Season 3 THe Passenger

i think that 'the passenger' is a vague reference to something. I believe that lazarey would have said 'what about the baby/embryo/lauren' if he knew what the passenger was. my guess is that If the passenger is referring to a person, he didn't know who specifically the person was... otherwise he would have used their name. and if it were in reference to a thing, he wasn't sure of the details..

I'm leaning towards passenger = baby in the womb. In a certain sense, a baby is a passenger inside its mother's womb because the mother is carrying it.
why wouldn't he just say, Baby?
Maybe he was using the Covenant codeword. The Covenant (or even the CIA for that matter) rarely use normal, everyday words. It's always mysterious codes you have to crack. Look at the words of the prophecy; there was debate for weeks as to what Rambaldi meant by the woman seeing his beloved sky or mountain. I think they used the word Passenger as a code.

Alias06 said:
I think that the 'Passenger' could be Lauren. She is the 'passenger' in the Rambaldi prophecy. She is considered to be the 'passenger' because she does not belong in the prophecy, she is just serving a part in it for now. I believe that this "part", is being the seregunt mother of Syd/Milo's kid. Lauren will then tell Vaugn that the baby she is carrying is his. When Syd and Vaughn find out that Lauren in evil and what she has been up to (as the 8-balll has said), Vaughn will find out that the baby that his wife is carrying is not his--it is Sydneys and Milo's baby. Lauren carrying this child will serve as her on-going role for Alias for upcoming seasons (as it has been mentioned--Lauren will al least be in Alias for 3 more seasons).

What do yall think? ;)
OMG that is what i thought too. my friends & i talked about it today at school and it makes perfect sense. :smiley:

another reason i dont think there is a baby... i think syd would have been smart enough to get rid of the tissue sample or swap it or something b/4 she erased her memory.. i'm all ready to be proven wrong, but jj isn't usually that obvious and i think a baby would be really really obvious.. but that's just my opinion.

Why are people so crazy Carrie is about to have her baby. There is no way she could be carring the S/R baby. If anyone was going to have the S/R baby (other than Syd herself which is very unlikly) it wolud be Lauran cause she could pass it off as her and Vaughns baby.

The pasanger thing I tottly dont get. But the its Lauran theory makes a lot of sence. To the person asking about the flash back to Syd first finding aout about Vaughn and Lauran. Lauran would have been the passanger cause of the way everyone was placed.

Obsessed with Jen said:
Okay for all of you mentioning it being Carrie's baby, let's use some logic here.

1. The cube with Rimbaldi's DNA was JUST found.
2. Carrie has been pregnant for how long?

DUH.
Wheew, I agree!!! Let's not get too crazy people! :lol:

Just thinking outloud...could the passenger be Cole? We have only heard his voice and haven't really seen or been told he is back in the picture. Maybe his code name is "the passenger" because the Covenant has just "picked him up" on their team????

OR

Is it Katya? She hasn't been introduced yet and perhaps Lazeray knows she is surfacing and wants to warn/tell Syd about her mother's sister????

I don't want to believe it is as simple as a baby or Lauren with the prophecy! JJ is more cunning than that. If it is something that simple I think I will be disappointed. Although right in front of your face is the best revenge.

Ok let me rewrite what I wrote earlier I think it got misconstrued (sorry if I spelled it wrong).

I think that it is possible that the Carrie/Marshall baby is part of the prophecy but not in the way everyone is saying...it's not the syd/rambaldi baby...thats just not logical. But rather, This woman here depicted(Syd)...bind(inadvertantly introduced Carrie and Marshall)...just a thought I'm sure it is too off base. But it was a thought nonetheless so I decided to post it.

BTW I had a total revalation just a few minutes ago...when Syd goes to the doctor to try to regain her memory she fights Lauren. The doc tells her that Lauren is probably "symbolic" for someone else. Then she fights herself and that person tells her that she doesn't want to know who she is... What if they are both Julia Thorne, as many have speculated. That would make perfect sense wouldn't it...

Back