The Nine Lives Of Chloe King

This is great new show. Honestly it starts out a little shaky, but has matured and become one of my favorite sic fi/fantasy shows.

Nine Lives is about a girl called Chloe who discovers on her 16th birthday she is not human but Mai, an ancient race, descendants of the Egyptian Goddess Bastet. She also discovers that she is the 'Uniter' a unique type of Mai written in prophecies to save the Mai and human races. Whilst this is going on she is trained by other Mai living in San Francisco with her(great backdrop for the show btw) to hone in her superpowers which include enhanced speed, strength agility, hearing, night vision and oh yeah... claws. She is also being hunted by The Order an old human society who have sketchy motives.

The show has a great tone to it, it has been likened to Buffy a lot by critics and has been getting great reviews, its got great lead actors who have brilliant chemistry, and great Banter. The fighter sequences are also excellent, again having started out not so good.

Give the show a chance, make sure you don't just judge it on the pilot. You can catch up on hulu/itunes or youtube.

Its on tuesday 9/8c on ABCFAMILY. This week is the season finale. (6pm for west coast directive viewers)

ABCFAMILY along with MTV are killing it in terms of young adult shows, don't let the 'family' fool you. CW is dead now.

Enjoy and I hope you guys like it! Check out this clip...

Darn! It's AWFUL! I can't believe that Nine Lives of Chloe King was cancelled.

I was really getting into the show only for it to be cancelled. I hope that Terra Nova won't have the same six feet down under treatment.

@ Kevin, the episodes are still up in iTunes and Sony PlayStation Network.

I'm still nursing the wounds my heart suffered last year when NBC axed The Cape.

@ Kevin, the episodes are still up in iTunes and Sony PlayStation Network.
Neither an Apple fan nor Sony owner. I'll poke arond the net a bit when I have time to catch at least the premier episode.

I'm still nursing the wounds my heart suffered last year when NBC axed The Cape.
I couldn't get into The Cape too much; was a bit too campy for me with the circus theme. It only started attracting my attention near the end when it was revealed who the father of Summer Glau's character was.

Now ABC cancelling Flash Forward, on the other hand, still annoys me. :banghead:

Neither an Apple fan nor Sony owner. I'll poke arond the net a bit when I have time to catch at least the premier episode.

I couldn't get into The Cape too much; was a bit too campy for me with the circus theme. It only started attracting my attention near the end when it was revealed who the father of Summer Glau's character was.

Now ABC cancelling Flash Forward, on the other hand, still annoys me. :banghead:

I'm a fan of Batman (Adam West's Batman, Bruce Timm's Batman The Animated Series and Cartoon Network's The Batman) and so it was quite easy for me to get into NBC's The Cape. My younger sister also enjoyed The Cape and introduced me to abc's No Ordinary Family which I quickly became a fan of.

Sadly, we've come to the conclusion that most good and descent shows normally get cancelled and we have thus we have learned that is better to live in the moment and enjoy a show while you can before the Grim Reaper comes and gives it the axe. It is with abated breath that I continue to pray that abc's Once Upon A Time and CN's ThunderCats reboot will last a lot longer than The Cape and Nine Lives of Chloe King did.

However, I'm quite happy to learn that the BBC's Merlin is coming back for a fourth season although I don't know that's going on with Sherlock as of yet.

Back