Season 2 The "other" kiss

What do you think?

• I liked it!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Eww! They're old enough to be my parents! (or older)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eww! Irina's evil!

• I don't care one way or the other.

• Total voters
I bet you that if Irina betrayed the CIA, Jack must be feeling awful for kissing her. He was deceived by her, unless she's still helping out the CIA.

:D I love this show!! And all of you are great. Love reading your words.
OneofHis: You are my cup of tea. A hopeless romantic I am also. I enjoyed your commentary.
Just posted "Gotcha" Opus 1 - Part one which is my take on what might have happened. or could happen.
Boy I thot the kiss terrific and have now watched it 3 times. Today I noticed her arm around his neck pulling him down to, well we know, don't we, us hopeless romantics. :blush:

verdantheart said:
AliasHombre said:
I thought Jack hated Irina.  Now hes kissing her, whats up with that?
No, he never stopped loving her. That was his problem. He avoided her with such great desperation because of that very fact. He knew that he has a tremendous vulnerability to her--as has been demonstrated.
;)
it's strange though that he would fall for her twice when she was two completely different people - first, when she was laura, and then, this sunday, when she was herself - irina. and, obviously, laura and irina were polar opposites - yet jack fell for both of them anyway. am i making sense? there must be something extremely...alluring about irina that she can be the "good" girl and the "bad" girl and still manipulate jack.

crazy spinster said:
it's strange though that he would fall for her twice when she was two completely different people - first, when she was laura, and then, this sunday, when she was herself - irina. and, obviously, laura and irina were polar opposites - yet jack fell for both of them anyway. am i making sense? there must be something extremely...alluring about irina that she can be the "good" girl and the "bad" girl and still manipulate jack.
"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds" ~ Shakespeare
;)

I thought the kiss was cool, but now it's complicated. But it's always good when everything is complicated. I never thought of it, because it always seemed like Jack was going to kill Irina, she didn't really care. But now it's complicated, did she really betray Jack, or is this a whole thing to find out information on Sark & Sloane? or is just to get away? Or does she have her own plans, you never really know. But it did seem when the helicopter was flying away that Jack was hurt, like he thought there was something, so that's another big question too.

:eek: She seduced him once before and she could it again or could she, especially now that she's interacted with Sydney.

I noticed that the production itself was filmed in dark, muted tones. Hardly a bright light anywhere.

oh come on u guys!!!!that was the worst kiss ever!!!they are so old and that was so wrong...eww..::shudders at the nasty thought::......u guys are so weird...i even like the kiss between syd and wiil better and i dont like will cuz hes with freplica....that is juss wrong guys...

verdantheart said:
crazy spinster said:
it's strange though that he would fall for her twice when she was two completely different people - first, when she was laura, and then, this sunday, when she was herself - irina.  and, obviously, laura and irina were polar opposites - yet jack fell for both of them anyway.  am i making sense?  there must be something extremely...alluring about irina that she can be the "good" girl and the "bad" girl and still manipulate jack.
;)
true. but this was more than just a little alteration! it's an english professor versus a murderous spy. :Ph34r:

lenafan said:
:D I love this show!! And all of you are great. Love reading your words.
OneofHis: You are my cup of tea. A hopeless romantic I am also. I enjoyed your commentary.
Just posted "Gotcha" Opus 1 - Part one which is my take on what might have happened. or could happen.
Boy I thot the kiss terrific and have now watched it 3 times. Today I noticed her arm around his neck pulling him down to, well we know, don't we, us hopeless romantics. :blush:

Why thank you so much! We hopeless romantics gotta stick together.

I'm going to run over to read "Gotcha' Opus 1 Part One.

And, yeah, we know why she was pulling him down. :blush:

I didn't vote, because none of the choices were what I thought. All I can say is poor Jack!!!! I figured he was setting himself up there, and he'd tried so hard not to get involved with her again. I just wanted to cry for him.......... :(

crazy spinster said:
verdantheart said:
;)
true. but this was more than just a little alteration! it's an english professor versus a murderous spy. :Ph34r:
Shakespeare didn't specify the amount of alteration, did he? My point is that Jack's love is true in that when he fell in love with Irina, he didn't fall in love with a college professor or whatever she was pretending to be, but with her--her essence, or whatever you'd care to call it. It's a transcendent sort of thing because whatever happens--time, circumstance, realization that your basic understanding about the beloved one is false, etc.--love doesn't waver. But for Jack it's potentially tragic because he had the misfortune (assuming that Irina is evil, of course) to fall in love with Irina in this way.
-_-

iL0v3vAuGhN said:
oh come on u guys!!!!that was the worst kiss ever!!!they are so old and that was so wrong...eww..::shudders at the nasty thought::......u guys are so weird...i even like the kiss between syd and wiil better and i dont like will cuz hes with freplica....that is juss wrong guys...
Hm . . . Arvin's kissed Emily a few times and nobody kicked up such a fuss. Gee, could it be that there wasn't any heat behind those kisses and there was here? I can see disliking it because Irina's using him . . . but really, if it's just because of their age, it's kind of discriminatory (and, oh by the way, by current US life spans they're certainly middle-aged and not ancient). Let's be tolerant if not supportive. I'd recommend either trying to open your horizons or closing your eyes.
;)

Okay... Irina is in pretty good shape, and in my opinion isn't that old. The kiss was not disgusting, and had Irina not betrayed him, it would have been really sweet. There was nothing wrong with it, except that it reopened Jack's wound that Irina caused when she "left" the first time.

I'm just hoping that that kiss indicated that Irina HAS changed and won't betray Jack&Sydney now...and that she's only acting the way she is with Sloane because the deal didn't go off...or she needs some more closure in the Rambaldi storyline...or ANYTHING...just so she isn't evil and Jack doesn't get hurt again :confused:

:cool: OK, so they're the age of grandparents! So what? I think some of you do need to widen your horizons. I really hope that we get to see Syd and Vaughn interact romantically rather than a gung ho sex starved couple. Let's hope the writers make their relationship more romantic.

verdantheart said:
crazy spinster said:
verdantheart said:
;)
Shakespeare didn't specify the amount of alteration, did he? My point is that Jack's love is true in that when he fell in love with Irina, he didn't fall in love with a college professor or whatever she was pretending to be, but with her--her essence, or whatever you'd care to call it. It's a transcendent sort of thing because whatever happens--time, circumstance, realization that your basic understanding about the beloved one is false, etc.--love doesn't waver. But for Jack it's potentially tragic because he had the misfortune (assuming that Irina is evil, of course) to fall in love with Irina in this way.
-_-
hmm...i see your point. i suppose i was being a bit cynical. i didn't really see that great love between jack and irina though. jack just seems (emphasis on seems) so emotionless a lot of the time, that it's hard to read him.

I am atracted to older men so i think Jack is a hottie :blush: I think still the kiss was beautiful. Remember kids parents need love too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Teeeeheeeeeee :kissme:

This 'ew' stuff in regards to older couples' passion is insulting, discriminatory towards adults and not to mention, naive.

Must be a of case some posters not being willing or able to put themselves in someone else's place.

I can't believe that someone would think its disgusting for 2 middle aged ( and married even! ) people to have a physical relationship. Now, a young one and and old one together *is* ewwwwww. But not a married middle aged couple!

Geez, what that heck do you think happens when people hit the 40's and 50's? You think they die to passion or something? Uhmm. NO. Think again! Some things like fine wine, get better with time. You know, practice makes perfect. The younger ones are novices. LOL.

Oh and in case any one is wondering....I'm not nearly as old as J/I. LOL.

:D :D :D LOL OneofHis, you are right on. Maybe some of us oldies but goodies can help the young'uns. After all, they will be us one day and will have to deal with the same EWWWs about them. :D :D :D
I posted more fiction today featuring my favorite twosome. also part 4 of point/counterpoint which features Vaughn and Irina..ooooooh boy! (No,no, not about sex) :rolleyes:

Back