the sisterhood of the travelling pants

I've read the first one but I skipped a lot of parts cuz I only liked the character (forgot her name ^_^) that went to soccer camp! The rest of the characters were sorta boring so I just read the ones I liked! hehe I have the second book right now from the library and I'm going to read it after I'm done with Ethan Frome!

here's a summary from amazon.com:

They were just a soft, ordinary pair of thrift-shop jeans until the four girls took turns trying them on--four girls, that is, who are close friends, about to be parted for the summer, with very different sizes and builds, not to mention backgrounds and personalities. Yet the pants settle on each girl's hips perfectly, making her look sexy and long-legged and feel confident as a teenager can feel. "These are magical Pants!" they realize, and so they make a pact to share them equally, to mail them back and forth over the summer from wherever they are. Beautiful, distant Lena is going to Greece to be with her grandparents; strong, athletic Bridget is off to soccer camp in Baja, California; hot-tempered Carmen plans to have her divorced father all to herself in South Carolina; and Tibby the rebel will be left at home to slave for minimum wage at Wallman's.
Over the summer the Pants come to represent the support of the sisterhood, but they also lead each girl into bruising and ultimately healing confrontations with love and courage, dying and forgiveness. Lena finds her identity in Greece and the courage not to reject love; Bridget gets in over her head with an older camp coach; Carmen finds her father ensconced with a new fiancée and family; and Tibby unwillingly takes on a filmmaking apprentice who is dying of leukemia. Each girl's story is distinct and engrossing, told in a brightly contemporary style. Like the Pants, the reader bounces back and forth among the four unfolding adventures, and the melange is spiced with letters and witty quotes. Ann Brashares has here created four captivating characters and seamlessly interwoven their stories for a young adult novel that is fresh and absorbing.

The soccer camp one was bridget obviously! She sounds like me....except I do not play soccer at all!!

The books did seem strange the first time I saw them, but my friend gave it to me and I loved them! I liked Lena the best.

yea Bee is awesome!! i only liked her cuz she was really out going and cool and that hot counselor at her camp!!! lol and which one was Lena?

Yeah... it's very good but i didn't like all the characters! I'm reading the second one now... i hope Bee gets a boyfriend!! i luv bee!!

i liked tibby, i mean her experiences seemed more real and difficult than the others. she was brave and i admire her for that, that's why she's my favorite...

my friend just got and read the second! except she's the only one i know who has the second and like all her friends are already waiting to borrow the book and i'm going to be added to that long list! she said it was SOOOOOO good though! i loved the first one!

nance said:
I've read the first one but I skipped a lot of parts cuz I only liked the character (forgot her name ^_^) that went to soccer camp! The rest of the characters were sorta boring so I just read the ones I liked! hehe I have the second book right now from the library and I'm going to read it after I'm done with Ethan Frome!
that's bridget by the way. :smiley:

i liked tibby and bailey... they were fun. carmen was a little on the weird side... bridget was a little weird... lena was cool but odd.

hhahaha!! yea Bee is a little weird but aren't we all?! hehe i'm in the middle of the second one now... it's SO good! i mean these books are so fun and all of the characters are so different it's great to analyze them but my fave is Bee! :P

Back