Romance The Princess Bride (1987)

Title: The Princess Bride

Tagline: It's as real as the feelings you feel.

Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance

Director: Rob Reiner

Cast: Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Mandy Patinkin, Chris Sarandon, André Roussimoff, Christopher Guest, Wallace Shawn, Peter Falk, Fred Savage, Billy Crystal, Carol Kane, Mel Smith, Peter Cook, Margery Mason, Willy DeVille, Mark Knopfler, Guy Fletcher, Willoughby Gray, Betsy Brantley, Anne Dyson, Malcolm Storry, Paul Badger, Errol Bennett, Mickey Feat, Jamie Lane, Sallie McLaughlin, Derek Pykett

Release: 1987-09-25

Runtime: 99

Plot: In this enchantingly cracked fairy tale, the beautiful Princess Buttercup and the dashing Westley must overcome staggering odds to find happiness amid six-fingered swordsmen, murderous princes, Sicilians and rodents of unusual size. But even death can't stop these true lovebirds from triumphing.
The Princess Bride (1987)

I was wondering if anyone loves this movie as much as I do. I hear this movie quoted more that any other movie.

Hello, My name is Inigo Montoya, You kill my father prepare to die.

Marwige, Marwige is what bwrings us together today. (kinda lost in writting)

Have fun storming the Castle kids!

I love this movie too. When I was younger I watched it pretty much every day.

Here are some of my favorite lines:

Westley: As you wish.

Vizzini: Inconcievable!

Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

Fezzik: We face each other as God intended. Sportsmanlike. No tricks, no weapons, skill against skill alone.
Man in Black: You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Westley: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

mhsalien said:
Inigo: You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you.
Wesley: You seem a decent fellow, I hate to die.
[post="1295197"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I love the way they say that. This movie is so much fun. I watched it everyday when I was 3 and I still bring out the old tape from time to time. I really need to get the DVD.

ConcreteGirl said:
The Cliffs of Insanity!
[post="1295171"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
If the rumours are true about the filming location, then I've been to the Cliffs of Insanity!

Does anybody have the book the film comes from?

Buttercup is so much more stupid in it, and Westley actually hits her. I didn't like that bit.

This is one of my favorite movies. I absolutely love it. It's hysterical. I won't re-quote, but I will add another line that I enjoy.

Max: "Get back, witch!"
Valerie:"I'm not a witch! I'm your wife!"

I had this movie taped when I was 8 years old on HBO when it premiered and is still a movie I never get tired of watching. In 2nd grade, every time it was on HBO/Showtime I would be watching it. That scene where that rat creature came out really scared me back then, though. My favorite character was Montoya:"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father.Prepare to die!" :D :lol: The funniest scene was when the 'inconceivable' guy got poisoned and LITTERALLY died laughing.

Prince Humperdink: Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work. But I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped.

Count Rugen: Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database