The Pact

Chapter 22
~janet~

It had been almost two weeks and both Sydney and Vaughn were wearing thin. Between midnight feedings, two am feedings, four am crying and daytime housework they were utterly exhausted. Plus the fact that Vaughn’s paternity leave was up at the end of two weeks which wasn’t helping at all.

Sydney felt guilty that Vaughn was so exhausted, especially when he had to go back to work and Vaughn felt guilty that he wasn’t able to give Sydney as much help as she needed.

The day before Vaughn was to return to work, he and Sydney were laying across their bed after putting Morgan down finally, both of them utterly exhausted. “We need to discuss this.” Vaughn said. Sydney grunted in response, letting him know she was listening. “We can’t keep this up. I mean, when was the last time you slept for more than an hour?”

“Sleep? What’s sleep again?” She mumbled.

“Syd, I’m serious.”

“I know.” She sighed. “But it will get better.”

“Yes but you’re going to get sick if you don’t sleep.” Michael sighed. But before he had a chance to speak again the doorbell rang. Both of them moaned in exhaustion. “I’ll get it.” Michael sighed as he stood up and slowly began walking down the stairs. “Mom?” He mumbled when he opened the front door.

“I’m away for the first vacation I’ve had in forever and you two have a baby without me!” Amelia teased as she pushed her way in the house. “Michael, sweetie, you look awful.”

“Thanks Mom.” He groaned. “Morgan isn’t sleeping all that often.”

“Morgan?” Amelia beamed.

Vaughn nodded dully. “Morgan Amelia Vaughn.”

Amelia’s breath caught in her chest. “Oh Michael...”

It took Vaughn a minute in his hazy exhaustion to realize why his mother was crying. “Oh yeah... that was Syd who named her....”

Amelia leaned over and kissed her son’s cheek. “Is she upstairs?”

“Year but we just got her t-“ Vaughn was interrupted by Morgan’s wailing. “Never mind....”

“I’ll get it.” Amelia assured him as they were walking up the stairs. “It’s so sweet that Sydney used your last name.”

“Um, well, actually Mom...” Vaughn began.

“Amelia!” Sydney gasped as she was shuffling her way to Morgan’s room.

“Oh Sydney, darling, how are you?” Amelia smiled as she embraced her daughter-in-law.

“O-okay....” Sydney said unconvincingly. Amelia just smiled and disappeared into the nursery where she picked up her wailing granddaughter.

“Oh Sydney she’s perfect.” Amelia sighed as she hugged her close.

“Some of the time...” Sydney mumbled under her breath. Vaughn laughed slightly and put his arm around her shoulders; Sydney leaned back against his chest and closed her eyes.

“Oh she’s such and angel...” Amelia sighed as she rocked Morgan, who’s cries were beginning to subside. When Amelia first picked up Morgan she noticed that Morgan looked familiar but she couldn’t put her finger on it. Then finally she realized. Morgan looked just like Michael. Amelia stopped rocking and looked up at Sydney and Michael, confused.

Vaughn, anticipating this, just smiled. “Morgan is my daughter Mom.”

“But I....” Amelia began.

“It’s kinda complicated...” Vaughn said, not wanting to repeat his faux pas with Sydney’s parents with his own mother. “But she really is mine.”

Amelia grinned broadly. “That’s wonderful. Now you two look exhausted. Go. Sleep. I’ll take care of her.”

“Are you sure because...” Sydney began.

“Go.” Amelia instructed.

“Thank you.” Sydney sighed, almost in tears from relief as she made her way back to bed with Vaughn by her side.

PM LIST
gucci_94
julesvartan
sparklingrainbow
Xtremelimits08
helpleessromantic
mightylittleone
vaughnshoney
ubielecki
kalias
Alwazabrat
Angel
ASIOagent
aliasfreak8903
Aliasrulz4ever
mbellsdiva
texasalias2004
vaughnsgurl4lf
msu_ruby
smartgirl2004
catfishally
KAliasGirl
maddy28
berry_kyoote_spy88
Nancy O
oooRevesDouxooo
iluvalias0203
freckles3706
PoketRockets11
SydneyVaughn47
xxaliasluverxx
Monstica
LifesMystery
kittykatsmeow
i'm an aliasaholic
Ms.MichaelVaughn
secret_agent_angel
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
Lovygirl
ams4alias
peanutbutter
Addicted 2 Alias
littleangel
SydneyAnneVaughn
ReedCordial bandit
littlemissliketofight
Alias_rocks_87
sabbiee_co
anyaherrera
blue_bird
alias_luver
ooigooicatarpiller
gonnabfamous07
syd26
hannahb
WindyStar47
tunita
agentmoose
ChrisM
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
lil_aussie_sez
Brinne
deranged_girl
Agent Roberts
Jen-Jen
vaughnroxmysox
Bubbles
broe4ever929
Prediction 47
SydVaughn1001
sydney_alias_vaughn
Mountaineer4746
rileylovesalias
gregstar
Vaughnlover15
Alias Fan Gillian
racer48_2_08
Sydney A Vaughn
seona
noggi16
anji_alias
luckylass
fraizoolovesvaughn
Alias79
gtwallichs
kiwi
MontrealRocks
stealthy
alias/gglover
undercover_spy
Agent Roberts
Wild_Child
Sarahmañana
freaky
kromrell
spydancer
emotionalrescue
Garner_Chick6
Bamse
alizas
loane
fire*N*ice
TotalAliasFreak
SpyChic16
wiseman
undercover_spy
sexivaughn_ismine
frangipani

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! this is so cute i just read the wole thing and i love it!!!!! poor syd and vaughn they definitely need some sleep. can i please get a pm???

Back