The Poisonwood Bible

like bats stab!!!! and ada i am a perfect palindrome(theres the word for ya!) when i had a sub profile i picked the random palindrome, i love those! that word is even fun, but why isnt palindrome a palindrome?!?!LMAO! :lol:

Vic...are you trying to confuse me with palindromes? LOL...but Adah does seem to confuse me a plenty with the backwards part. B/c I can never tell when she plans on doing it...oh well, it's fun to tell.

And Anatole is definitely the other of my favorite characters beside Leah!

wow...I just read the part about the Congolese ants and Rachel makes me soo mad!!! Everyone is taking food, children, and those injured...and she runs off with her mirror. Serves her right for the people not letting her on!

that has one of my favorite quotes, that part does!! i loved it i think i posted it before........with all the bad luck and broken sky..i think it was...but i loved that line!

Oh dear goodness....I am in love with this story. I whipped through about the last half of it in a day. And I realize the story of Leah and Anatole isn't a huge part, but it's my favorite part. It's amazing how they look at their relationship. As Leah believes he is the only person to have forgiven her for the color of her skin.....and this was my favorite part. I cried when I read it...
pg 515
He says I have different personalities: that my Lingala is sweet and maternal, but in English I'm sarcastic. I told him, "that's nothing-in French I'm a mine sweeper. Which personality annoys you the most?"
He kissed my forehead. "The most, I love my Beene." His absolute truth.

i know!! i think i told ya guys that was my favorite part when they got married!! i absolutly love those parts and when he is telling her stories while they lie in the republic of conubia...oo so cute!

and ugh! rachel i hate how she acted towards anatole...but i loved leah's retorts..."yes i married one!"LOL!

and ugh! rachel i hate how she acted towards anatole...but i loved leah's retorts..."yes i married one!"LOL!

Haha, I agree! Her retorts were great. I love how Leah and Adah treated Rachel... it always cracked me up.

Existentialist said:

Haha, I agree! Her retorts were great. I love how Leah and Adah treated Rachel... it always cracked me up.
ohh yeah... that was like one of my favorite parts....

'' 'oh pascal, your son.'
adah informed me i was an imbecile"

-- that was from rachel's part near the end... ahh... it was funny.

LOL!! I remember that! And the story is just as amazing as said by everyone...I couldn't stop reading towards the end.

Especially the last chapter...I was just wondering what happened to Orleanna exactly. It was about walking into the light....and it made me wonder.

And I definitely agree Leah and Anatole marrying was one of the best parts....beene....so sweet!

ooh.. i love this quote from the book... i forgot exactly who said it maybe orleanna or maybe adah..it's on page385:

" To live is to change, to acquire the words of a story, and that is the only celebration we mortals really know. In perfect stillness, frankly, I've only found sorrow. "

If I had my book nearby I'd look, but that quote is wonderful. It perfectly represents the situation they were in. A lonely and lost location (to them) where sorrow was the only answer. And by the way of the response, I think Orleanna said it.

Back