Season 4 The Orphanage Worker

Yeah, she totally was looking at Vaughn strangely after she mentioned Nightingale. It was like she was expecting it to mean something to VAughn. For a minute I thought he was going to say something like that was his dad's nickname for his mother or something like that.

I don't know about her being a Derevko. She doesn't look Russian at all. She doesn't look like a Derevko. Sure she acts creepy like a Derevko, but I don't know. I guess we will see.

me too - i mean it was such a strange cliffhanger - like nothing scary was happening but still the converstaion could lead to something huge happening - then again in the mean time it just leave us hanging around wondering what is going on.

just going back to what karina said about vaughn being "tangled up" with nadia - it does seem a little weird that nadia is suddenly wiorking with not only hre sister but also the guy who is the son of her supposed protector - could it be that nadia knows more than she is letting on...............does she know something about vaughn's father...............could she have made vaughn find the book........................i mean she has easy access to vaughn every day. it just seems that we are all very trusting of nadia and even now we know something of her past we still don't know how she got involved in argentine intelligence etc - ot who she worked with...............and if she is sloanes daughter and irinas for that matter then who knows what she might be capable of. :lol:

I absolutely think that the orphanage lady could be Elena.  That was the first idea to pop into my mind once she was talking to Vaughn in the end. Of coarse, most of my ideas are wierd and not even close, but she looks like she could be Irina's or Katya's sister, and she was wierd about Nadia. Also, that series of looks that she gave Vaughn in the end was totally creepy. I would bet that we'll see her face again soon. Whether we want to or not.

I agree with you. She also could have lived in Argentina/South America for a long time and therefore have picked up those traits like Nadia. If she is Elena, she could have gone or been sent to South America to take care of Nadia.

whatever it may be that lady was definitely suspicious.

Wait....I know Elena's Irina's sister...but was anyhting else said about her? I have bad memory. :mellow:

ETA: Oh and about what Jems said....yea. I think there's a high possibility that Nadia is hiding something and it would be the perfect setup because she would sort of be the last person any of them would suspect.

yendys47 said:
Wait....I know Elena's Irina's sister...but was anyhting else said about her? I have bad memory.  :mellow:
[post="1274190"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wasn't she mentioned when Jack gave Marshall the book of Irina's to investigate? Marshall found that one of the dots in the dedication was some sort of device. Jack said something that I think had to do with the third sister, or am I remembering wrong. ;)

He said something to Sloane like, "The Russians are looking for Elena Derevko. We need to move our time-table up." Or something like that.

Which leads me to believe that Vaughn's search for his father, Nadia, Elena, and whatever Jack and Sloane are up to is all connected - the major story arc of this season. The pieces will probably begin fitting together in a more understandable way soon. So far, we've only been given tiny hints, but I think things are really going to pick up now, and we'll probably see these stories start to intersect in major ways. I hope so anyway...because that's what I love to watch!

^^The pieces are going to start falling into place sooner than you think. We're going to be salivating in a few weeks (according to an episode description that I read).

Banana - thanx for that! The first part of the fourth season wasn't incredibly thrilling for me, and lately things have gotten BETTER.

So hearing that things will get more complicating is great... the second half of the season should be awesome!

I can't believe they've already done 12 episodes!! :woot:

Azalea said:
He said something to Sloane like, "The Russians are looking for Elena Derevko.  We need to move our time-table up." Or something like that.

Which leads me to believe that Vaughn's search for his father, Nadia, Elena, and whatever Jack and Sloane are up to is all connected - the major story arc of this season.  The pieces will probably begin fitting together in a more understandable way soon.  So far, we've only been given tiny hints, but I think things are really going to pick up now, and we'll probably see these stories start to intersect in major ways.  I hope so anyway...because that's what I love to watch!
[post="1274553"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ooh i had forgotten about jack saying that --------- now I was just saying ptoday smoewhere how it semed strange that vaughn was just allowed to wander off doing whatever he fancies - i mean i know he is back ops but can he just do whatever he likes without his superiors asking any questions...............?.............so now I read whay azy said I am wondering if jack and sloane are behind the book planting :thinking: and are using vaughn to track down something (bill??elena???) Just a thought. ^_^

OK, since I missed 3-5 critical minutes at the end of Alias and my helpful describer didn't include the part about "Nightingale," could somebody please fill me in on the context . . . as in, was there a sentence surrounding that word or did she just turn to Vaughn and say, "Nightingale"? (If it was in the part after I got back, I must have been so upset that I totally missed it . . . :blink:smiley:

Grrrr! If it had to snow during Alias, why couldn't it have been at the beginning!? :angry:

(And I'm still not happy about coming into discussion AFTER an episode and getting spoiled. I avoid episode forums before they air as it is already for just that reason.)

Oh, sorry V - I thought you got everything after he asked her about the address in Lisbon! After she told him what she remembered of Bill Vaughn, she realized Vaughn had thought his father might be there in Portugal and he was disappointed. He asked her if there was anything else she remembered - any specific details. She acted like she was thinking for a second, then she said, "Nightingale." When Vaughn repeated it, she said, "He was on the phone...and something in his voice...it was important to him." Vaughn looked away like he was thinking, and the look on the woman's face changed slightly as she watched him, a look like "Now I've got you.." When he turned back, she resumed her other look and asked how Nadia was.

OK, since I missed 3-5 critical minutes at the end of Alias and my helpful describer didn't include the part about "Nightingale," could somebody please fill me in on the context . . . as in, was there a sentence surrounding that word or did she just turn to Vaughn and say, "Nightingale"? (If it was in the part after I got back, I must have been so upset that I totally missed it . .

Ok.......here is the deal and hopefully I have it as straight as possible....Vaughn is there in Lisbon asking her about his Dad...she says yes he was there, he brought Nadia and had been shot. She tells Vaughn she had learned when not to ask too many questions. So she keeps Nadia, he sticks around not very long at all and then vanishes. Vaughn asked anything else, any other details you remember or that stick out......she says yes there was a phone conversation and he used the word nightengale and it seemed important to him. So very cool that we have an eppy coming up called Nightengale.....though not next week like we were supposed to! :angry:

I don't think the care-taker is Elena ... but I am sure she has been working with Bill Vaughn, since she was taking care of Nadia ... the entanglement between the two families (Vaughns and Derevko's) is growing ... but is seemed this woman has got something off her sleeve for Vaughn ... and Nadia is hiding something much bigger that we don't know yet ...

The stroyline is building up and it great ... (y) (y)

verdantheart said:

Well, thanks a lot for passing it along to the UNSPOILED.
[post="1273632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oops! Sorry, I had spoilers in my earlier posts about the Orphanage Lady. When I read this thread I misinterpreted what Azalea and Mandy were saying in their posts about the lady was. (n)

Azalea said:
Oh, sorry V - I thought you got everything after he asked her about the address in Lisbon!
[post="1275114"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Actually, I did get that part, I was just totally missed what was going on with the pre-emption and all . . .

. . . got it when I looked back at the recording . . . hate it when the signal goes out, don't you? I'll get over it! Thanks for the recap, though! ;)

I have a question about this exchange between her and Vaughn - did they discuss the fact that he is working with Nadia? I thought he went to ask questions about his Dad, but then she answered with reference to Nadia as if she understood that he would know who that is. Then when she asked him how Nadia was, I thought 'how does she know that he is working with her?' I think I must have missed something... :blink:

Back