The Orange Box: Portal.

Today, I woke up a 3AM EST in order to play and beat Portal before I had to go to work. I beat it in roughly two and a half hours, and loved every second of it. In fact, I beat it TWO MORE TIMES when I got off from work. I also played through Hl2:Ep2 twice already. The Orange Box really pulled through it seems..

For those who missed it, Portal is a game based on.. well, Portals. Below are some links you can check out to learn more about it. At first glance, you think what a shallow gimmick... But in truth, Portal has turned out to be the best game I've played in three years. It's fun, humorous, and pretty exciting at times. The atmosphere is PERFECT too. It has one of those "kick you in the balls" kinda twists that makes you feel tiny and insecure. :D

It's a little too easy, yea. But the game doesn't just rely on Portals to make the game fun. The narrator that follows you throughout the game is freaking hilarious. Good comedy in games is a rare thing, but the Portal team did it flawlessly. It's not slapstick, it's not over the head, and it's not over done. Just perfect. On top of that, the second half of the game is -intense.- Maybe not puzzle wise, but story/pace wise... Let's put it this way. I would trade a life subscription to every mmorpg I've ever played just to have Portal 2 news out already.

I'd highly suggest you guys try it out if your into puzzle games or FPS games. You won't regret it!

Portal Trailer:

Portal Ending Song: (My new ring tone.)
Just a note about this song.. A lot of it you won't get unless you've played through the game. It's hard to appreciate a lot of the jokes without having lived through them.

I'm really looking forward to both Portal and HL2:Ep2. Glad to hear that portal is as good as it sounded in the reviews and previews.

Aww felgercarb! Do not tell me it is that short! Please don't tell me that! I wanted at least eight hours of levels!

I also haven't gotten mine yet. It's in the mail.

But dang, they should have learned with Narbacular Drop, people love the concept, but if the game is too short, it's a waste! Bah!

Ah well, I've not played any of the Halflife 2 stuff, so my Orange Box is still an incredible value.

~Dune~

Got it, beat and loved Portal, TOO SHORT I SAY, but TF2 is jolly good fun, and Halflife 2 is good and friggen creepy and very atmospheric. I honestly have not played a game this good in a long time. It is very much a worthy successor of the first game.

~Dune~

Yep, if you've never played HL2 or the Episodes, and own a decent computer, you should definitely buy the Orange Box. It's a great deal, and every one of the games is top notch.

Back