The Promise

Loved all the fluff at the beginning. We know they sent Little Sydney to wake them up because they knew what had been going on in there. Loved the names discussion.

That was an exciting extraction. I hope Jack isn't injured too badly. Will they have to get Sydney and Nadia also? I hope Sydney insists on bringing Vaughn if they do. Perhaps they can have a family reunion in the hospital.

that was amazing! No other word will suffice, it was amazing. You got the impression that they are so going to kick ass now though and then all will be good. And dont even try to say that Jack is dead because he is Jack Bristow, that man cannot be killed by conventional methods, it would take an alien to take him down when his family is in danger.

Thank you for the pm and for the update

That was great. :D
I am just so glad that Sydney and Vaughn are together.
I can't wait for them to get married.
Thank you for the pm.
:surf:

That was great ... uh oh not good ... please let Jack be ok ... Syd and Vaughn are soo cute together ... soo bad ... love their talk about names ... omg they are enganged hehe ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

CHAPTER 68

Irina was sobbing violently as she saw her husband been resuscitated back to life by one of the agents onboard the chopper. Yes, she was trained as an agent before, made to believe that she was working for her country. Her training did include first aid courses and all through out her missions; she has indeed taken a number of lives along the way. But this was different. Yes, she has almost lost Sydney when their house was blown to ashes, Sydney being shot at the stomach by her enemies. But you could never get used to seeing a loved one get hurt, much more, see them on the verge of dying. Her sobs finally halted and she was in complete shock. She ended up staring blankly at her husband’s body while the agents were trying to revive him. Tears were flowing incessantly over her face. She could do nothing. She was helpless. She couldn’t move. Then, her whole life flashed before her eyes. Everything around her was chaotic, messed up. But amidst everything, there was one constant thing that kept her sane. It was Jack. It is Jack still. She couldn’t lose him. This is not his time to leave. They were yet to taste what a normal life appears to be, soon. He has to fight. She managed to say her thoughts out loud, “Not yet”.

As she heard herself say her thoughts loudly, she snapped back to reality. She blinked her eyes a few times to focus on what was in front of her. She tried to relinquish any doubts that he will not make it to the nearest hospital. “He will make it.” She forcefully made herself believe that there’s hope.

“WE GOT A PULSE!!!” one of the agents said at the top of his voice as he wiped droplets of sweat that formed on his forehead.
“Oh God, thank You!!!” Irina said out loud. She stroke his face as her tears fell over his face. She saw him trying desperately to open his eyelids as he was awoken by his wife’s tears.
“Jack, together, we will be reunited with our daughters. Together. Together.” She said in tears as she saw him slowly closing his eyes.
“Jack…”

Michael and Sydney headed towards the dining room and saw the company. Everyone was there. Well, except for Will. They were both greeted with handshakes and hugs the moment Lydia saw the ring on Sydney’s hand and immediately guessed that they were engaged. Sydney was blushing, also revealing her dimpled smile as Michael’s grin was kept plastered over his face. They were happy. There was a joyous mood in the whole room. That is, until Will came.

The moment he entered the room everyone’s smiles faded to a frown. Not that they were disappointed that Will appeared, but only because everyone in the room knew that if there was one person who obviously wouldn’t be happy for both Michael and Sydney, it was Will. He entered the room with a lopsided grin on his face. He heard them laughing as he approached the room but when he entered, it was apparent that they kept silent because of him. He wanted things to go back to normal, but if the people around him would act strangely, it’s harder than he thought it could possibly be. He breathed in, overcoming his feelings, and said,

“What’s the fuss everyone is so giggly about?” He raised his eyebrows with a smile, trying so hard not to look at her. He slid his hands on his pocket and exhaled.
“So?” he asked as he sat down at one of the chairs far from them.
“Uhmm… we are just glad that…” Elise said, waiting for someone to finish her sentence.
“glad that Michael... Yes, Michael! That he finally…” Lydia continued.
“that I finally got my memory back.” Michael said as he removed his hand from Sydney’s waist before Will would look at him. Will looked at Sydney finally, knowing that there was more. But, he dismissed it. So he looked back at Michael and said,
“I am so happy for you man.” Will said, as he nodded his head.
“Thanks Will.” Michael said.

Sydney couldn’t take the lies. She just couldn’t lie to Will anymore. He deserved to know.
“Will, truth is, Michael and I are… we’re engaged.” Sydney said truthfully. Yes, she knew it would hurt him, but she didn’t want him to feel like they were keeping things from him. She also knew that Will noticed how strange everyone acted with him around. She for one doesn’t want this to happen. If she wants to remain friends with Will, she has to be honest with him from this time on.

After Sydney has confessed the real reason why they were celebrating, Will smiled at her, widely appreciating what she has done. He approached Michael and extended his hand towards him,
“Congratulations man.”
“Thank you.” Michael said in appreciation of Will’s sportsmanship. He then stood in front of Sydney and said,
“Just make sure, you’ll invite me to your wedding.” He winked at her. Sydney jumped towards Will and hugged him tight, whispered the words,
“Definitely!” After the quick hug, Will then clasped his hands and said,
“Well then! Where’s the champagne? This calls for a celebration!” Everyone laughed and was greatly amazed at how he reacted.

Through dinner, Will was back to his goofy self even if he was still occasionally stealing glances at Sydney. He tried to avoid looking at her, but he can’t. Even if he knew that he should stop wanting what he can never have, he still wanted something else. He wanted to be her friend still. And so did Sydney. Every time he looked at her, it was as if he was looking at her for the first time. He was looking at the real Sydney and not Julia.

When it was time for dessert, the doorbell rang which really surprised everyone.
“Are we expecting anyone?” Luke said.
“Not that I know of” Lydia said. A few minutes afterwards, one of the maids approached Will and whispered something at his ear. What he heard caused his jaw to drop.
“You have a guest???” Sydney asked. Will glanced at her and nodded unsurely.
“Where is she?”
“She’s waiting at the living room.” The maid said.
“You shouldn’t let the guest wait at the living room William. Selphie, why don’t you invite, uhmm…who was the guest again?” Luke said. Will was just looking down and playing with the vegetables at his plate.
“Uhmm you know, I’ll just, uhmm… talk to her at the living room.”
“Now that is not gentlemanly of you William. Invite her to dinner.” Lydia said as she stood up and walked towards Will and tapped his tensed shoulder.
“Where are you going?” Will asked her mother.
“I am going to invite her for dessert. What did you say her name was?”
“It’s…” Will looked at Sydney as he bit his lip.
“Who is it?”
“It’s… Jenny…” He said after looking at Sydney knowing what her reaction will be, which is a grin.
“Whose Jenny?” Michael asked Sydney.
“She’s… uhmmm…” She looked at Will who was shaking his head.
“She is my assistant. My former assistant I mean.” Will said and nodded his head constantly in a way suggesting to Sydney that she refrain from telling the whole company who Jenny really was. After Will spoke, his mother was back in the room with his unexpected guest.
“Hi Will!” Jenny waved at Will. Michael looked at Sydney, confused. She coughed a bit and whispered to him,
“big crush on Will.” After Michael heard Sydney he couldn’t help but chuckle too. Will then looked at both Sydney and Michael who were both grinning at him and gesturing for him to entertain his guest.
“Uhmm… Hi.” Will said nervously.
“Would you care to introduce your friend?” Elise said.
“Everyone, this is Jenny. She used to work for me.” Will said and continued abruptly,
“What brought you here?”
“Uhmmm… I was wondering how you were because you didn’t show up at work… which is in fact, uhmm… natural for someone who… uhmm… left work but uhmmm… I just wanted to know how you were and also because the other, uhmmm… employees were asking about you…” She said shyly.
“I don’t know what to say… uhmmm… take a seat please.” He motioned for hear to sit down beside him and continued,
“Uhmm… thank you for your concern.” He then looked at Sydney who was raising an eyebrow at him and Michael too who was controlling his laughter. Will just rolled his eyes.

“Jenny, this is my father, Luke.”
“Nice to meet you Jenny.”
“You too Doctor.”
“My aunt Elise”
“Hello.” Elise smiled at her.
“My niece, little Syddie.”
“Hello Jenny!!!!” She said in an excited tone.
“Hello too sweetie!”
“My mom, you met her already.”
“Yup! Back at the living room.”
“And…” Will pointed his hand towards Sydney. Jenny cut him short and said,
“You must be Julia.” Jenny said smiling.
“Yes, I am. Nice to finally meet you Jenny.” Sydney returned her smile and looked at Will asking him ‘why’. Will mouthed the words ‘I don’t know’. Then, Will pointed his hand towards Michael.
“And this is Julia’s fiancé, Michael.”
“Hello.” He said.
“Fiancé?” Jenny asked.
“Yes.” Will said immediately and continued, “now everyone! I am still not done eating, any deserts?” he said to change the topic, preventing Jenny from saying anything else that would expose him of his obvious feelings for Sydney.

The dinner ended with everyone very much satisfied from the wonderful cooking of Annie and also because of the conversations that have transpired. Surprisingly, everything was sort of back to normal.

Almost.

After dinner, Luke received a phone call so he walked towards his office while talking.
“Tippin.”
“WHAT???”
“When did this happen?”
“How is he? Is he okay?”
“You really think we should keep this from her? It’s her father!”
“Okay. Just… call me if Jack’s condition becomes stable.” He hang up the phone when he heard a familiar voice from behind him say,
“What about my father?” Sydney asked.
“Julia… it’s….”
“What about my father? Did something… happen… to him?”
“Uhmmm… he’s…” He stuttered not wanting to lie to her, yet also knowing what the news might do to her.
“What about my father?” She pleaded as tears fell from her eyes. There at that moment, before even hearing Luke’s answer, her fears resurfaced. She knew something was very wrong.

-to be continued-

:angelic:

thanks a whole lot friend... a gazillion times! thanks for the encouragement and boost! im okay, never better! you know me. ehehe. anyway, freaky! have to eat dinner, havent eaten yet... its already 11 here... but my stomachs growling... :lol: ill see you when i see yah! hoping for our next babble. ;) seeyah!

That was smart of Sydney to let Will know about the engagement. It would have hurt him more to learn about it later.

I hope Jack gets better. At least, they were able to revive him. I'll bet he will be in a coma for a while. Luke should go ahead and tell Sydney about Jack. She is already imagining the worst.

Will seems to be bouncing back very well. Jenny should help him get over Sydney. Now, how is Jack coming along?
Thanks for the PM

Back