Animation The Real Ghostbusters!

Does anyone remember The Real Ghostbusters? It used to be my favorite cartoon, and then it completely slipped off of my radar. A few weeks ago I found out that it's been released for the first time on DVD! Season 1 just came out and I picked it up the other day.

It's awesome! The episodes all have introductions by random cast/crew from the show, which gives a bit of a behind the scenes info about the show. There are also some commentaries, a "making of"documentary, and a lot of other cool stuff.

If you used to love The Real Ghostbusters, definitely pick this up! You can get it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001N6FPQY/ref=s9_sims_gw_s0_p74_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=13EM1RK50ZGB8Q5NB7WG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

51FeH1ODxOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I remember it but more because of the fact that they had to call the "real" Ghostbusters because of the other Ghostbusters cartoon that was on at the time.

I never did understand how they got away with calling it "Ghostbusters" -- somebody with the movies back then must've dropped the ball when it came to filing the trademarks & their intended usages.

I just Ordered it. I can't believe they are finally releasing this show on DVD. I Used to watch this every day when I was younger. I'm going to be having a kid of my own soon so I can't wait to watch this show with them. This is really fantastic!

I remember it but more because of the fact that they had to call the "real" Ghostbusters because of the other Ghostbusters cartoon that was on at the time.

I never did understand how they got away with calling it "Ghostbusters" -- somebody with the movies back then must've dropped the ball when it came to filing the trademarks & their intended usages.

Yeah I really can't believe that either!

I just Ordered it. I can't believe they are finally releasing this show on DVD. I Used to watch this every day when I was younger. I'm going to be having a kid of my own soon so I can't wait to watch this show with them. This is really fantastic!
Spectre251, welcome to Cool Sci-Fi!

Be sure to introduce the kid to Ray Parker's theme song... once that song is in your head, it never goes away. :D

Hahaha Will do, thank you for the welcome. Right now i'm struggling to find enough time to post but i hope i have more time to look around and post soon.

Man what a blast from the past! I loved the movies..both of them. I never really liked that goofy one from filmation though about the ghost busters and the flying car..man! They should make a third Ghostbusters movie with new blood!

Back