The Scrapbook

Title: The Scrapbook
Author: Britt
Feedback / E-Mail:twinzz2003@yahoo.com
Publication Date: Feb.26, 2003
Disclaimer:All the characters you see in this fic belong to J.J. Abrams and ABC!
Classification / Genre: Action/Humor from Marshall/Romance
Summary: Syd is packing, and starts remembering the old days. She has a son.
Rating:PG
In the third chap. future is in red, and flashbacks are in black.
~Chapter 1~
Sydney opened up the top drawer of her chest. She started to empty out the inside content. Man, how many happy years she had lived here she would miss it.

"Mom, I got the rest of the stuff out of the attic," her handsome son said coming in the room. "Anything else you need."

"No, I'm fine,"she said looking her son over. He was tall, lean, but muscular, with messy brown hair, and greenish gray eyes. Just like his father's. He turned around ready to leave, but Syd stopped him."William, drive safely."

"I will mom,"he replied smiling. Oh that smile just like his. Her son must have made many ladies swoon with that smile.

She watched her son drive off, and went back to packing. She was just about through when she felt a square rectangular object under a heap of clothes. Taking it out, she realized it was a book, an old book at that. She turned it around in her hands wondering what could be inside such a worn out book.

Carefully opening, so as not to break the leather binding it, she read the name plate.

M.C. Vaughn!

~Chapter 2~
Of course, she had seen this. How could she have forgot. Michael's scrapbook. Wow she hadn't seen this for years.

Laying down on the bed she opened to the first page, and let the memories flow back.

_______
Please comment, and don't be to harsh. This is my first romance fic. I actually have three other chapters written, but I want to keep you in suspense. ****evil laugh**** as Sunfire 77 says.

Truth Takes Time Alias Elle!

I changed the Flashback thing. Future in this one is red.
~Chapter 3~
The first picture was of Syd graduating from college in her little black robe, and squared hat with a frill. Her tongue was stuck out making a crazy face for the camera. Michael's camera. He had taken the picture from the back row, but she was so clear that it made it seem like he had been standing right on stage to take it. Michael was very gifted in photography.

She turned the page finding a picture of Michael and herself getting an award from the president for killing Sloane, and demolishing his plan.

~Flashback~
Sydney looked around the debriefing room, seeing all the normal faces Kendall at the head, Marshall to his left, Jack on the right,
Dixon, herself, and Michael.

"We've been listening in on Echelon conversations. Thanks to the skill of Marshall, and other technology strategist we have come to confirm that Arvin Sloane is stationed in Cambodia. Conversations say that Sloane and Sark are meeting at an old country lodge. The lodge has been rented by Sloane for three days."Kendall explained.

"Sloane wouldn't just stay at a lodge without proper precautions, security cameras, guards. How do we know it's safe?" Syd questioned.

"Well if I may sir...Okay. By the way that nameplate you got me...oh...was" Marshall stammered. Putting his fingers in an OK sign.

"Get on with the point," Kendall said far from amused.

_______
Syd laughed at the recollection of Marshall's stammers, and crazy ways of commenting people.
_______

"Well...um...the Echelon feedback destinctly warned Sark about hazards through out the lodge...um for starters a basic password at the door. To get in the door all you have to do is type in the person's intials you will be portraying such as A.S. for Sloane, and actually we have no clue what Sark's name is...Marshall chuckled.

"It's hard to believe all Sloane would have is a password." Michael added.

"Well, that's were these babies come in..." Marshall produced a pair of glasses. I hacked into the SD-6 database, and found the eye recognition...from in the elevator... I always loved that little red light that came over you." he chuckled again.

Kendall gave him a stern look.

"UH... so these are programmed to make the computer think your eyes match Sloane's. Which is hard to believe, because Sloane's eyes are so much... well... eviler... and yours are so much... prettier.

Marshall sat down, and Jack stood up. "We have reason to believe that Sloane has in his pocession a very important Rambaldi page. Your mission is to get that page, and to kill Sloane in the process. Michael, and Sydney you will leave tomorrow afternoon.

Please review. I'm working on this story non stop, to tell the truth I have almost 10 chapters done(not typed), but most of them are short.

:D More soon, this is great! I wanna find out about this whole Michael killing Sloane thing though...wouldn't he save that pleasure for Syd?

I agree I don't know anyone who knows who Marshall is and doesn't love him. I am so mad I was so close to becoming an agent an now all of it is gone :angry: ! But I am glad that th site is back up even if all of my stuff is lost.

Kelli
:stupid:

This is really interesting, but when you wrote that thing in red it was only one line, and thats all that was in the future? Syd laughing at Marshall's stammering? Of ocurse you could have meant that and I'm just confused but I dunno.

It will all get a little clearer as the story goes along. I'm not a technology wiz so forgive me if it sounds totally bogus. The first chapter is all in the future, as is the second, but the third only the red is future. :rolleyes:

Alias Elle said:
Yeah, the future and past thing is also a little confusing...

~Me :angel2:
I changed that sentence in the first post. I don't know what got into me when I first put what was there. Hopefully it's a little clearer now.

Thanx for all the comments. :redhair:

Hurray Chapter 4!

Chapter 4
In Cambodia, Syd stepped out of the plane dressed in a robe like flowered dress, black wig, and taped back eyes giving her the Cambodian look. Michael was right behind her in another robe like outfit, black hair, and beard.
They were portraying a married couple. How lovely that was. At the airport, they found a man willing to take them to the lodge by camel.
"So your married,"the black bushy haired man asked in his native tongue, Khmer.
Luckily both Michael and herself had brushed up on their Cambodian language. "Yes, just married," Syd replied.
"You on your honeymoon," he questioned. "Yes, we hear the lodge is the best one for miles."
They jumped on the camel the man gave them. Michael in front and Syd hanging onto his waist.
Syd remembered thinking how romantic it would have been if the camel didn't smell so bad, and the heat caused them all to sweat. They put on a good act though, just like a young married couple. She caressed his cheek and he carressed hers. Very cute.
The rest of the trip went smoothly with little comments or questions, from the bushy haired man.
They stopped an hour later near a tall white building with few windows, and not many decorations. No wonder this was a perfect spot for Sloane to be.
Vaughn swung his leg over and hopped down off of the camel. Syd was startled about how skillfully he did it. She took the hand he extended to help her down, matching his skill at dismounting.
Paying the man seemed to take a while, but they finally agreed on a price. They waited for the man to turn around, and leave before saying anything.
"Here let's go into the woods, and stretch. I don't know about you, but I am totally sore,"Michael joked.
Syd nodded her head in agreement. "I'm not used to riding on camels."
They went into the woods, and stretched their aches out. They soon sat down on a log, and massaged each others necks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How wonderful that would feel right now,"Syd thought lying on the bed. "To feel Michael's cold hands..."Ohh... It just gave her the shivers.
Then they kissed. It wasn't the most romantic spot, with bugs, snakes, and other wildlife animals roaming around, but Syd would do anything to kiss him again. How weird it was to think she would never kiss him again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you love it! I spent a lot of time writing it! Please review. I don't think the next chapter will be up for a while.

Back