The Princess Diaries

yep. i like it so far. i like reading excerpts. have you read her avon true romance for teen books? there are 2. i like them too.

a.k.a.Kate_Jones said:
um, I met her at a book signing, so it's not like I had a real in-depth chat with her, she just signed my book while I looked on, grinning like an idiot. :D
I've met her and Nicholas Sparks at a book signing! *Very* cool!

I LOVE these books. They are my favorite! We have reading class in English where we just read for a period, and I was reading these, and I was laughing out loud, and everyone was looking at me. But they are the funniest books ever!! I love the "tatooed eyeliner" on her grandmother and how she makes fun of her all time!! LOL!!

The books were much better than the movie and I like the fact that Mia was someone you could relate to. Well, aside from the fact that she's a princess of course, but i still think of myself as a princess! lol

These books are OK. I've read the first three, and I'm going to read the fourth one when my sister gets it. I didn't like the movie, though. It didn't really follow the books that closely.

I hated the movie compared to the books. It was nothing like them at all! The books were SOO much better!!

Kara said:
I hated the movie compared to the books. It was nothing like them at all! The books were SOO much better!!
I agree. Its like the first three books were what the movie was loosely about. The books were so much better though

I love the series as well. The last on that came out, Princess in Waiting, was deffinately not Meg Cabot's best work. I thought that Meg had Mia go on about her boyfriend for far too long. I mean sure in the mind of a teenager who got their first boyfriend that's a big thing, but it seemed like the firs thalf of the book or so was just a bunch of stuff saying how much she missed Michael. *shrugs* Oh well, it's not like I'm going to stop readin the series because of that :P! In fact I just found the 4.5 volume in a store and bought it, only 3 bucks!!!, and it was pretty good. I enjoyed it more than the last one, so I'm looking forward to the 5th ^_^!

Kara said:
*nods* I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! I mean the movie was okay but the book was SO much better!!! When the movie came out though all my friends freaked and wanted to go see it, and they loved it, and I came out of the theatre going "That was SO not what I was expecting! I was expecting so much more!!" and of corse they all looked at me like I was crazy because they don't read many books and didn't even realize The Princess Diaries was a book before it was ever a movie. :P! But yeah, lol.
Anyways, I think it would have been better if they had left out the beach scene and added the dance one. It would have added more magic to the movie. ^_^

I saw the movie first and I really liked it so I read the books. Now that I've read them, I don't like the movie as much, but I still like it. I agree, though, the books were a lot better.

I've read the first 2 books so far, and I like them, I like the movie too, but the books are better for me anyway, but like it's been said, loosely based, and its great girls can relate to her, apart from the princess thing or course.

Back