The Strongest Formation

Yes, I did it, lol! I really didn't think I was going to be able to enter my second entery for the Shorty Challange because of the freakish amount of homework I have had recently, but I did it :D! At least I had most of the concept already done (thank you history class :P ) My word was Dance (in case you can't figure it out), and the word count is 499 . Hope you enjoy, and if you can then leave a comment :smiley:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*​

The Strongest Formation

The music soared into the room gently, causing my heart to flutter with anticipation. I sat forward in my seat and watched as my baby danced onto the stage with a rather large and dimpled grin plastered across her face.

I traced the lines of her small, delicate frame with my eyes and sighed, wondering how I could ever possibly create something so flawlessly perfect. Isabelle turned in a small circle that I had seen her rehearse constantly at home, and then kick her leg into the air higher then most of the other girls, which caused me to smile broadly. I looked towards Vaughn who had an identical smirk on his face. We locked eyes for a moment, a silent message passing between us. Our eyes taking place of our mouths, sharing with eachother the most precious thing in our lives. Isabelle was the soul person that was able to end the madness and give me the white picket fence life that had always been simply an illusion, but was now the perfect reality I dreamed of.

Isabelle’s little feet trailed along the floor gracefully, soft wisps of brown hair fell from her French braid, and childlike innocence radiated off her as she giggled. I closed my eyes, trying to hold onto each and every memory that I could before they had the chance to slip through my fingers, like everything else good in my life. Despite being blissfully happy, I knew that eventually time would catch up with me and my past would resurface and haunt me in some way, shape or form.

Isabelle continued to dance and I felt Vaughn’s warm hand embrace mine, but despite his loving touch, I trained my eyes on the angel before me, not able to tear myself away from something so seemingly magnificent; something I loved more than life itself; something I would give my own life for in a heartbeat. Isabelle was my world, plain and simple. The power of affection I felt towards this beautiful girl was so immense that it could never compare to any type of physical power I may have possessed during my time as an agent. She was the fuel of my heart. She gave me life and brightened my world to the point of utter blindness. Her love was so strong that when I looked down the road to my future ahead she successfully blinded me of all anguish that would inevitably write itself into my fairytale, allowing me only to see a simple view of our three person family lingering at the end. Vaughn and I were holding our gorgeous baby girl between us, forming our triangle of care and warmth; creating an unbreakable bond that I prayed would be forever infused with the toughest of all emotions: love. We were a triangle, but I knew our soon to be fourth vertex would only further reinforce my family’s unbreakable connection, allowing me to continue floating upwards where I forever wished to be.

So i guess that they finally got their perfect, picet fence, 2,5 children life.
It really suits them. Good job :D

Back