The Penari Protector

liliana

Cadet
Summary: She always wanted to be something different a dragon protector or perhaps a peasent girl but never a princess. After her betrothed is killed in battle she tells her father she's leaving and will not return she will not lead a country to war or young men to death. She meets up with The Penari the Dragon Protectors and they let her join them. But she learns that before her real mother was queen she was a Penari so she has the same powers.But what will happen when she starts falling for their leader.Wait and see.
Category:Fantasy/Romance
Rating:PG-13(may go higher I'll tell you if it does)

The Penari Protector
by: Lili

Chapter 1

Ashira's POV

I stare out at the world sometimes wondering sometimes waiting to see what this world will give me. Probably nothing thanks to my heritage. My name itself means wealthy in my case thats an understatement I am her royal highness Princess Ashira Katerina Maria Zavlo heir to the throne. Huh what a joke I live in a beautiful land called Menami but yet known of these people want a royal family yet they have one.

I shake my head I was born a princess but my grandfather my fathers father had been a meer peasent when my grandmother had chosen him to be her consort. Nobody could believe that the future queen had chosen someone from outside their family or rather their choice of king. But of course my grandfather never become king and perhaps thats why he divorced my grandmother when my father was only 6.

Yes so I guess now everyone expects me to marry someone of great lienage and who could bring peace back to our lands. Well they had no problem with that the man I was betrothed to would fight my fathers wars. What good it ever did I do not know for men died for what reason. I get up from my windowsill and open my door and walk downstairs today my mother is coming home she has been with her family for the last two months. I wish I had been able to go but my duties kept me here.

I walk into the dining area and see my father as usual sitting at the head of the table I smile at him and he smiles back. Somebody pulls out a chair for me and I sit down. A servant came over and put a plate down in front of her with egg, bacon, sausage and toast. "Thankyou," I say.

The servant nods "your welcome your highness," she says and walks off. I shake my head and go back to eating my food. I look up when I hear footsteps and I see the brother closest to my age come in his name Emhyr. He smiles at me and sits down. Then my sister Briana comes in she's two years younger than Emhyr. And then finally my youngest brother Davet comes in. My father barely notices the other three.

So is the way the first born and heir is the most important I stare at everyone and then someone comes in unannounced I stare up. "Sorry to interrupt your highness but her royal highness Queen Charlotte is on her way here," he says. My father does not look up.

I smile at the man "thankyou page we will be out to greet her shortly," I say. He nods and bows and leaves I stand up and my father looks up then he motions for me to sit down. But I keep standing looking at my father King Aric he's staring at me with a hard look. "I am going to meet my mother." I walk away the guards stop me "remember father the council chooses when I rule its not when you die."

The guards let me go through and I walk outside a minute later I hear some people come up behind me its my brothers and sister. "We will wait with you," Emhyr says. I smile at him and I see the horses ride in I know my beloved is there as well. I see someone get off their horse and help my mother down. "Mother."

She smiles and hugs her son and then Briana and Davet hug her as well I walk over and she wraps her arms around me tightly "the years have put many burdens on your shoulders my daughter too many if you ask me," she says. I smile up at her the one person that always understood.

I stroke her hair like I use to do when I was younger then I turn and see the man I love he has short brown hair with the most beautiful green eyes. He bows to me I roll my eyes and pull him into a hug. "You know your royalty too," I say. He nods and I smile Prince Dillion my beloved I turn when I hear someone clear their throat its my father. I step away from Dillion and he bows.

My father comes down and comes over to Dillion and shakes his hand "welcome back Dillion I am sure you must be tired and would like to rest," he says. He nods his head a man comes out and takes his horse "go inside and rest we'll speak later."

Dillion nods and bows to my father then bows to me and everyone else and leaves. I smile at him and nod then my father finally notices my mother. And walks over to her "Aric," she says.

He nods his head and we all watch as he stays away and she shakes her head. She goes inside and I move to follow her but my father grabs my elbow. "I will not have you seeing her," he says. I glare at him and pull my elbow out of his grasp and he looks at me flabbergasted. "You will not defy me Ashira."

I turn and glare at him "she is my mother you will not dictate me father on who I can and cannot see you will not be around forever," I say. I storm back inside.

I am sitting in my room doing my hair when there is a knock on my door "come in," I say. I turn around and see my mother standing there and I smile. "Mother." I go over to her and hug her tightly but she does not hug me back and I look at her strangely. "Father talked to you."

She nods her head and I shake mine I go back and sit down at my vanity "Ashira you must not defy your father he is still the king of this land," she says. I look down and play with the brush in my hands and she looks at me as she sits down on the bed. "What is wrong Ashira?"

I turn and look at her "you were suppose to be back a year and a half ago but you weren't I was suppose to be married by now but am I no because you decided to stay on," I say. I shake my head and I go back to brushing my hair. "I should be married to Dillion and making you grandchildren but no here I am neither married nor pregnant and if the council chooses father will have to step down next week as king and I will be queen."

My mother looks at me stunned "are you sure about this?" Charlotte asks.

I nod my head "father has said it himself I don't want to become queen just yet I'm not ready," I say. Charlotte nods her head and I sit beside her on the bed. "But I have no choice and I must do what they say." I stand up and leave the room.

TBC....

okay well heres my second story on non-fanfiction hope you guys enjoy and please review.

Wow. good story line. PM me when you update. tinsy bit of constructive crictism: could you make the consersations easier to follow?
"remember father the council chooses when I rule its not when you die." "remember father, the council chooses when I rule; its not when you die."
it was a lil hard to figure out exactly what someone was saying and who. thanx. i really like your story though. write more!!!

Back