The Phantom of the Opera

I just recently saw The Phantom of the Opera in the Majestic Theater, and, I must say, it blew my mind. The singing was amazing, the visual effects were extremey amazing, and the plot in itself was extraordinary. Stage directing, music, etc, etc, etc. I have a new-found love for theater ^_^

This was not the stereotyped 'fat lady' opera... it was an outrageous show! The last 30 minutes, especially, kept me at the edge of my seat. I even think I teared a little bit.

Does anybody else share my love for The Phantom of the Opera? I recommend the show for anybody who plans on seeing something any time soon. 👍

I saw this in London and loved it! The lady who played Christine was too old, but she had a gorgeous voice and the best part was that we had seats right underneath the chandelier, which was so cool.

I recently saw the movie, which I know can hardly be compared to the theatre play aside from Andrew Lloyd Webber's masterful music, and I absolutely love it. However, I have grown up on the music from the London Cast of the theatre play, so my opinion of Emmy Rossum's voice was slightly biased, having been used to the phenomenal talent of Sarah Brightman. Anyway, I have not seen the play on stage, though I could quote the whole thing to you! My brother and I, having a 45 minute drive to school everyday, often listen (and...erm...sing along -_- haha) to the London cast soundtrack and it's so amazing. I am going to New York City this summer, and the Phantom of the Opera will be playing on Broadway, so I am greatly looking forward to the opportunity to FINALLY see Webber's music come to life on stage! I just have to convince the rest of the group I will be traveling with to go and see it with me, as we are not allowed to attend shows unless the majority of the group desires to go as well!

I'm thrilled you enjoyed it so thoroughly; it gives me a lot to look foward to this summer. My parents have both seen it twice, and my brother once, so I am slightly jealous! However, if I get the chance to see it on Broadway...then they'll have to be the jealous ones. :P

I recently saw the movie, which I know can hardly be compared to the theatre play aside from Andrew Lloyd Webber's masterful music, and I absolutely love it.

There's nothing like the performance of The Phantom of the Opera in live theater - especially Broadway. I truly hope that you're given the chance to see it when you visit New York City, because, rest assured, your mind will be blown, and you will never forget the experience ^_^

I saw this in London and loved it! The lady who played Christine was too old, but she had a gorgeous voice and the best part was that we had seats right underneath the chandelier, which was so cool.

As already stated, I saw Broadway's Phantom of the Opera - and, I must say, you're slightly missing out. Though, any of the play's performances are well worthwhile and amazing, I'm sure :smiley: The cast that I went to see perfectly fit, in my opinion, their characters, and all of their voices were amazing. The Phantom was my favorite, of course :D

Oh, and yes, the chandelier bit was exciting and enthralling - though I'm upset, because someone that had already seen it told me about it, taking the element of surprise from me.

Oh, and I think the overture is just the most amazing piece of music.

aliasjunkie4ever said:
I recently saw the movie, which I know can hardly be compared to the theatre play aside from Andrew Lloyd Webber's masterful music, and I absolutely love it. However, I have grown up on the music from the London Cast of the theatre play, so my opinion of Emmy Rossum's voice was slightly biased, having been used to the phenomenal talent of Sarah Brightman.
[post="1293125"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

oh yes, i am the same as you...i have the original soundtrack and listen to it a TON (haha, i'm listening right now!) but i did think that the movie was phenominal as well...they kept it basically the same and only changed a few lyrics and order...most movie interpretations are waaay different :smiley:

beth! 🍦

hey i LOVE Phantom of the Opera ... my one life goal is to play Christine for at least a ten-year stretch on Broadway, lol. Unfortunately i live in Australia so i can't see it. But the movie ... *melts* aside from Gerard Butler being HOT *drools* it is so breathtakingly GOOD ... there are no words that can describe the beauty that is Phantom of the Opera.

as for all you people going to see it on Broadway, i hope you all succomb to painful, itchy hives. I despise you all. :devil:

btw, Phantom of the Opera is actually not an opera, its a musical, because it has dialogue.

Back