The Others

When Danielle gave the baby back to Charlie and Sayid, she said something about hearing the whispers saying that they wanted "the Boy" not the baby.

So I guess they really wanted Walt (and they got him). I think the people on the boat were "the others". But who are they, I'm clueless.

I am almost positive that the people on the boat are the Others. Actually I just got confirmation on Jimmy Kimmel from Harold (you know, Michael). It's quite creepy. I wonder why they wanted Walt. Probably from his powers. But the question is, how are the Others are the island/in the middle of the Pacific?

Ok - so if Danielle is who orginally took Claire - how does Ethan fit into all of this? Ethan appeared to be one of the "others" (because of his abnormal strength) or maybe he was with Danielle and she never told Sayid about hiim.

Either way it appears that Danielle and Ethan were working together.

i think they ARE the island (like, "i am heathcliff") they wanted walt...

"who brought us here, locke?"
"the island."

they wanted walt. so they brought the plane down. he's special. they're... special. to me it makes sense.

ConcreteGirl said:
Ok - so if Danielle is who orginally took Claire - how does Ethan fit into all of this?  Ethan appeared to be one of the "others" (because of his abnormal strength)  or maybe he was with Danielle and she never told Sayid about hiim.

Either way it appears that Danielle and Ethan were working together.
[post="1370951"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm not necessarily sure Danielle and Ethan were working together. Danielle knew "the others" were after Claire's child and she thought by taking turnip-head and giving him to said others, she might be able to make a trade for her child, Alex, even though Alex apparantly is gone. But remember, Danielle is not of the soundest mind. At least that was the impression I got.

But Claire remembered that it was Danielle that had scratched her arm when she was trying to get away. That's what made me think that Danielle and Ethan were some how working together, they were both after her (or was it the baby).

or maybe Ethan had kidnapped Claire, and Danielle wanted to rescue Claire. and Claire was just so freaked out, so she scratched Danielle

ConcreteGirl said:
But Claire remembered that it was Danielle that had scratched her arm when she was trying to get away.  That's what made me think that Danielle and Ethan were some how working together, they were both after her (or was it the baby).
[post="1373223"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
My impression was that Danielle first tried to kidnap Claire, which Claire fought off that attempt, in order to get Clairs's child to take to the Others to, in Danielle's mind, make a trade for Alex. Again, because she knew the Others (Ethan) were after that child to begin with, Danielle thought she could use turnip-head as a bargaining chip.

Danielle seems so wacked out that maybe she didn't realize that Ethan was one of "the others". Either way - we know that they don't want the baby - they want Walt -why??? I don't have a clue.

There was the interview with Josh Holloway talking about the finale. One of the things that he said was that the Others were all twins. Does that mean that there is another Ethan out there?

Back