The Poisonwood Bible

Same here...total full blown romantic. And Leah and Anatole's relationship was almost subtle...not even realizing it until he helped her recover. Loved that!

Finish it sis....I can't wait for you to!

all throughout the book i was just telling myself... gosh.. leah really likes anatole, they should get together in the end... and well, they did!

LOL...I wonder if I would have thought that, but I jumped into this thread by accident once and found out that they do end up together! So...who knows. But my favorite part of the two of them is his nursing her back to health from malaria and the decision to stay with Anatole and not her other family (who was long gone!)

LOL!!!!! This is going to sound so stupid when I say it, but I never even thought about your name's being the same. LOL...you're both Leah....how stupid am I?

I felt so dumb after thinking about it...took me weeks to make the connection! LOL...and I've seen two books with a Bridget...not quite so common!

But it's fun discovering little secrets in PW....like names...;)

Adah was pretty amazing in the way her mind worked and how she ended up at the end. I was quite excited for her. And actually I just reread part of the book already....for my favorite parts!

LOL...I think she'll always carry a bit of the original with her, she wouldn't be Adah if she didn't.

b/c I know she will always remember the fact her mom took her. Not Leah (though Anatole was caring for her at the time) and Rachel (b/c Rachel was probably off with Axelroot!)

i think she knew that leah could fend for herself and stuff plus leah had anatole ;) . not that adah couldn't but like orleanna said in the book she always clung to the youngest child. once they left kilanga adah just stuck by her mom's side and rachel... well, rachel had kinda always been by herself in all this.

Yeah...that's exactly what I was thinking. Just b/c Adah was the youngest she took her....and I remember Adah always looking back and wondering about it. Though the reasoning might have been a bit different, I think it was what made Adah the way she was...to know that her mother chose her. (even as the youngest)

Yep....but that's the way of a war-ridden country. You really are nearing the end....I liked those chapters of Leah, Adah, even crazy Rachel, the best.

Omfi... Rachel!!! ::shakes fist:: THAT GIRLIE IS SO SELFISH! ugh... she has a beautiful new hotel while Leah and her children have practicly NOTHING!

And adah is a medical researcher/doctor! :D

and ruth maaay.... ahhhh that was sooo sad!

and um... Orleanna... :blink:

and HARHARHARHA THE FATHER..... :devil: He deserved it allll!

i loved the characters at the end as well! but i kind of liked adah better when she was younger, still one of my favorites no less....but she had more of an inner darkness and secruity to her when she was younger now she insecurities, more than what she had when she was younger!! and since that "change" she has lost the ability to create random palindromes and her twisted thinking...which was one of the main reasons she is one of my favorite characters but her wittiness remained the same...especially those comments towards rachel! :lol: ugh! at the the beginning i liked rachel i thought she was hilarous........charming! HA! but after two point of views from her i became annoyed, then irritated then mad at!!!!! so...........me never like her! except that she did have my favorite quote in the whold entire book! " leaving me there with all that bad luck and broken sky." love it....dont know why?! but i do! :smiley:

Back