The PS2 hangs on.

Luciro

Cadet
God of War II!

A lot of people get excited about new hardware when it comes out, but what I like the most.. The last few GREAT titles that show up on a console's end.
Previously when the PS1 was dying, they went out with Chrono Cross. It was an end to an era but that game is still one of the best RPG titles out there on a console.
Now, the PS2 hangs on with a couple of titles. God of War II being the last hurrah tho'. Put in my preorder and got my demo earlier today. Played it, feel in love again, then went through GoW 1 just for the hell of it in a single sitting.
I love video game art and bad ass stories. Glad to see a lot of MMOs finally following suit by offering up both. But I do say a ton of them could learn how to use their level design and art more effectivly by checking out God of War's design. There's PS3 games that don't look or play as smooth.
There's where focus and experience crush, good intentions.

I haven't played the first one, although I wanted to after I tried the demo. My friend has it, but I don't have a PS2. The only PS2 that was in the house is my sister's and she took it to St. Louis. I guess I could buy it in a few months when I go down there, but :/

I have God of War 2 reserved. I'll go pick it up eventually. God of War really was a good series even as simplistic as it was to play.

It's pretty button mash heavy but it's done in such a cool way. Great animation, boss battles, level design. Yeah, it's right up there with the Legend of Zelda games for me.

Back