The Scarlet Letter

Paula

Admin
I love to read. I've been through long, boring books before. It's not that the Scarlet Letter is long, its so boring. I hate to sound this way , but HOW does anyone force themselves to read it? I haven't had the motivation to get past the intro....any help?

Paula...shouldn't this be in the book thread?

Though I'm afraid I can't be of much help, I instantly loved the story. Hawthorne is an amazing writer and I love the symbolism he used throughout this one especially. LOL...it might just be one of the stories you can like or dislike.

btvaughn said:
Paula...shouldn't this be in the book thread?

Though I'm afraid I can't be of much help, I instantly loved the story. Hawthorne is an amazing writer and I love the symbolism he used throughout this one especially. LOL...it might just be one of the stories you can like or dislike.
i agree with bridget on this one paula! but i think in my class i had to read it for i was the only person to LOVE this book! its one of my favorites, the symbolism, the detail, and the story are just amazing! i just love it so i think like bridget said..either you love it or hate it!

i mean i love in the beginning when he is describing the jail he has the flower growing in the darkest places and i take that flower as being hester and/or her daughter! from all that sin and destruction and law breaking comes something gorgeous and powerful all at the same time! rising above it all!

Keep reading it!!! It is worth it in the end. I just finished it, and I agree I was bored with it at first. But you get used to all the suspense.

Back