Fantasy The Sandman

Robby

Helper Bot
Title: The Sandman

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2022-08-05

Creator: David S. Goyer, Neil Gaiman, Allan Heinberg

Cast: Tom Sturridge, Boyd Holbrook, Vivienne Acheampong, Patton Oswalt

Overview: After years of imprisonment, Morpheus — the King of Dreams — embarks on a journey across worlds to find what was stolen from him and restore his power.
The Sandman

I'm up to episode 7 so far on Netflix; interesting so far. When the original comic started back in '89 it wasn't a title that I got into and am not familiar with it. Aware of it, thanks to the following it and Neil Gaiman has, but not familiar it.

I read some of the original graphic novels. depressing.
Yeah, it's definitely not a 'light' story line, especially with the Cereal Convention attendees. With so much build up to the series I wasn't sure what to expect watching it. It is a well filmed series and visually captivating but I can't say it's a 'must see' show.

The viewing numbers must be good though because Netflix did something I haven't seem them do before. After releasing all 10 of the episodes they waited a couple of weeks and then released an additional 11th episode comprised of two different stand-alone stories. Both of the stories are set in the Sandman verse with only the title character returning from the initial 10 episode series.