Sci-Fi The Orville (Fox)

I enjoy the fun, I'm just saying during the few Pc parts I have to grit my teeth. I think his series will do well, I noticed he is trimming out the fat, so it will work out for every one. Bonus.:cool:

Lol. Sci-fi-dude, your non-pc series has been done to death. Irishy, Sha Nay Nay etc.... They already exist on screen.
Yawn.
Of course it has mam'm, but it made an excellent example how to do a series comedy or non comedy, or even a sci-fi comedy show with non-pc. Where I'm from we are literly burnt out on Pc. I know I'm shouting up to an empty building, or on a soap box in the middle of an empty crowd. And I'm cool with that. The pc crowd is like the borg collective and they try to assimilate folks in to their beliefs. No dice here. But anyways, I know I'm speaking to death ears, so be it. Enjoy the Orville, I enjoy it too, ill be the one with cracked teeth, like my bros, watching it too.;)
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

So, pro-straight white American male with Christian values is the only demographic the powers that be should entertain? Lol
Ok.
Nah, you misunderstand, I'm easy going, I have a sense of humor, most of my buds do, Nothing wrong about being a moderate Christian, and nothing wrong with being white, right? When i saw the same sex aliens with the baby, I thought hmmmm, but then when there was a scene where seth fell in love with the blue Rob Low alien and him kissing him, it made me think, this dude is pushing his agenda, Fine, If he can push his agenda, then so can others. 1st amendment guarentees that. Like I said earlier, the film is funny, I will watch it, but if it get too gross for me I will change the channel. I reckon you are a progressive, that's fine too! but remember for every progressive there are non-progressives out there also. Like I told you a while back, when I thought you were a dude I have 2 buddies that are fully Democratic, and Progressive, they have been my friends for more than 30 years. You want to know how we got along for so long? We actually listen to each other, and took in consideration the others feelings. Yeup dudes also have feelings. We are best buddies, when we were younger we enjoyed hot rodding, biking, bar hopping, gal chasing, hunting and the rest. Imagine that, a southern moderate hanging out with 2 northern dems. Awsome! Too bad the rest of the country cant follow our way of thinking, oh well. Now miss Icky, or whatever yall's name is, I enjoy your company on here, and I respect your views, and I'm going to leave it at that............

Gotchya sci-fi-dude. (y)
Yep, I have very conservative friends & relatives too. The politics is a back-burner topic for us.
Entertainment usually ends up the #1 topic

Let us know when you find a new house, that will be a fun move for you, remember yall cant go wrong with a ranch style house, I guarantee it!:smiley:
tumblr_lw9b5teaQL1qh9nffo1_500.gif

I apologize to all of you for going so off-topic.
Funny how it happens. :bag:
Its cool Icky, the big chat room thread here with a massive crowd of 2 is cool with it. You are good to go, remember threads change like the weather, my threads through out my 16 years of chattin and threading have changed too. :D

So, on the topic of The Orville.....

The big lesson learned from the season finale was to not play Hot Potato with Moclans! :LOL:

Story wise the episode seemed to be a mashup of a few different TNG & VOY episodes, in particular "Blink of an Eye". With Brannon Braga involved some Star Trek influences are to be expected but hopefully S2 breaks away relying so much upon 90's era Trek and is able to generate more original premises.

So, on the topic of The Orville.....

The big lesson learned from the season finale was to not play Hot Potato with Moclans! :LOL:

Story wise the episode seemed to be a mashup of a few different TNG & VOY episodes, in particular "Blink of an Eye". With Brannon Braga involved some Star Trek influences are to be expected but hopefully S2 breaks away relying so much upon 90's era Trek and is able to generate more original premises.
Yeuppers, its is getting better, he might be taking a hint from critics. Remember to critique is a good thing, it cleans "house".....;)

Watched the first 6 eps.
"Lame" is the descriptor that comes to mind.
Its not funny, its stupid.
Plus it already jumped the shark.
About the only redeeming quality I've seen so far is the ship design.
I'm considering scrapping the remaining episodes and deleting it from my watch list.
I don't really care if I watch another episode.
:minion_evil:

We shall see how season 2 does, a big shot like Seth doesn't have to take advice from critics, he is already on the top. But for a semi-good series, sans the fruity stuff, he should do ok.....flat,550x550,075,f_u2.jpg

From the trailer for season 2 that I just watched (did they end up taping the whole season before it even started?), looks like its season premiere is scheduled for December 30. Unfortunately, it's stuck after football, so makes for a pain when scheduling the DVR.

From the trailer for season 2 that I just watched (did they end up taping the whole season before it even started?), looks like its season premiere is scheduled for December 30. Unfortunately, it's stuck after football, so makes for a pain when scheduling the DVR.
Most of the season is usually filmed during the hiatus before a season starts and, these days with "mid-season" breaks, it's likely that the first half of the season has finished filming already and the first several episodes finished being edited.

If they show it after football games that's is going to really suck for those of us who rely upon DVR viewings. :(

For those that haven't seen the S2 trailer yet....

Back