The Secret World

The Secret World is a upcoming mmorpg, that.. is.. well.. a secret. Very little info on it has been let out of the bag, but from what I'm hearing, I like it already.

Titled The Secret World, the game supposedly encompasses "history and mythology, modern conspiracy theories and ancient mysteries."

It's a great idea, but since they've said nothing on gameplay at all, and the fact there's about 14 pieces of concept art out, I can't brag on it just yet... But kudos for the idea.

I really liked how they introduced it. There was a lot of investigating and secret emails, I didn't get in right at the beginning but I did come close.

Is this the one with the flash page where if you got through the riddles you got to the forum? A friend and me spent a couple of hours one time solving it, good fun.

Shame that after that initial interest there was nothing new to find about the whole thing so I just kinda wandered off and forgot about it again.

The cat's out of the bag, now!

They finally did some press on The Secret World, and I have to admit it's sounding extremely promising.

http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=2714

Be Who You Want To Be:
There are no classes or levels. Experience the freedom of complete character customization at every stage: flexible character creation, unrestricted and almost limitless combinations of clothing and accessories, and skills directly shaped by your actions during play. Experience a reactive, fast-paced combat system that allows you to defeat enemies using anything from martial arts to black magic, from legendary armaments to modern firearms.

Sounds rather... chaotic to me. Past, future, present, mysteries, urban life, monster smashing, conspiracies. No classes, magic, guns, martial arts, swords. Like they couldn't pick a genre so they just took... everything and put it in.

Sounds rather... chaotic to me. Past, future, present, mysteries, urban life, monster smashing, conspiracies. No classes, magic, guns, martial arts, swords. Like they couldn't pick a genre so they just took... everything and put it in.

A bit like real life, huh?

Back