The return of Irina [SPOILERS s4]

dicksun

Cadet
I'm sure this has been done before, but it's never been done by me... I say we give it another shot. Please check out the link at the bottom of this thread. It will take you to my Alias forum at abc.com. Since that is the network that airs our favorite girl, we might as well start at the top.

So come on, Help a brother out.
Or in this case, a mama.

Thanks,
dicksun

Go

Checking the link you provided, word has it there's not enough money to bring Lena back from the dead.

Sure, she's nice to look at :redhair:, but that's not enough to justify her return.

There are many unanswered questions...a hallmark of the show...like why she put out a hit on Syd (if indeed she really did!). Things like that can be dealt with in the story without her actual presence.

She dead hopefuly that she will have the power to stay in the ground....
But it would have been cool to see her and nadia team up???

well i'm hoping she can and will come back. don't know if JJ has left room for that or not. it's possible he has given up on Lena.
but i'd accept any storyline that brings back spy mommy

callsignfreelancer said:
well i'm hoping she can and will come back. don't know if JJ has left room for that or not. it's possible he has given up on Lena.
but i'd accept any storyline that brings back spy mommy
[post="1178238"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I was watching "League of Extraordinary Gentelmen" last night and I was rather stunned to see such as resemblence between Peta Wilson and Lena Olin.

Peta Wilson could probably slip into the role of Irina with very few casual observers noticing!

lfsnz67 said:
I was watching "League of Extraordinary Gentelmen" last night and I was rather stunned to see such as resemblence between Peta Wilson and Lena Olin.

Peta Wilson could probably slip into the role of Irina with very few casual observers noticing!
[post="1180329"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Trust me, people would know. And I dont think many would accept a replacement. I know that would annoy me and I'm not as big a fan of her as some people on this site.

Checking the link you provided, word has it there's not enough money to bring Lena back from the dead.

A correction here. Lena's reason for not coming back has nothing to do with money. She's been in the movie business for more than 2 decades and she's married to an acclaimed Swedish filmmaker, so they both make more than enough.

One reason is that she was not willing to travel back and forth between LA and NY, where her family lives. Another reason is that she doesn't enjoy doing TV as much as films.

You can find articles to support what I said on lenaolin.net.

So yep, it wasn't about the money.

Still, it would have been nice for Lena to have come back maybe just once for a huge two-parter that would finally reveal her Rambaldi endgame, have her clash with Jack/Sloane, reunite with Syd & meet Nadia for the first time since the KGB took her, and maybe give her a big heroic death to protect her daughters, something like that. Sure, Irina may be kicking up the daisies now (it would seem) but we can hope!... :angelic:

aliasfanjay said:
Trust me, people would know. And I dont think many would accept a replacement. I know that would annoy me and I'm not as big a fan of her as some people on this site.
[post="1180513"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I actually think they should recast her. There are other capable actresses out there.

*IriS* said:
A correction here. Lena's reason for not coming back has nothing to do with money. She's been in the movie business for more than 2 decades and she's married to an acclaimed Swedish filmmaker, so they both make more than enough.

One reason is that she was not willing to travel back and forth between LA and NY, where her family lives. Another reason is that she doesn't enjoy doing TV as much as films.

You can find articles to support what I said on lenaolin.net.

So yep, it wasn't about the money.
[post="1182979"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Travelling back and forth between LA and NY... umm, for about a week? She can't do it for a week or two? She definately was able to film Darkness or Hollywood Homicide...

and it's Alias. She has to have loved being on the cast.

Back