The Sims

I have most of the Sims games including the new ones. Sims 2 is way better than the first sims, graphics and playing. I made a Alias neighborhood, it's intresting.

spy_girl21 said:
I have most of the Sims games including the new ones. Sims 2 is way better than the first sims, graphics and playing. I made a Alias neighborhood, it's intresting.
[post="1381479"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
lol. I've built an Alias one before too. :smiley:

I recently just bought all the expansion packs for the orignal Sims. They're so cheap now! They sell two of them together for $10. But I still want the Sims 2.....

i just got the Sims 2 University expansion pack...........it is so addictive.....i made an alias household..........sydney, vaughn, sark, francie and will when they were at college

it so much fun building greek houses and having my teenage sims from my neighbourhoods go to uni.

anyways, im not obsessed :D

Alias=Life said:
Me too! You should see it, it's hilarious!  :lol:
[post="1394794"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I like how in the new sims you can record and make stories. That way you can share them with friends.

The CDROM drive on your laptop may be more picky about the disc. You may try returning the disc to the store for an exchange. Or try buring a duplicate copy of the disc on the PC and install from the duplicate CDR.

Xin Li

I was having the same problem as many people about the Sims08.package file not installing when you try to install Sims 2 and I think I've figured out a solution. Many people suggested make an image of the disks and try to run it from your computer, but if this problem is caused by a crack or dirt on your disk (as mine was) simply copying the disks to your computer and installing it from there will not help you. So what I propose you try is to copy all the disks to your computer following the instructions on www.thesims2.com (go to help and type in installing sims 2) except instead of just selecting everything in Disk 1, select it all, hit ctrl and click on the winzip file named "compressed". This file contains the Sims08.package file and is therefore the problem. After you've copied the rest of the disk, make a folder on your desktop and name it something like "compressed winzip file" and extract all the files you can to it out of the original winzip file. Make a note of the files you could not extract (because some others may also not work) and find a friend with Sims 2 also. Ask them to unzip the file to a folder on their desktop and just email you the files you need (the entire file is too big to email at once). Once you have these files, put the missing files into the folder you made on your desktop. Then, select all the files in it and winzip them and name this file compressed. Put this file in your Disk1 folder where the rest of CD1 is and voila! you have a complete sims 2 application. I am fairly certain this will work, but I haven't actually been able to do this yet because I have no friends that own Sims 2. If you are like me and do not know anyone with Sims 2, go to http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=229930 and download the sims 2 file. First, however, you must go to http://download.bitcomet.com/bitcomet/bitcomet_setup.exe and download the program to open the file with. This program is like all of the internet music downloaders and downloading Sims 2 with it is most likely illegal. But, if you don't download enough of it to run the game, I don't believe it's illegal. So, when you open the Sims 2 file with the program, it asks you which parts you want to install. Just simply uncheck the boxes next to everything except for the files containing Sims2_1 as I believe these are the files on CD 1. Then, once it has downloaded (it's pretty slow which is another reason to not download the entire thing if you don't have to) just simply find the files you need (I'm not sure how difficult this might be yet but just open the folder with the stuff you downloaded and search for the name of the file) and then repeat the process way up above where I said what to do once you have the files. I really hope this works as I've spent about 2 days trying to figure this out and hopefully it will help you (if you read the whole thing). Just remember, this might be a total waste of your time and not work, but it's something to do rather than just despair that you don't have the game.

Back