The prequel novels

I loved the Alias prequel novels. My favorite was A Secret Life, because i liked that Syd and Noah were on a mission together the whole book and that they were just starting to fall in love. What did you guys think?

P.S. I thought the new APO book was a bummer. It wasn't as good as the prequels.

BristowBookworm said:
I know. I read the prequel novels really fast, but now i'm trying to force myself just to finish the first APO book.
[post="1404416"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I haven't the money or the time for the past few months to buy and read the Alias Novels. (Both Prequel and APO series) But I can tell you this Greg Cox's work is an accquired taste. I have read some of his Star Trek wrok and I am not to thrilled with it but I will be reading his Alias work nonetheless. Apperentally he will be writing another APO book according to Amazon. Can't remember if it's The Road Not Taken or Vigalance. (Excuse my spelling) Also he wanted it to be Anna in the novel but they asked him to changed it so give him a small break it might have been better if he could of written it the way he wanted it. :smiley:

All things said above have been my opinion and no one elses.

PS I will be purchasing Alias novels in E Book format hopefully around the begining of August.

I'm completely disagree. i thought the APO series was awesome. I like how everyone was in it (Vaughn, Weiss, Nadia, and Marshall.) plus thet are longer and I read quickly so taht's good. I like the Prequel novels but I like APO better :D :D :D :D :D :D (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

~Andrea :angelic:

I too like the APO novels and have the first three and waiting on the fourth one. I find them a better read, but they do have some sections of exposition/boring areas that I could do with out. In some of the books I actually skipped a section and still followed the story quite well with out it, which tells you something,lol. The books are a little more mature in nature and Syd is not the wide eyed dork as she is in the prequels, mooning over cute guys and such.

I have the first 4 Alias prequals(Recruited and the three after) and two Michael Vaughn ones. I might have to check out the APO ones, because I was always disapointed how there was only just Sydney or just Vaughn in a novel.

i loved the prequel novels cept that vaughn centered one, but the new ones are very boring, like i dont even care if i read them but the prequels i cudnt put down. The apo novels are just like the stand alone eps in alias and didnt like those either.

I read them really fast until I ran into the Vaughn one. I can't seem to finish it, in my opinion, it's um boring. And I don't wanna skip it because I'll feel bad. So now I have lots of Alias books that I haven't read yet... which also makes me feel bad since there are people who want to read them.

I like the first series of books.. the prequels. I wish they hadn't stopped them so early. The APO books are good too, so its hard to choose the favourite.
I did notice a mistake in the 3rd APO book.. its called Collateral Damage. At one point there is a reference to a man called Carlos Rambaldi. For a moment I thought there was a new character, but I re-read it, and came to realise that it was simply a mistake. Carlos... Milo. Its all the same for the author. Though I did notice the Driveshaft reference. Anyone who watches Lost will appreciate that.

sd6452 said:
I read them really fast until I ran into the Vaughn one.  I can't seem to finish it, in my opinion, it's um boring.  And I don't wanna skip it because I'll feel bad.  So now I have lots of Alias books that I haven't read yet...  which also makes me feel bad since there are people who want to read them.
[post="1431898"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Don't give up on the MV novel. I just finished reading it. It is a bit slow, while he is going through his CIA training, but it gets better as he goes on his first mission.

I have just finished the first four books, and ready to start on #5.

I've read the first 5 of the prequels, but I like the APO books better. I completely agree with Rtms- they're a better and more mature read in my opinion. I like that they sort of fit into the basic storyline for the show- they could be filmed and probably fit in with the rest of a season. I also like that I know all of the characters- in some of the older ones, Syd's dealing with people at college and rookies.

I wish they'd encorporate more Irina and Jack in the APO's though.

1#ALIAS#1 said:
i loved the prequel novels cept that vaughn centered one, but the new ones are very boring, like i dont even care if i read them but the prequels i cudnt put down. The apo novels are just like the stand alone eps in alias and didnt like those either.
[post="1424710"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I couldn't agree more! I loved the prequel novels. They gave us info about Syd's past, there was romance, and i liked reading about how she learned to become the spy that she is. The APO book wasn't good. I didn't even finish. It was boring because it didn't invovle the rest of the APO gang. And it was centered around an enemy that we didn't even know! Didn't like the stand alone episodes either. They also included unfamilar enemies.

BristowBookworm said:
I couldn't agree more! I loved the prequel novels. They gave us info about Syd's past, there was romance, and i liked reading about how she learned to become the spy that she is. The APO book wasn't good. I didn't even finish. It was boring because it didn't invovle the rest of the APO gang. And it was centered around an enemy that we didn't even know! Didn't like the stand alone episodes either. They also included unfamilar enemies.
[post="1464455"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Right on board with ya ;) Actually for the first novel the author was planning on using anna espinosa instead of maya rao but the abc people asked him not too because they were bringing her back into season 4. As for the the pequel novels my fave was free fall because syd had a friend to talk to and it was intriguing plus they were near my city!

love the prequel novels. whats even more interesting than finding out about syd's life is the michael vaughn novels.

close quarters, the pursuit, infiltration and sister spy are my favourites.

I really like them all but i have friends who don't have time to watch the show and want ot read hte books but will get confused because the prequels just stop and dthen they are at apo.

1#ALIAS#1 said:
Right on board with ya ;) Actually for the first novel the author was planning on using anna espinosa instead of maya rao but the abc people asked him not too because they were bringing her back into season 4. As for the the pequel novels my fave was free fall because syd had a friend to talk to and it was intriguing  plus they were near my city!
[post="1465625"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It would have been better if it was Anna, because we actually KNOW her. My favorite one was A Secrest Life. I liked it because it was her first real mission, and her and Noah worked together the whole book, and i loved the romance part.

I just got the APO book with Nadie in it. -_- I don't know how i'll like it, but it souds like it involves most of the APO gang. Maybe it will be better than the first one. :thinking:

Back