Season 4 The Shock of Hallucinations

Was anyone else actually surprised by Dr. Lidell being a hallucination of Jack's mind? I was in shock, when Syd and Vaugn walked in and it cut to Jack injecting himself. Wow, this show has powerful stuff. I was actually shaking. This show has the power to shock and amaze me. I love it. ^_^

kum-daddy said:
Was anyone else actually surprised by Dr. Lidell being a hallucination of Jack's mind? I was in shock, when Syd and Vaugn walked in and it cut to Jack injecting himself. Wow, this show has powerful stuff. I was actually shaking. This show has the power to shock and amaze me. I love it.  ^_^
[post="1327606"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes, that was quite a surprise. Everyone thought that he had to be an enemy spy last week.

I was surprised that the doctor was a hallucination. But some of the things that the doctor told Jack - was that stuff the doctor would have really told him if it were real or is that stuff all out of Jack's imagination?

That was a shocker for me too....even as they went up to the crack house I expected them to find him w/ the Dr. So cool......he and the Dr. must have been close back in the day!

I think that the conversations between the doctor and Jack had to be some type of conflict that Jack has. I'm guessing he probably feels guilty about all the stuff he keeps from her and the things that the doctor said were things that he wants to do but stops himself because of what may happen if he told Syd the truth. Like the doctor saying that the truth is fair, that's probably what Jack feels. I don't know, just a thought.

Hmmm...it seems that Jack is really torn about whether to tell his secrets to Sydney and he is reasoning it out in his hallucinations...and that at the end he decides to spill...I would love to review all the conversations he had with the "doctor" with the knowledge that it was all going on in his head...fascinating!

So I guess the "nurse" that took his coat was actually that other junkie?

Rinda said:
So I guess the "nurse" that took his coat was actually that other junkie?
[post="1328140"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I didn't even think about that! That's hilarious in a really sad way.

I was totally blown away by the revelation that Liddell was a hallucination. I was so shocked! They did a great job keeping that a secret. Of course, it makes sense now because there's no way that Jack would ever be that open with someone now. It gives us great insight into his mind because we can see that he really misses having a confidant (like he had in Laura) and that he wants to be open and honest with Syd but feels that he can't be. It was a great twist. As someone who started watching Alias only recently, I haven't really ever been surprised by anything that happened because I knew the spoilers. This was the first time that I was totally shocked by a twist. I loved the feeling.

You know I was actually wondering if the Good Doctor wasn't a figment of Jack's imagination. Because in reality I kept wondering how he would know all that stuff about Jack's secrets. I kept thinking, even if he trusted him, what does the secrets he's keeping have to do with his illness? Nothing, really. I mean, it is one thing to say, "Tell your daughter you are on borrowed time," but another thing entirely to try and have a serious conversation with Jack Bristow about clearing his conscious with the people he loves. The only thing I could come up with is that in some way the Doc wasn't real. I mean, I wasn't sure really how it was all going to come together, but things seriously did not add up. :confused:

I thought the doctor was evil. I had no idea that Jack had imagined all of that.

It was a great play by the writers. And a big shock as well.

kum-daddy said:
Was anyone else actually surprised by Dr. Lidell being a hallucination of Jack's mind? I was in shock, when Syd and Vaugn walked in and it cut to Jack injecting himself. Wow, this show has powerful stuff. I was actually shaking. This show has the power to shock and amaze me. I love it.  ^_^
[post="1327606"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

totally!! (y) and it was all the better because after verdanthearts column last week I read all the responses and had convinced myself that he might be bad - since everyone was questioning it - so to have it turn around that it was all a hallunication was just a superb twist!!!! (y) (y) totally amazing!!!! (y)

jems said:
totally!!  (y)  and it was all the better because after verdanthearts column last week I read all the responses and had convinced myself that he might be bad - since everyone was questioning it - so to have it turn around that it was all a hallunication was just a superb twist!!!!  (y)  (y)  totally amazing!!!!  (y)
[post="1329227"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah, I know ... ;)

we were all over the Dr. ... saying he was bad, working with Elena ... and all that ... and to turn out that he was only in Jack's head ... well, didn't see that coming :jawdrop:

Was anyone else actually surprised by Dr. Lidell being a hallucination of Jack's mind?

if you listen to what jack says he mentions his wife irena by the name she had before she went back to russia and left him... so you know that he isn't in the present at the time he talks to dr. lidell

Back