefer that it be separated by the theme, such as all Star Trek together and all Star Wars together, or would you prefer everything be grouped together in categories such as Wallpaper, video clips, music, etcetera?

You can also upload your own files as well! Just click on the upload button to submit any items from your own collections. Most files up two 2 megs in size can be uploaded so if you have anything bigger than that just let me know and we'll work on a different way of getting your images online.

Just remember, this is your gallery so let us know what you'd like to see!

I reached the media gallery by clicking your link. Is there another place to access the gallery or do we have to open your post every time and link in from there?
Just wondering if I'm missing something here.

Also, Where is the link to the link base?

Teach me:worthy:

skwirlinator said:
OK I figued it out, Click on home and use the index on the left
GOT IT
Whoops! :eek:

Yep, you're right... I should've specified where to find the menu option. I'll add an "Gallery" menu option to the top navigation bar today to make it easier. Since the "User CP" option is duplicated under the "Quick Links" option I'll most likely swap that one in order to make room for it.

Thanks,
Kevin

EDIT: OK, the navigation bar ("navbar") at the top of the pages has been updated. I've removed the "User CP" option (you can still find it under "Quick Links"), added a Gallery link, and also moved some of the links around to make it easier to find some of the more often used item.

Looks like the Fantasy gallery needs some categorys set up.
I just uploaded some wallpapers <Wizards of the Coast Fantasy Wallpapers> find by keyword search <WOC>
Just so ya know...
:cool:

Good news! The dedicated Cool Sci-Fi Gallery is back at http://coolscifi.com/gallery!

The threads that are in the "Gallery" forum with attachments will be moved into the Gallery area while threads that are linking to images on other servers will be moved to the Sci-Fi discussion forum at http://coolscifi.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy-discussion.14/.

We are still working on setting up permissions & other settings in the Gallery so please let us know if you have any problems with it or question! :cool:

The Gallery has gotten an overhaul. The software we were using for the gallery was a 3rd party add-on to the forum software that we use. Recently the forum software vendor we use has purchased a different 3rd party gallery add-on and it is now an officially support product. That means both the forum & gallery are now from the same vendor with the same level of support offering better integration.

The "Gallery" moniker is now "Media" and everything that was in the old Gallery area has been imported into the new Media area. All of the old links should now redirect automatically to the new Media links. That means all of the links that are in Google for the albums & pictures will still work and if anybody had any bookmarked. ;)

The interface is a bit different but I think some members will find it easier to navigate.

I am still going through some of various options & settings available so please let me know if you run into any problems or have any questions about the new media area.

I was in the new media area recently and I agree - it is much better and easier to use. Thank You.
Hopefully this new format will promote more discussions relating to the art works. I just love how some inspire my imagination while others give me nostalgia.
In time, I will add some of my more recent finds to share with our members. I am always on the look-out for new creative artists that explore the genres.
Just one more thing that makes CoolSciFi my community of choice!

Back