Politics the popular crowd

what do you think of popularity? why do some people have it and others, no matter how hard they try, can't pull it off? :blink:

personally, i have a few really good friends who are part of the popular group at school. i don't see why they want to be a part of it, though.

haha, me in the popular crowd? they'd never accept me...apparentely me and my friend give off "weird vibes" and besides that, i'm just not like them...anyways, the popular people at my MS were the really b****y people no one could stand but everyone hung out with...in my HS, there really isnt a popular group tho...

I think these days, the "popular crowd" is becoming more and more of the "bad crowd." At least at my school, especially since it's an all guys school, there's not really the cheerleaders and football players group. :lol:

But even at my old co-ed school, as well as my current, the "poular" people are usually the ones who get in trouble. Not popular in a sense that people want to be them or with them or liked by them, but they are more known, they make their presence known. And the "popular kids" aren't always the "bad kids," but there's usually a bad apple or a few in the group.

I wouldn't say I'm "popular" in the way I described it, but everyone in my class knows me (after all, it's a class of 65! :lol:smiley:. But to the whole school, I'm the opposite. I'm the unknown kid, and to some, a nerd :P

Popular people can be hooligans, but I think it's too general to make a judgment on popular kids.

i wouldnt say popular, but im well known, and i make a point of my self, and well im not mean to other kids

and well popularity is drying out in our generation

well at least i think so

-courtney

The popular kids in my school are mainly the girls who have money and ruffle their hair every second and i sit behind one in Bio and her hair is all over the place :thud:

i just want to take a scissor and cut it off :lol:

they're not that mean... they just annoy me...

i can safely say i am not part of it.
but im not out of it,either.
i have lots of friends who anyone could define as "popular" and i hang out with them a lot, so i guess that would kinda make me part of it.
but me and my closest group of friends , no more than 5 ppl are not popular
known? some. i think i could say i am, mostly cause ive been in the same school since i was 5. but i also have friends that are not very known but they're a minority.
and,after all, it is a small town and in the end, everybody knows everybody.
i guess i have been in and out.
i can say right now im out, otherwise i wouldnt be at home on a saturday night.

Alias_Girl_624
Posted on Oct 18 2003, 07:52 PM
Alias_Girl_624 Posted on Oct 18 2003, 07:52 PM
  what do you think of popularity? why do some people have it and others, no matter how hard they try, can't pull it off? 

Ive always thought that more important than if you are popular or not is to be yourself and to be comfortable with how you are.
ive never cared much about what people say about me, and i am known for this.

i guess someone people cant pull it off because they try to be someone they're not.

I live in a small town called Bruswick,Ohio aka Brunstucky. People here are nice and some have money. The public school system is really bad, they have lo test scores for the state. For those who do have money, send there kids to private schools which are mostly St. Ambrose, Holy Name, Trinity Prep, and Valley Forge. Therer they have popular crowds at Trinity. I mean it's usally the pretty bit*hes aka cheerleaderds and guys on the football team here or the "druggies." I am not in the popular crowd at all. Im a cheerleader, but cuase the school has no dance team. :angry: So I went to the cheer squad. I have a few close friends, I am known through out the school, cuz I have a lot of siblings. And I played a man in the school play last year. I don't really like them cuz here they drink and smoke. I don't judge other schools cause there all different. :rolleyes:

With my school, it's kinda weird. There's like the popular crowd, and they go out and get drunk and high on weekends and stuff, and that's pretty much why they're popular, because they supply the booze. But in school they're really nice (most of them, anyways. Some of them I hate.) And my whole class is made of popular kids (except me) so I have to put up with them, since I've had the same class for six years and will for the next 3. But in school they're pretty nice (as I said, most of them) and they get along with me and my friends. But to the really unpopular people, they either ignore them completely, treat them like they have a contagious disease or they're really mean to them. It's kinda like there's 3 levels or groups of friends in my school... the populars... the less populars and the others. I'm in the less populars. The populars and the less populars exist in harmony in school, everyone gets along fine and yadda. But the populars and less populars have never seen each other on weekends or after school, just because we go to our own little gatherings and do our own thing. I don't know what the others do. :shrugs:

hmn...i guess in a way i was a part of the popular crowd...but in a way we weren't b/c i graduated from a small school....so everyone knew everyone and everyone went every where together...but i had 7 really good friends...we'd been friends since before preschool....we did everything together...we were practically sisters lol we stayed the weekends with each other...alternating houses and such...but anyway...i guess we were popular...but we weren't b****es or exclusive...

I never hung out with the popular crowd, but I had many friends in the group. My friends consisted of preps, jocks, skaters, gangsters, loners, and the in between people lol.

i'm not in the popular crowd, and i'm fine with it. the popular people are pretty nice to me though, we just don't really hang out together. I guess I'm kind of in the middle bc i have a bunch of different friends! :smiley:

i have friends in it, but i don't realy care that much, i've accepted fact, i would never fit in a group like that, i like being different, my school everyone in that group designer clothes, makeup ect..., me t-shirt baggy clothes, did it good for me. Now in highschool, the school is soo big i dont' realy knowest it as much.

I have alot of good friends, so i dont' care much at all. Sometimes u can be so popular but be so lonly.

i'm all good :smiley:

Haaaaaaaaaaa! Me. Popular. :rotflmao: Man, they hated me in HS. I think it's because they pegged me as a "smart kid"... and I thought, "hey, I like being thought of as a smart kid!" Plus, I didn't want to go out of my way to impress people I thought were sheep anyways. Especially at the HS that I transferred to my soph year. At my old HS, I grew up with most of the popular kids, so, while I didn't hang out with them or anything, we talked every once in a while. But at my new school, they just looked at my clothes, and the fact that I didn't talk much (being painfully shy at that point... now i just have nothing to say ^_^ ), and pegged me as a "smart kid." They hated me... but they left me alone (except for one or two moronic guys... but that's just it. They were moronic) because they at least respected me (whether they would admit it or not). And in the end, I think respect counts more than popularity.

Back