The Rock Prepares To Suit Up — And Size Down — For ‘Tooth Fairy’ Role

Robby

Helper Bot
The Rock Prepares To Suit Up — And Size Down — For ‘Tooth Fairy’ Role

140x105.jpg
Reporting by Ryan Fisher

From wrestler to action hero to family-friendly comedian, there has never been a career-image turnaround quite like that of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Soon, the “Get Smart” star will begin his next career re-invention, and it will have him trading in all those kicked asses for adorable little wings, a magic wand, and a tinkly noise when he flies when he flies around a room.

“Everything you can possibly imagine,” the Rock said of what we can expect from “Tooth Fairy,” a comedy that casts the 7-time WWE World Champion as an ordinary man who gets recruited, “Santa Clause”-style, to save the kingdom of dental-dependent flying fairies everywhere. “And then some!”

Directed by Michael Lembeck, the man behind the second and third “Santa Clause” movies, the film was written by several screenwriters including Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel of “Happy Days,” “Laverne & Shirley” and “City Slickers” fame.

“If you could imagine what would be the most funniest thing you can think of, then that is was this is,” Johnson assured us of the off-the-wall concept he’s been cooking. “We have [me being depicted] from tiny, to large, to a really messed-up wing that makes me fly into the walls.”

“I mean,” he laughed. “We’ve got it all.”

Talk about not judging a book by its cover. The still-ripped wrestler as a dainty figment of a child’s imagination certainly seems like it’ll force The Rock to act against type. The rest of the cast should be announced in the weeks to come, and the movie is due to hit theaters in 2009. As for the type of tooth fairy Johnson will be? Well, let’s just say he’s not gonna stiff you with a quarter like your cheap parents used to do.

“What do I leave under the pillow?” he laughed. “Oh, hundos! All hundos, because that’s the way I roll. One tooth? One hundo!”

Are you looking forward to seeing The Rock as a tooth fairy? Or would you prefer to see him in a more traditional, ***-kicking, gun-toting action role? Discuss!

(via MTV Movie Blog)

Who in their right mind would greenlight this?! Was the pitch "OK, see, it's just like Santa Clause but that's already been done so, get this, we'll do the Tooth Fairy instead! With The Rock! What could possibly go wrong?"

Back