Season 3 The nightmare begins

Excelent review as always. Thank You. (y)

I strongly suspect that Sark was ordered to have Sydney reviled. It may be a Sloane plot to have Jack dependant on him to rescue Sydney. It might have been the plan for Sydney to be reveled once Sloane had gotten some things done and was ready to force Jack and Sydney onto his side by having them dependant on him for rescue and then dependant on him as enemies of the government to stay free.

The NSC is not so much a agency as it is a part of the White House staff. The head of the NSC is the President himself. Originally it is my recall that the NSC started as just a committee of the President, Chief of Staff, CIA head, National Security advisor, Chairman of the Joint Cheifs of staff and now the Head of homeland security. But just like on West Wing the NSC does have a staff now to provide information. The staff is made up of both military aids and civilian staff. On the West Wing you see the NSC in action anytime the President goes into the situation room.

I have assumed that Lindsy is a key presidential aide per that plays golf with the President comment. Lindsy also holds the position of director of the NSC staff of which Lauren is a member.

Above reason is why I find it very believable that Lindsy could pull rank in this situation. Although legally Lindsy and Lauren both are just presidential staff and have no legal power of their own they have a great deal of power whenever the President delegates a task to them.

Again you can see how this works on West Wing where one of the key staff characters give instructions to a Secritary of a department even though legally the Secritary greatly out ranks them.

That's a great synopsis up there, I'm pretty sure Irina plays a part in all of this, probably a big one. For all we know she's in the covenant, but didn't know her daughter was for a while and then tried to help her when she realized it, much like how Jack did in SD-6. She loves her daughter, and has feelings for Jack, but that's all we know.

The only bad thing about that is we'll only know what she did from other sources since she didn't sign for the season. I bet Lena Olin knew how big her part was to the plotline and upped her price tag. I wouldn't be suprised if we saw her in the fourth season, though. Like everyone else, I don't want to wait that long.

All i know is that whatever Irina did in the 2 missing years will be interesting, but limited until her character returns.

torch95 Posted on Nov 25 2003, 01:11 AM
That's a great synopsis up there, I'm pretty sure Irina plays a part in all of this, probably a big one. For all we know she's in the covenant, but didn't know her daughter was for a while and then tried to help her when she realized it, much like how Jack did in SD-6. She loves her daughter, and has feelings for Jack, but that's all we know.
Not a bad theory here. In fact not improbable since we are constantly seeing deja vu scenes popping up here and there.
Still in Reunion Jack contacts IRina and she said she would upload the info on Lazeray to him. So far, he hasn't gotten any.
:cool:

lenafan said:
Still in Reunion Jack contacts IRina and she said she would upload the info on Lazeray to him. So far, he hasn't gotten any.
We don't know what Jack got, if anything--nor do we know what leads he got from Sloane or what he did with them.
;)

Back