The Only One That Walks Beside Me

Hey ya'll!

Description: S/V one parter most likely, I may continue if I get enough responces.

Disclaimer: I don't own diddly.

Summary: Vaughn and Sydney, after Nocturne, sort of AU in that it's my version of what happens next.

Sydney POV

I love him. That's all I know, all I can say, I love him. He makes me feel alive, it's the truth, when he was with Lauren, I felt dead inside. And now, we can be together, so what's holding me back? Vaughn says I'm scared of something, he's right, I am. When I was hilucinating, what I said to him about being scared he would betray me again, he said I wasn't myself. But I was, I was myself in my worst nightmare, it's the one that haunts me, the one that I can't seem to let go of. I love him more than anything I know, but I'm so scared to let myself go. I feel as though if I let myself go with him, I'll lose him again. It scares me. It's a scary place to be, afraid to be with the person you trust the most because you're scared you can't trust them. I'm scared that if I open up, if I let myself be what I want to be with him, I'll get burned, just like I always do. Everyone I love gets hurt, or hurts me. I love him, why can't I let myself trust him?

End Sydney POV

Vaughn POV

I love her. It's what I feel, it's what I know. I need to be with her, to feel her touch, to smell her hair, to hold her close. When we were together before, i would hold her to comfort her, but it wasn't just about comforting her. What she never knew, what I never told her, when I held her, all my pain and all my worries melted away. Now things are different, when I touch her, there's still the same fire that ignites in me, but I just can't see it in her. I know she loves me, it's why she never gave up on me when I was with Lauren, but she just seems so, afraid. It's like she's scared to trust me, scared to let go because she's afraid she'll fall. She seems to think I don't understand how she feels and so she can't tell me. I miss her, I miss the Sydney that wanted nothing more than to go see the giraffe with the crooked neck. Why won't she let herself trust me?

End Vaughn POV

Vaughn lie in his bed, thinking of all of these things, when his phone rang. He had turned it down and was so engrossed in his thoughts he almost missed it but before the last ring ended he hopped up out of bed and grabbed it.

" Hello?" He said and got nothing but the faint sound of breathing in responce.

"Hello? Who is this?" he asked, getting a bit irritated.

"Hi" Sydney replied in a barely audible voice.

" Syd? Is that you?"

" Yeah, I'm sorry to call so late I just..." she trailed off.

" What is it? Are you okay?" he asked, she had obviously been crying and he hoped she would open up and tell him what was wrong.

" I...it's nothing, I'm sorry I called so late." Sydney replied and was about to hang up when she heard his voice on the other end.

" Wait, don't. Hey, where are you? Let me come see you." he asked, putting on some jeans and a t-shirt.

" No, you don't need to do that. I'm fine, really." Sydney said, secretly hoping he would see through her and come anyway.

" Where are you? I'm coming." Vaughn said matter of factly as he was on the way to his car.

" I'm at the dock, you really don't have to come Vaughn."

" I'm on my way. Don't go anywhere." Vaughn said and hung up, hopping in his car and speeding off to find her. She was obviously upset and maybe, just maybe she would open up to him and show him what he could do to make things okay with them again.

Sydney POV

I can not believe I did that. I just called him in the middle of the night, I took advantage of the fact that he would do anything for me. I called him, I felt lonely for him and I just up and called him. I can't believe I did that. I mean, it was one thing when we were together before or when he was my handler, but now, we are together I suppose, but things are different. I don't want them to be, I just want to be with him. Now I'm sitting here, on this bench on the dock, waiting for him to come and rescue me from my fears.

Pretty please R&R, quotes rock my socks!

first
let me go read

OMG THAT WAS SOOOOO GOOD

I can not believe I did that. I just called him in the middle of the night, I took advantage of the fact that he would do anything for me. I called him, I felt lonely for him and I just up and called him. I can't believe I did that. I mean, it was one thing when we were together before or when he was my handler, but now, we are together I suppose, but things are different. I don't want them to be, I just want to be with him. Now I'm sitting here, on this bench on the dock, waiting for him to come and rescue me from my fears.

aww....omg im speechless :(

that was really really good!!!!!

That was so great. You gotta write more to this fic. Please PM me if or when you update. Seriously a great start. Can't wait for more.

How could you ever possiably think of leaving this as a one-parter!! :jawdrop:

Please Please Please update!!! PLEEEEAAAASSSSSE!!!

Lolz and PLEASE pm me if(when) you do. lol

Aly xx :angelnot:

this is so not a one parter... you have to continue... please? pretty pretty please??? it' really great, michael's so sweet. can't wait for you to update. thanks for the pm and keep me on your list

This fic ROCKS!!! you definitely need to continue it, I want to know what's gonna happen....

Pm me when you update, hope it'll be soon ;)

Thanks

Sab

:love: :angel2:

aight well i guess the vote is unanimous, this fic's gonna continue! here's my pm list and if anyone else wants on, please let me know!

sab-alias
sparklingrainbow
smartgirl2004
AISOagent
vaughnshoney
Addicted 2 Alias
deranged_girl
berry_kyoote_spy88
Jen-Jen
msu_ruby
sydneymicheal

haha, u guys rock!

OMG! :thud:

That was so so so so so so so so SO good! You MUST add me to your PM list, and you MUST update soon! *nods*

xO laur

*glares at screen*
Well MAYBE if I was TOLD about this sooner, Id quote!
But... noooo!
Laur, I honestly loved it!
You wrote it so well, but I refuse to let it be a one parter!
It stinks as a one parter, no offense, you just like dropped it in a good spot...
Youre continuing, and thats final!
Understood?
Good!
Thanks for the PM(s) LoL...
Luv you bunches!
Ash

don't let it be a one pater, please please let it be more than a one parter- I need more

thanks for the PM.. sorry no quotes :hide:

please keep me on that PM list thanks

louise

Back