The Reposting of: Untitled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it would be impossible for you to give us a piece of junk. I'm the one writing junk, you're the one who's chaps actually make sense.

~Me :angel2:

Not really, I'm nowhere near as good as you are with the Matt Vaughn banter. That was really great what you wrote, it just sounded like what they would actually say. I'm having trouble recreating that.

I have no idea what I even wrote. It was really late last night, like 11:30 when I started it, and I was just trying to get them to like/hate each other so that they... yeah, ranting now.

Ok guys, here’s chapt 8. I asked Alias Elle to put in that part about the Matt and Vaughn finding the necklace in the blood, and I know it might have been a little confusing. But hey, she turned it into a great cliffhanger! I go back and explain it, don’t worry. Hope you like! Ummm, there’s a bit of blood and language here, nothing you can’t handle if you’ve read the first few parts. But I’m supposed to warn you anyway, I would probably classify it as PG-13.

Sydney awoke from her previously unconscious state. Looking around, She found herself to be bound to a chair in a warehouse of some kind. She mentally checked herself for injury, and what she found wasn’t good. She had lost quite a bit of blood, her dizziness alone told her that. She was covered in cuts and bruises, none of them minor, including a very painful one on her face, compliments of Bullseye. Not to mention the bullet hole in her chest.

~*Flashback*~
Sydney rushed out of the hospital, the rage inside of her steadily growing in intensity. How could she have let this happen? Vaughn was hurt, and could have been killed. Matthew, although he refused to admit it, could have been killed as well. She had brought the fight right to them. Sydney went straight to her apartment. Storming through the rooms, she found her way to her bedroom. From under the bed she pulled out what appeared to be a metal suitcase. It required a fingerprint to open, her fingerprint. She unlocked the case and opened it. Inside lay her ‘costume,’ that is the cat suit she wore when she fought with the DareDevil. It was in good condition, she had repaired it before sending it back to New York. After all, she had worn it out of the city, and in LA she couldn’t afford to have it with her. Sydney then went to her hidden weapons arsenal. She didn’t need anything else besides her sais, but experience told her to be careful. Remembering how C4 had saved her family in Kashmir, she grabbed a fair sized charge of it. Enough to clear out a room if need be, and create a diversion. Or blow up Sark and company, if she was lucky enough to get the bastards all together in one room. She tucked the detonator under the rim of her cat suit at her waist.

Once in her suit and armed, she snuck to the roof of her building. Traveling from rooftop to rooftop, she headed back to the scene of the fight earlier that day. She figured it was as good a place as any to start. If it was true that Sark was in on this, he’d be watching the area for any further trouble. When she reached the said roof, Sydney looked around for any sign of where the bastards had gone. She wasn’t entirely surprised when she found a living breathing one.

“You know, that pretty boy of yours shot me. I’ll have to pay you back for that,” Bullseye sneered. Within moments Sydney had her sais out and was ready. “You know that didn’t work real well last time,” He mocked.

“Last time I was just getting warmed up,” Sydney shot back. There was quite a bit of truth to that, at their last meeting she was just getting used to the feel of fighting him. This time she was more ready, and stood a better chance of succeeding. Bullseye seemed to get the idea that she meant what she said, so he wasted no time jumping into the attack. They fought again, but this time Sydney was a little quicker. She managed to block several of the objects he was throwing with her sais. Several minutes into their combat they were both badly beaten, but Sydney still had the upper hand. That was until the sound of a gun being fired rang out. Sydney felt the stab of pain in her chest before she knew what was happening.

“Sorry Sydney, but I can’t let you win,” Sark said, stepping forward. He had been hidden in the shadows, and was watching the fight with interest, until it became apparent that Bullseye might not succeed in his appointed task. As she crumpled to the ground, Bullseye chuckled menacingly. “Shut up,” Sark demanded. “If you had been able to beat her I wouldn’t have had to do that. You disappoint me. Pick her up gently and follow me.” Bullseye did as he was told. He grabbed Sydney, but she wasn’t done fighting yet. He had carried her close to the edge of the roof, and she wrestled her mangled body from his grasp, and delivered him an excruciating blow to the head. In an effort to get away, Sydney flung herself off the roof. Even in her bloody state of being, she still managed to lad on her feet, only faltering slightly.

Sark was shocked, and really pissed. “Go down and get her!” He screamed at Bullseye. Once he had shaken himself free of the dizzying effects of Sydney’s kick, Bullseye moved to do as he was told. He scaled down the side of the building, whereas Sark took the stairs. When Bullseye reached her, he punched her hard in the face.

“Did you really think you could get away?” Bullseye sneered at her. Then he spied her necklace. “A gift from your boyfriend? I don’t think you’ll be needin’ it anymore,” He said as he ripped it off from around her neck, which was also covered in blood from the multiple stones and shards of glass Bullseye had thrown at her. He chucked the necklace on the ground, and it landed in a pool of her blood that had fallen from her semi- graceful landing. At that moment, Sark appeared at the bottom of the building.

“Let’s go,” He ordered. It became apparent that Sydney was going with them.

“Where are you taking me?” She demanded. All this earned her was a wicked smirk from Sark.

“That my dear, is a surprise.” The last thing she remembered was Sark nodding to Bullseye, who hit her in the back of the head with a blunt object, rendering her unconscious.

~*End Flashback*~

Once she was done assessing her injuries, Sydney continued to assess her situation. Her sais were sitting on a table not to far from her, but in her position they were definitely out of reach. Then she noticed something peculiar. The charge of C4 was gone. She could still feel the detonator at her waist, Sark must not have seen it. Sydney quickly scanned the room, and she saw it. the charge was sitting on the ground by the doorway, about eight feet away from her. It was positioned so that no one going in or out of the room would see it, unless they were looking for it. It must have fallen off when they drug her in here...

Suddenly Sydney felt the sensation of being watched.

"I must admit, Miss Bristow, I am quite surprised to see you here." A cocky British accent spoke.

"Sark," Sydney spat in disgust.

"Very good, Sydney. Ah, but Sydney isn't what they call you here, is it?" Sydney stiffened.

"Who would have guessed that before you came to LA, you were the famous Elektra? Of course I'm not surprised, no matter what they call you, you're a very amazing woman." Sark moved so that his face was inches away from her when he said this. Sydney had to resist the urge to spit in his face, after all, she needed to know how much he knew. Instead, she gave him the coldest glare she could manage. Sark decided not to notice.

“You know, I think you and I were destined, Sydney. I mean, think about it. What are the odds that I would come to have such an influence in an empire that you yourself were a part of?”

“I was never a part of the Kingpin’s work,” She spat.

“No, not directly. But you were a tool, none the less. The man you were staying with, he was undercover there, wasn’t he? Then his tragic death.” Sark feigned sadness. “But you, yes, the Kingpin used you. Granted, he wasn’t very smart. He thought that you were dead as well, even without a body. The smartest thing he did was to hurt you, because that inflicted more pain to the DareDevil than anything else could.” Sydney’s blood boiled when he said this. Sark was right, and she hated that. She knew her ‘death’ had hurt Matthew, and she had been told that he had moved on. Only now was she learning that moving on was just a show, his heart had never left her. That hurt her the most, because although he was dear to her heart, he came second to Vaughn.

“You’re wrong,” Sydney said hoarsely. Sark only shook his head, smiling ever so slightly to himself.

“No, I’m not love, and you know it. You must be very uncomfortable. I can help you, you know. I have convinced Sloane to spare your life, if I can sway you to stay with me and do what is smart. I only need one little thing from you, to prove yourself loyal.” Sark paused for effect. He was still in her face, whispering now. Sydney wanted to puke. He again took no notice, and continued. “All I need you to do for me Sydney, is tell me who the Daredevil is. Once you do, I’ll be able to set you free from this life. I could give you everything you ever wanted.” Sydney looked up at him now. He had no idea what she wanted, and he damn sure couldn’t give it to her. Sark then stepped back, finally giving her room to breathe. Momentarily he turned away. “I’ll give you a moment to think about it,” He said cooly. Sydney took this opportunity to silently wriggle around in her bindings, reaching for the detonator. She managed to grab it, and it occurred to her what she had to do.

“Sark?” She asked, so sweetly that she wanted to be sick at herself. He immediately spun around, a grin appearing on his face.

“Yes?” He answered.

“I want to tell you something,” She purred. This got Sark’s attention, fast. He stepped closer to her, again invading her personal space. He really liked to do that.

“What is it?” He questioned smoothly, trying to sound indifferent, but failing miserably.

“I’ll see you in hell,” Sydney said with an evil grin, as she slammed down on the detonator. The blast sent Sark flying. He hit his head against the ground, and was knocked out. There were flames around the entrance to the room, so she didn’t have to worry about Bullseye busting in just yet. The blast had singed her, and burned her bindings enough so that with a bit of force they easily broke. Sydney used the unburned parts of the rope to tie Sark to a support pole of the building that ran from the floor to ceiling. She then quickly grabbed her sais off the table, and busted through a window on the far wall. On the way out she made a mental note to herself to check more closely the amount of explosive she uses. The C4 was a little more than a small charge, the blast had probably been visible from a mile away.

Sydney decided that she needed some medical attention before she could go back an interrogate Sark, or go after Sloane and Bullseye, whom she was certain had fled after the blast. She didn’t want to go back to Matthew and Vaughn looking like this, and with a job still undone. So, she decided to go to one of the few people that Matthew trusted. Sydney went to Father Everett.

The massive doors of the old church slammed shut behind Sydney as she limped down the center isle of the empty church. The building had not changed at all. It was one of the oldest places in all of New York, and it still stood as a pillar of hope and strength for the faithful. Unfortunately, Sydney had lost her faith years ago, the day she left Matthew, to be exact. She thought she had found it again when she found Danny, but it died with him, never to be resurrected. Sydney heard the shuffling of feet from the priest's wing of the church. He had most likely heard her enter. Sydney watched as Father Everett shuffled sown the stairs from the priest's wing down into the church. He was an old man now, not that he was especially young when Sydney had first known him, but now his age seemed to be catching up to him. Or maybe that wasn’t it. Sydney seemed to recall the Father telling her that Matthew was like a son to him. Maybe Matthew’s years of fighting and living in hate had taken it’s toll on his father figure as well? The Father had not yet looked up at her, but he began to speak.

“Good day my child, might I be able to help you this day-” He stopped cold as he looked up at the woman standing before him. Recognition flashed in his eyes. “Miss Elektra? I thought you were dead, oh my goodness, look at you. Come here, let’s get you cleaned up.” He moved to her side rather quickly considering his age, and pulled her to his chambers. He began to mend her wounds, and she explained that she had to stay away after she was stabbed for Matthew’s safety.

“He would have tried to protect me, and the Kingpin’s men wouldn’t have given up until I was dead,” She explained. The Father nodded his head in understanding.

“I know my Matthew’s life is dangerous, it was good of you to protect him, although he missed you terribly. Have you seen him?” When she nodded, he smiled broadly. He also seemed to come to life a little bit more. “He must have been delighted to see you, my dear.”

“Yes, as was I to see him.” She responded.

“I’m glad. Although it looks like you’ve gotten yourself into some trouble,” He said, gesturing towards her many cuts and bruises. Then, for the first time, he laid eyes on her bullet wound. “Oh, dear Lord, child, you’ve been shot!”

“Calm down Father, it’s not that unusual an occurrence.” At this, the Father gave Sydney a thoughtful glance.

“Does Matthew know about such things that you put yourself through?” Sydney looked at her hands, New Yorkers always seemed to ask the toughest questions.

“Yes Father, though usually it is after the fact.” The Father just nodded.

“He does the same thing to me.” He replied. “There you go. I would go to the hospital if I were you, this is only a temporary fix up.” Looking at Sydney though, he knew she had no such plans.

“Thank you Father, but I still have much work to do.” Sydney kissed him on the cheek, and then headed again on her way. It had been a few hours, and she was sure Sark was no longer there. She basically had to start over again, but this time with a renewed determination.

Matt and Vaughn had searched the area over, but they couldn’t find a trace of Sydney anywhere. They were going on nine hours, and Vaughn’s patience was gone.

“Where the hell is she!? A person doesn't just vanish!” They were on the rooftops again, for the eleventh time, going over the area where she was taken. Vaughn sank to the ground, and put his head in his hands. “There was a lot of blood, by now she could be-” Matt wouldn’t let him finish.

“No, my Elektra is stronger than that. She’s going to live. I think it is you and I who are having trouble. Come on, we need a lift of spirits.” Matt climbed down from the building, vaughn close by his heels.

“Where are we going?” Vaughn asked. Matt did not answer him, he only stopped when they reached their destination a few blocks away. Vaughn looked up in awe at the massive church, and he followed Matt inside. They walked up to the front of the church behind the altar, and knocked on the door that led to the priest's wing.

“Who is it?” A voice called from inside.

“Father Everett, it’s me, Matt, and my friend Michael Vaughn. We were hoping for a little enlightenment.” Upon hearing who it was, Father Everett emerged quickly from his chambers.

“Matthew! So good to see you! You must be so happy right now!” Matt was a little confused. He was happy that Elek- Sydney was back, but how would the Father know that? And the Father was holding several extremely bloody rags, and they smelled like rose oil.

“Father, all you all right? What’s with all of the blood? has something happened? I am happy Father, but how do you-” The Father cut him off.

“Why I saw your Elektra not to many hours ago. Although she was hurt quite badly and needs medical attention that she wasn’t planning on getting. These bloody rags are unfortunately hers. Beaten horribly, and shot! Poor dear girl, you really should keep a better watch over her. Although I understand you can only do so much, she is a live spirit still, after all.” Matt was surprised that Sydney had been there. Vaughn was shocked. He was still
talking in the sight of all of that blood...

“All of that blood is hers?” He stammered.

“Yes, I’m afraid so. She seemed a little wobbly when she walked out, but whatever her target was, she’s hell bent on finding it.”

hehehe i love double aurthors, it comes out so much faster and so much better, great job guys, keep it coming.
--Mandy :angelic:

This is actually ch. 10 (can you believe it?!) and I'm gonna try to get a little Syd in here, and... yeah, so here I go.

“All of that blood is hers?” He stammered.

“Yes, I’m afraid so. She seemed a little wobbly when she walked out, but whatever her target was, she’s hell bent on finding it.”

"Understatement of the year," Vaughn thought to himself, looking down at the ground to tear his eyes away from all the blood.

"Father, did she tell you where she was going?" Matt asked earnestly.

"I hope the hospital, but as I already said, I believe she has gone after the people who wounded her. She is a headstrong girl, and she won't stop until she gets her vengence."

"Yeah, we know. Well, do you know where she came from or if she mentioned any names to you?" Vaughn asked, grabbing the old priest by his shoulders.

"No. She just said how happy she had been to see you again, Matt," he said, looking over Vaughn's shoulder at Matt and nodding to him.

"Well, father, I hate to cut this short, but we need to find her. How serious were her wounds?" Vaughn cut in, not wanting to hear any more about Sydney's happiness over Murdock.

"She had a bullet in her chest, probably a small concusion, and some pretty heavy cuts and bruises all over her. Also, her hand was bleeding, so I tried to clean it, but it amazed me how much blood she had already lost. It was like she was running on nothing at all," the priest said thoughtfully. "And you, young man--" he gestured to Vaughn "-- do you want me to redo your bandages as well?"

"What are you talking about? I'm fine." Vaughn tried to protest, but the priest simply held up his hand and handed him some fresh gauze and bandages and nodded to Matt.

"Make sure he gets these on, will ya son?"

"Yes sir. Thank you, father, for everything," Matt said, putting his hand on the priest and giving him a little shake. He proceeded to take the bandages and put them in his pocket. The priest smiled to Matt and ushered the two men out of the church. Then, the hunt began. Again.

Sydney stumbled through the back streets of New York. Even though she had the will to fight, she wasn't sure she had the physical strength. But she just couldn't let Bullseye and Sark live through the night. Bullseye would be easy to find, or rather, once again he would find her. He always did. And wherever Bullseye went, Sark followed.

She hobbled along a few more minutes before falling to her knees and crying out in pain. Every cut, every bruise, every pain in her body that had been inflicted upon her suddenly felt like it was on fire.

"Damn! Why now?" she asked herself, fighting the unconsciousness threatening to overpower her.

"Well, I'd say it was due to the fact you haven't gotten to a hospital. But then again, I could be wrong." She heard that voice, that soothing voice, but when she looked up, it was gone.

"You can't even stand, Sydney, why are you trying to fight this so much?" the voice asked, kind and gentle as it had always been.

"How did you find me?" Sydney asked, looking up at the bodiless voice through squinted eyes and gritted teeth.

"I can always find you. Leaving behind a trail of carnage. Just follow that trail, and it leads me right to you. Two more bodies have been added to those ever growing masses this very night."

"No. That would never-- I would never hurt them."

"Oh but you did, Sydney. By leaving them, you broke their hearts. And they were killed trying to find you. You have nothing left in this world. Why don't you join Arvin and I, and together, we'll help you forget about everything. Including them." With these final words, Sydney struggled to stand and faced her adversary.

"You know what, you -----? You and every other evil bastard out there has tried to make me believe the men I love died because of me. But guess what? That doesn't work any more." Gathering up what little strength she had left, Sydney threw a roundhouse kick, followed by a series of swipes with her sais (which were conveniently ready for use), each time landing the enemy with a blow. The thing that struck her odd, however, was that the person didn't fight back.

"Come on, damn it, fight back!" she screamed, looking down on her bloodied opponent who was doubled over, blood dripping from the mouth.

"No, Sydney. I will not. Kill me if you will, but others just like me will come."

"I don't believe you. I don't even want to think of how many times I did believe you, only for you to betray us again? And then that chicken Sloane sends you out here as a way to get at me psychologically. Well, if Vaughn and Matt are truly dead, then at least I can die knowing I took you with me." She readied her sais again, and this time the opponent took a fighting stance as well.

"You do realize if you fight any more you will lose?"

"I won't lose this time. And that's a promise I intend to keep." This time, the two went all out, kicking, punching, each receiving and delivering blows in their own way. Finally, Sydney was on the ground, barely able to move from the immense pain her body was in.

"I told you Sydney. Now I'll give you one last chance. Join us." She held out her hand to Sydney, which Sydney took one look at and then stared coldly back at the perpetrator.
Sydney then slowly, without arousing the other's suspicions, reached behind her and grabbed the only available sai. The other one had been lodged into an area of the building when the two were fighting. She looked at her mother coldly and said the following;

"Or what? I'm grounded?" Finally giving in to the wonderful darkness that was the void of unconsciousness, Sydney threw herself forward and dug the sai deep into her mother's shoulder, barely hearing the cry of pain escape her mother's lips. By the time she hit the wet concrete again, everything was black.

“AH!” A scream came from close by, or at least it sounded close to Matt. So close, in fact, it was like having someone scream in his ear. His hands immediately covered his ears and he cowered on his knees.

“Murdock, what’s wrong? What is it? Is it Sydney?” Vaughn asked, somewhat worried about the strange behavior of the young attorney.

“No—ah—from the alley four blocks away. It’s not her,” he finally said, the noise dying down.

“Well come on, let’s go,” Vaughn said, starting to jog in that general direction. He heard a deep voice come from behind him.

“Wait, you don’t know what or who it is,” the figure said. Vaughn turned around and for the first time he beheld what he believed to be the one and only, Daredevil.

“There’s only one way to be sure. I know in my heart it’s Sydney, or she’s involved, and she couldn’t have gone too far. Come on, let’s go!”

“Alright.” They raced through alleyways and across rooftops until they managed to find a blackened alley. Then, a light rain started to fall. As the two men made their way down, the dawning realization of two female bodies both unconscious came into view, though not as clearly for Matt.

“Oh my god, Sydney! Sydney, wake up!” Vaughn had gathered her limp, broken body in his arms and was lightly shaking her, hoping she’d wake up.

“Don’t worry, she’s still breathing,” Matt said from the other end of the alley. “I don’t know how this one’s doing, though.” Vaughn looked up and the other woman and recognized Derevko’s features under the mass of brown hair. He also noticed the sai sticking out of her shoulder.

“Sydney must have done that. I wonder how Derevko even got here,” Vaughn mused, brushing a hair out of Sydney’s face.

“Come on, let’s get her back to her apartment. We can take this one too since you seem to know her,” Matt said, picking up the lifeless form of Irina Derevko. “It’s only about three blocks from here, we can make it there in ten minutes if we hurry.”

“Wait, Matt—Daredevil—can you sense if anyone is following us?” Vaughn asked, looking around suspiciously. He didn’t want Sark popping up again when it was least needed.

“I don’t here any heartbeats within a mile of this place except yours. Come on, let’s move!” They started walking quickly, each holding one of the women. After dodging a few yellow taxis and some pretty aggressive homeless people, Matt lead them inside, peeling off his mask as he went and dropping Irina on the couch, making sure not to touch her left shoulder. Vaughn laid Sydney on her bed, closing the door as he went.

“Alright, the first thing both of these women need is medical attention. How do we do that?” Vaughn said, hoping Matt would have an answer.

“I’ll call a doctor over at St. Mark’s hospital. Some of them still do housecalls, one in particular. A certain Dr. Jenkins,” Matt said, picking up the phone and dialing a number. After a few brief minutes, he hung up and sat down on the chair opposite Irina who was still out cold.

“So, how exactly do you know her? I thought you’d never been in New York before,” Matt wondered aloud, not expecting the answer he was about to get.

“That woman is Sydney’s—Elektra’s mother. She faked her death, oh, thirty some years ago and left Sydney to grow up here in New York with relatives because Sydney’s father couldn’t handle the pressures of raising a child on his own. The ironic part of this story is that this woman killed my father.”

“How could you not want anything but death for her?” Matt asked, unable to hide his bias for revenge when family got in the way.

“I did it for Sydney’s sake. Sydney wanted her mother back, and I loved Sydney too much to deny her that privilege just for my own revenge, so I put up with her. It’s not until recently Sydney and I found it Derevko—this woman—betrayed us yet again. She sold out to one of the men Sydney now hunts; Arvin Sloane.” There was a moment of quiet after Vaughn said these words, followed by Matt’s worst nightmare.

“Vaughn!” they heard Sydney call from her room.

I'm too tired to keep going, so spywolf, hopefully you can pick it up there.

~Me :yawn:

Yay!! IT was good. SOrta gory though...but still good! Ugh..my stupid mom is making me go to sleep! I DON'T NEED SLEEP! Actually..I do but I don't care! Hmph. Goodnight.

I didn't feel like writing any more Sark, so I decided to mix it up a little. Glad you guys liked it! Sorry about the gore, but after all, she is like an inch from death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back