Season 5 The Passenger

If Sydney's sister is the Passenger, and Sark still has a vial of Sydney's eggs, I wonder if the sister is the actual fulfillment of the Rambaldi prophecy and will carry a baby "to bring forth such works" etc etc etc. Could the sister be the woman in the picture in the Rambaldi document?

According to TV Guide.com, the actress who is playing Syd's sister is Mia Maestro. She was in Frida. She kind of looks like Lena a bit... seems a good fit. Sorry if this has already been posted - I didn't see it.

OOPS - I guess it is already posted - I don't know how to delete this... I guess someone will get rid of it.

well yah that kinda makes sense...she IS the passenger but maybe your right, and the title "the passenger" means she carries the baby...although then why would she be the passenger? AHHH I CANT THINK AHHHH we need more info...

Doesnt that concept seem kinda eeewww to anyone? One sister carrying another sister's child? No I think Nadia has someother importance. I do think the eggs will come back into play, but for more of a practical use. Say blackmale? Sark may need something done.

well, phoebe carried her brothers triplets...i dunno, its a little sketchy, but not too bad. i dont really like that theory, i hope she has some other importance. im thinking shes either REALLY evil and lazarey was warning her...OR shes really good and she and syd will team up.

Well from Lazarey's tone he made it seem like the most important thing. He didnt know what Syd had done when she erased her memory so that implies Syd/Julia never knew about her sis even during the two years. Plus Lazarey was a big time Rambladi player. He was collecting his whole life so lets assume he found out something and was trying to tell Syd.

Sally said:
I know this is off topic, but is Lena Olin related to Ken Olin? (he's one of the directors) I've never known for sure.

Ken Olin is married to the lady who plays Dr. Barnett (can't remember her name).
Patricia Wettig.

ALIAS 47- The whole thing with the names... I think they have to be a big part of the Rambaldi storyline somehow. It can't just be a coincidence.

There is no way that it is just a coincidence that one of the stars and one of the directors both have the name Olin. NO WAY!

brother and sis? cousins? brother in law?

Sydney Bristow 2300844 said:
Maybe the passenger is a code name for syd's sis? maybe syd and her sis were working together during the 2 yrs syd was missing?
well we already know that she IS the passenger...whether its JUST a codename or something else, we're not sure.

I don't know about this, but I was just thinking about it. To me when I first saw Mia Maestro she looked alittle like Kayta, Irina's sister. Think about it, Sloane knows Kayta. Maybe she and Sloane had Nadia. And Sloane and Irina had Sydney. Mia Maestro doesn't look anything like Lena Olin to me at all, but she does look like JG alittle bit. Anybody agree with me on this????

I say it again. Sister = bad. It's all a bad bad idea. If Syd needs friends, give her some friends...not a beautiful gorgeous sister.

Syd may always be central but a sis still detracts.

I want SYD to be the woman of the prophecy...not some pale imitation of Syd. I think that we are mis-understanding the prophecy and that it isn't really evil.

i'm new here but i've been at SD-1 for a while so i'm assuming things work here close to as they work there...

anyways...i read all three pages of the spoilers and i think there are a lot of great idea...im not particularly warm to the idea of a sister... i think (and hope) that sydney is the one in the prophecy, and i really hope that her sister doesn't have anything to do with carring sydney's baby...that is very disturbing...the sister thing itself is straight out of a soap opera...

oh but anyway...the reason i'm posting is because the actress that will be playing the sister is Mía Maestro... i got this info from vartanho.com...which is very reliable. i did a google picture search for her and she looks a lot like Lena Olin. i hope that the sister is just another character...and that she won't take anything away from sydney's character. we've had enough character sacrifices (dixion, marshall, even vaughn) this year and i don't know if i could handle another one.

well thats my little rant...hope everyone enjoys the info! and that i was somewhat helpful! ^_^

I'm with SpyGirl47. I dislike the sister idea. I want Syd to be prophecy girl (hey..just like Buffy!) and I don't think Nadia will carry Syd's baby. I don't there there will be ANY baby...just Sark holding the captured eggs over syd's head.

Also...Nadia WAS IRINA'S PASSENGER. She was "on-board" so to speak when Irina staged her accident.

Lena, Jennifer, and Mia do not resemble one another at all. When your thinking is confined to the world of Alias, it's easy to read into things that aren't there. Only commonality between the three women are the fact that their hair is brown and that they have two eyes, two ears, a nose, and a mouth. ;)

Lena, Jennifer, and Mia do not resemble one another at all. When your thinking is confined to the world of Alias, it's easy to read into things that aren't there. Only commonality between the three women are the fact that their hair is brown and that they have two eyes, two ears, a nose, and a mouth. 

It's all a matter of opinion. I can see a possible resemblance between Nadia and Irina, but neither of them look like Sydney (who doesn't really resemble anyone, although after falling in love with she and Jack, you can't help but insist that she MUST be his child and no one else's). It doesn't matter... Until Nadia comes into play, we really won't know WHO'S child she is, be it Irina/Sloane, Irina/Jack, Sloane/Katia, or Jack/Sloane. :D

I have seen more pics of Mia maestro and believe she doesn't look that much like Lena or Jen, only in that particular pic which is the most flattering I have seen: she has kind of a round face, thin lips (or more like normal lips, but every woman seem to have thin lips compared to Jen, even Lena) and Jen's cheekbones are much higher. She is smaller than Jen and Lena who are both 5'9 (actually she's quite small for a Derevko according to the pics I have seen ) and does not seem to have the same athletic look. She is pretty but a lot more common than Jen ; but I have to say that no one has said that she is going to be Syd's friend!! She may be a very bad sister for what we know!

I think you are on to something! Passenger means someone who is there along for the ride. Describing her as a "passenger" is perfect if the writers want to introduce Nadia to the Alias world as having been conceived around the time of Irina's dissapearance. But I wonder if this could be prophesy related.

Back