The songs, hyms, rhyms and poems you used to have!

m<o>j

Cadet
Can you remeber the songs, hyms, rhymes and poems you used to sing and say at primary/grade school?

Things like in assembellies and in the playground?

Jai :rain:

School was mainly church hyms (cant think of names though), and of course the abc :lol:

Although out of school I used to LOVE Madonna so much :blush: , same goes for the Spice Girls.....I remember knowing every bit of their songs :blush:

OMG in elemary school we use to have to sing "you are wings beneath my wings" for the seinor class every year! I now i'm a senior and they are going to sing that to us in a couple of months!
SYD

When I was a kid and we used to play jump rope we would say:

Not last night but the night before 24 robbers came knocking at my door as I ran out they ran in in in (new jumper comes in) in in knocked me on the head with a bottle of gin. Asked them what they wanted and this is what they said "Spanish dancer do the splits, Spanish dancer spin around, Spanish dancer touch the ground, Spanish dancer get out of town. (The time for the next jumper)

I never really thought of the words before, but they are rather bizarre.

my primary school was run by nuns so i had to sing hymns...
i still remember that damn "hes got the whole world in his hands" song!
i swear its permanently imbedded in my mind!

autumn days when the...... ans the taste of apple pie... no wemusnt forget, no we musnt forget, to, say a great big thankyou no we musnt forget.

:lol: Jess - i remember that... i haven't had to sing it since yr. 6 and now, in yr 11, its still embedded in my brain... i would write out the wholllle of it, but i just can't be bothered... ;)

Back