The number 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could find this anywhere on a search, so forgive me if I'm repeating.
While watching "double agent" Syd and Vaughn went to rescue Lennox in room 47, Then in a season 3 episode she has the dream and keeps seeing the number 47 on other doors and of course theres Ramboldi item 47, I know the last 2 things are linked I just the room number in "double agent" was odd.
Perhaps JJ likes the way the two numbers look together.

um yeah 47 is all through out alias(it kinda has to do w/ rambaldi or maybe its just JJ really likes 47, we dont know) -- in fact i think there is a whole thread devoted to 47 sightings (but im not sure which forum its in)
also if ur interested www.SD-6.com has a whole list of 47 sightings per episode

yea, also in season one sloane talked about the signifigance of the number 47 to rambaldi and that was in episode Page 47..the thread for the 47 sightings is in the Alias Fun Forum

my point was, with the episode "double agent" Lennox was held in a room numbered 47, this room had nothing to do with Ramboldi and JJ still used the number.

jdslater said:
my point was, with the episode "double agent" Lennox was held in a room numbered 47, this room had nothing to do with Ramboldi and JJ still used the number.
JJ uses the number a lot... not just when it pertains to Rambaldi. Some passwords are like: 6472. Or Syd has to go to the server room 47. The Alliance server was server 47. Or she has to go up to the 47th floor.

For more 47 sightings: http://69.93.148.130/forums/index.php?showtopic=306

I was searching something a little different to what I discovered at http://www.nothingtosayhere.com/2003/12/ but anyway as it adds to the thread about the number 47 I thought I'd paste it here for you all.

"Alias and Star Trek

I know I'm a geek for knowing the following, but Star Trek has always had an obsession with the number 47. It is well documented and even makes it into parody cartoons. It seems the number 47 has some kind of special significance outside of Star Trek also.

Basically, the number 47 turns up on data pads, in the dialogue, or anywhere a number needs to be used to explain something in Star Trek, including room numbers. Which brings us to last night's episode of Alias (the best show on TV...actually a tie with the Amazing Race). While trying to discover what happened to Sidney during her 2 "missing" years using a form of dream therapy, she discovers she was take to a room. What do you think the number of that room was (in huge painted numbers I might add)??

That's right, it was 47. Spooky. Either, the writers are Star Trek fans/geeks or they just randomly stumbled across this ubiquitous number."

Maybe there is some conspiracy happening in the TV world?

i'm surprised this is so hidden from you all. the fact that 47 has a place in alias so much is quite realistic. it is not 47, rather it's sum. 4+7=11. it's somewhat well-known in the literary community that the pages 47, 65, 93, and any other number equaling 11 are usually essential pages to most any book. the number 11 has significance throughout history. for instance, did you all know WWI ended on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. first man on the moon was on Apollo 11. it goes on and on. and i'm sure your all thinking it has something to do with 9/11 as well. and it does, it does to a great extent. hence the feeling of danger/total desolation page 47 implies. look up the numerology of 11, you will find out more. :jawdrop:

also, if your really intrested, and decide you want to look deeper. keep in mind the freemasons, the knight templar, the history of religion, the history of world changing events, disasters, and of course the us government. fyi- did you know that the capitol, d.c., is designed according to the divine angle of God? the seventy-seven degrees, the symbol of the freemasons. who just happen to be linked to the knights templar, who just happen to be the first 'true' infidels to islam.

lordkermak said:
also, if your really intrested, and decide you want to look deeper. keep in mind the freemasons, the knight templar, the history of religion, the history of world changing events, disasters, and of course the us government. fyi- did you know that the capitol, d.c., is designed according to the divine angle of God? the seventy-seven degrees, the symbol of the freemasons. who just happen to be linked to the knights templar, who just happen to be the first 'true' infidels to islam.
I bet the Illuminati has something to do with it also :-}

I agree with the 11 theoree. But there isnt much of the 92, 83, or 74... Its just with 47, I think that there will be something to do with it in season 4...we'll find out!

Whats up with 47 in ALIAS? The 47th Rambaldi had special information...S.A.B. document 47... Whenever they use a number on ALIAS it 47! What does that mean...and why? Post here if you know anything! please...

well, first off, 47 is a prime number...

i read somewhere that prime numbers had a special significance to either rambaldi or just math in general (for example, i also read that they are used for code-ing)

so maybe the fact that they are used for code-ing is a tie in to alias, and the number 47, just because it sounds cool...i guess

for more use of prime numbers, check out the book :"the curious incident of the dog in the night-time"... its about a autsitic child who loves math and prime numbers and his adventures, thats where i got some of my info about prime numbers...its a really good book too, all the chapters are numbered by prime numbers in acending order

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846

47 is huge on alias - cos of <0>

moving to general and closing cos there are a ton of 47 threads including a pinned one. :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back