The Only Thing That's True

God...another amazing fic! I don't know how you do it. They are all wonderful. I love the whole unrequited love vibe coming from both sides. It's great! I can't wait for more. Oh...can I get a PM. Thanks. Keep up the awesome work! Later...

- Gwen

Funny!! Too funny! She's drunk! Goodness, I hope I didn't so anything that silly when I was drinking!!!

Thanks for the pm, can't wait for another update!

AN: Finally, an update...now you can all :happydance:. I hope you all like this chapter. I worked very hard to make it follow well. Please read and review. Welcome new readers. Please check the PM list on the bottom to make sure I didn't miss anyone. I make mistakes sometimes. ;) Enjoy *cough*quotesarewelcome*cough*

Chapter Four: Trust Me

A soft sizzle and the smell of bacon made Vaughn stir. He looked around and he remembered he was on the couch. Last night had been long and hard, and plenty of shoppers around. And then when he got home, Sydney had come, wasted as ever. This wasn’t an unusual occurrence. In fact, it happened quite often. Both his parent’s and Sydney’s were used to finding her here on Friday or Saturday nights. But, as usual, he walked downstairs and checked on her. She was tightly wrapped up in his blanket, probably be sleeping for another hour he guessed. He walked back upstairs and started to coffee pot. It was routine now. He’d check on her, make coffee, and then just wait for her to wake up. She’d ask what happened, and he’d tell her. She’d get mad and storm off, and then she’d come back to apologize.

--**An Hour Later**--

Sydney came walking up the stairs with her hand on her hand moaning. Vaughn heard the familiar moan and walked over with a cup of black coffee and an Advil.

“What happened last night?” she asked taking the cup and pill.

“Well, you came to my doorstep drunk, and then I carried you down to my bed,” he paused and decided not to tell her the whole story. “Then you fell asleep.”

Sydney grinned having a feeling that he was hiding something. She grabbed his shirt and said, “What else? What else don’t you want me to know?”

“You don’t want to know,” he said looking away.

“I think I know what I want to know,” she retorted defensively.

“Trust me Sydney, you don’t want to know what you said,” he said backing off and walking off downstairs.

“Well that just makes me want to know more,” she responded following him.

He reached into a drawer and handed her an outfit. She kept an outfit at his house now, for days like these. “Sydney, I’ve known you almost my whole life. And I know that it won’t change your life to know what you said last night. Everyone says things they don’t mean.”

“Maybe I have a reason for saying it and I want to know!” she screamed at him.

“Sydney Anne Bristow, if you trust me the littlest bit, you’ll know I’m doing this for your own good. So just forget about it!” he shouted back leaving the room allowing her some privacy to change. He got to the top of the stairs and sat down. Just like he’d thought earlier, she’d yell, but he never expected that he would yell at her. He was regretting everything he said. Just then, the door at the bottom of the stairs flung open. Sydney emerged wearing jeans and a pink t-shirt from Abercrombie.

She stopped at the top and stated softly, “If I say things I don’t mean when I’m drunk, I don’t see how they’ll hurt me. But if you choose not to tell me, I guess that’s your decision.”

Vaughn opened his mouth to say something but she started walking off and got to the front but stopped. Vaughn got up and stood next to her. He looked her in the eye, and told her, “You said it, so if you really want to know, I guess I should tell you. It’s just I don’t think this will help anything, and it just might hurt you.”

Sydney nodded, “I’m a big girl Vaughn. I can handle the truth. Especially about something I said.”

“You knocked on my door, denied that you were drunk, and then started asking me if I loved you. Then, you thought I didn’t love you and started crying. You finally fell asleep after a little bit.” He paused before continuing, “I just didn’t think that was something that important for you to know.”

Sydney looked down at her feet and started to twirl her hair. She wasn’t sure what she was thinking, “Thanks.” She opened the door and ran to her house. Vaughn watched her fumble her way in crying.

“What is she doing to herself?” he thought silently as he closed the door and went back inside to think.

pm list
(35)
rileylovesalias
stealthy
sydney_alias_vaughn
starrynic
PoketRockets11
gucci_94
SydAPO05
ChrisM
SydneyVaughn47
WindyStar47
mbellsdiva
Mountaineer4746
vaughnsgurl4lf
broe4ever929
aliasgirl89
Sydney A Vaughn
Vaughnlover15
mrs.marshal030791
vaughnshoney
freckles3706
sydneymicheal
Jen-Jen
aliasdancer007
wanttobew/MV
deranged_girl
~VartansGirl~
frangipani
Alwazabrat
berry_kyoote_spy88
smartgirl2004
ams4alias
freaky
Emmy_d
ASIOagent
shotput25ash

(25)
bellasbaby
SkyGirl5
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
syd26
batman
Alias_rocks_87
noggi16
i'm an aliasaholic
LaurenRachael
Sydneyt
littleangel
krzykty57789
santosaidan
vartan-lova
agentmoose
hannahb
alias_luver
littlemissliketofight
ohiochic2010
racer48_2_08
Agent Roberts
msu_ruby
Bekirock
sparklingrainbow
missgwen

first! yay and i beat the PM!

gosh..i feel bad for vaughn....
:cry: i hope sydney stops getting drunk and going to vaughn's doorstep. if only she knew how much he loved her....

great chapter riley thanks for the update!!!

Damm wish Vaughn would talk some sence into her ... this is so not like Syd ... wow her geting drunk and spend the night is rotuine that sad ... awww dont like them fighting ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

OMG that was sooo sad! I hate the girls at my school who do that!! Vaughn needs another girl like me who does drink and stuff like that!! hehehehehehe!!! 😆 Put another girl in the story for Vaughn so that syd can realize what she is missing out on!! I love Vauhgn and I dont like to see him said! (n) ;) ^_^ thanks for the PM!!
SYD

awe! i feel bad for both of them! i don't like syd getting drunk but at least when she is she opens up to vaughn in a way she wouldn't if she were sober. does that make sense? lol anyway...i just started reading and i like it!

can you send me a pm when you update?

Ohhh, finally an update!! I'm glad Vaughn told her because she needed to know. I wonder why Syd started crying. You know, the truth comes out when you're drunk, haha. I think Syd loves Michael too but she's too scared to say it. Anyways, loved the update and hope you can update soon! :D

Feel so bad for Vaughn.. Can't believe Syd acts like that. She's gotta realise soon how much he loves her and stop hurting herself and him like that.

Thanks for the PM

Syd needs to stop drinking.

Then, you thought I didn’t love you and started crying
She didn't catch it he didn't say he didn't love her she just thought he didn't.

anyway great update. thanks for the pm. Update again soon.

man if only she wasnt drunk then maybe they could have actually had a conversation about that
cant wait for more
thanks for the pm

Tanya :beret:

Back