The Sims

the_alliance, that is great that you are almost done with your career track! I can make it about half way up the career ladder, but the one thing I have trouble with is keeping friends. How do you have time to throw parties and invite your friends over when you've got to sleep and work, etc.? How do keep the required number of friends to be promoted? And any other good tips for moving up?

I don't have any expansions yet, but I really want to get some. What does everyone recommend? And how do the expansions work? Does it basically add like another neighborhood to what you already have?

I'm so addicted to the Sims, I love it. And Roller Coaster Tycoon (excpet for when they blow up!) I so hope my mom buys me Sims Deluxe for Christmas!

abercrombieprep said:
I'm so addicted to the Sims, I love it. And Roller Coaster Tycoon (excpet for when they blow up!) I so hope my mom buys me Sims Deluxe for Christmas!
Roller Coaster Tycoon fun when people drown lol! clown went into the little water!

Codename said:
abercrombieprep said:
Roller Coaster Tycoon fun when people drown lol! clown went into the little water!
HEY! I love that! It's really fun, but then you get a bad rating if you drown your guests. :lol: You can make the duckies quack. :cool:

I just learned that you can download extra things for the Sims. I didn't know about that... but apparently they have a site dedicated to it. Yay!

abercrombieprep said:
I just learned that you can download extra things for the Sims. I didn't know about that... but apparently they have a site dedicated to it. Yay!
There are actually a lot of sites to download things at!! it is very fun to look through but i haven't played the sims since last summer so i haven't been to any of them lately

Have any of you played Tropico? I only have a demo, but it's so cool, you get this island to rule over. You have to make sure people have jobs and food so they will vote for you in the next election. I want the real thing!

I guess its a good thing that christmas is in 2 days! ~ isn't there like an alcoholic beverage called tropico?? but anyways i have heard of it but never played it ~ it kind of sounds similar to the game SimIsle

Tonight I was playing The Sims, and some guests came over. Two of them wondered into one of the bathrooms (which happened to be fairly small) and they couldn't get back out (even though the door was open, don't know how they managed that!). And since they were visitors to my house, I couldn't make them move allowing them to get out. Well, one of them finally starved to death, which gave the other room to get out. So then I got the bright idea to experiment with different ways to kill your Sims. So I created four people, and built two buildings and a pool. One Sim sat in a house with nothing but a stereo (so I could listen to my MP3's while I performed my experiment) and starved to death. One Sim swam in a pool until she fell asleep and drowned. (BTW, did you know that if you swim enough at one time you can earn a Body point? I didn't until tonight.) And then I had the other two Sims in the second house, which was packed with all kinds of furniture, and they caught the place on fire. After the bed, pool table, couches and various other things caught on fire it was like a huge bonfire. I know, I know, very sick and twisted....but it was fun. :sly: And now I know, so I won't ever have to do it again.

g_woman711 said:
Tonight I was playing The Sims, and some guests came over. Two of them wondered into one of the bathrooms (which happened to be fairly small) and they couldn't get back out (even though the door was open, don't know how they managed that!). And since they were visitors to my house, I couldn't make them move allowing them to get out. Well, one of them finally starved to death, which gave the other room to get out. So then I got the bright idea to experiment with different ways to kill your Sims. So I created four people, and built two buildings and a pool. One Sim sat in a house with nothing but a stereo (so I could listen to my MP3's while I performed my experiment) and starved to death. One Sim swam in a pool until she fell asleep and drowned. (BTW, did you know that if you swim enough at one time you can earn a Body point? I didn't until tonight.) And then I had the other two Sims in the second house, which was packed with all kinds of furniture, and they caught the place on fire. After the bed, pool table, couches and various other things caught on fire it was like a huge bonfire. I know, I know, very sick and twisted....but it was fun. :sly: And now I know, so I won't ever have to do it again.
It sounds like me but I am not evil.. :D

OMG, i'm scared of u ppl. :thinking:

what is the highest amount of family friends you had at any point?
what is the highest amount of money you had? (w/out ::rosebud:: )

Does anyone have the link for Sims Online? And do you have to buy and install the game in order to play online? Or are they two seperate things?

the_alliance said:
OMG, i'm scared of u ppl. :thinking:

what is the highest amount of family friends you had at any point?
what is the highest amount of money you had? (w/out ::rosebud:: )
:P Dont worry we really arent scaey!

AliasALIAS said:
Does anyone have the link for Sims Online? And do you have to buy and install the game in order to play online? Or are they two seperate things?
i think you have to buy another software. Sims Online is kinda like another expansion pack.

Back