The Summer to Remember

A/N: Since I'm almost finished with two stories, I've decided to add one for the summer. :smiley: If you guys like it, I will update as soon as I've update three other fics. Enjoy! :D

-Erin :smiley:

‘The Summer to Remember’
xMountineer02300844x

Rating: PG13 for language
Ship: S/V
Genre: Romance, AU
Disclaimer: I own nothing, although I wish I did, except for the things that I have made up.
Summary: Jack and Irina Bristow have just bought a house on White Lake. Their daughter Sydney is excited about helping make the house look up to date and designing some of the rooms. Upon arrival, she meets her new neighbors, which will change her summer plans for good. This summer is the one to remember.

Chapter One
In late April, Jack and Irina Bristow just finished signing the papers to the house. By early May they got to move things into the house. This house was just one of their five. It wasn’t just any old house. It was to be their perfect summer home. It was lakefront property.

Jack and Irina were already up at the house and Sydney was driving up today to help paint and move things around. She pulled off the interstate and on to the road that led to White Lake. It was a fifteen minute drive from the interstate to the house according to her parents. Sydney rolled down the window and let her shiny brown hair fly around in the wind. She was a sixteen year old with an outgoing personality, but was kind, friendly, and nice. Above all, she was excited to live her June, July, and August months of the year up at the lake, avoiding the city.

She finally arrived in front of the house. There was an orchard on the opposite side of the road and the house was on the other. The house was white and had green shutters. In the back was a screened in porch with a garden and a pond. It was all very picturesque to her.

Sydney opened the door and stepped into the mud room/kitchen. “Hello?” Sydney called out.

Irina heard her daughter calling out hello and excused herself from the conversation between their neighbors. She went inside and got Sydney who was now inspecting the library.

“Sydney, come on out on the deck, there’s some people I would like you to meet.”

“Okay mom.” Sydney replied following her mom out onto the deck.

“Sydney, this is Mrs. Vaughn, this is Mr. Vaughn, and their son Michael.” Irina said gesturing toward each one.

Sydney shook their hands, “How very nice to meet you, I am Sydney.” She added a quick smile.

“Sydney, did you know that you and Michael are the same age?” Irina said.

“Um no mom.”

“Well, Michael why don’t you and Sydney go talk.” Mrs. Vaughn suggested.

“Alright,” Michael replied.

Sydney followed Michael down the deck and on to the terrace next door where they sat in the swing.

Michael started out, “My mother insists on calling me Michael. So please, just call me Vaughn. Everyone does.”

“Okay Vaughn. Just call me Syd or Sydney, which ever you prefer.”

“Alright Syd…so where are you from?”

“I’m from the Chicago area.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, the city’s a pain, but I’m hoping I’ll like it up here. How about you?”

“Same, except I’ve been coming her all my life and I absolutely love it up here. I know where all the local hotspots and hangouts are too.”

“Really? So would you take me to some of these places?” Sydney asked kind of flirting.

“I’d be my honor.”

“Thank you. Well, I guess I should be getting my things out of my car and put them in my room.”

“Do you need any help?”

“Yeah…that would be great. Just let me find out which room is mine.”

“Okay.”

Sydney and Vaughn walked back over to the Bristow’s yard and up to the deck to ask where Syd’s room was.

“Excuse me, but where is my room mom?”

“Pick a room Syd, it doesn’t matter to your father or I.”

“Okay thanks mom, thanks dad.”

They then walked out to her car and got her two suitcases. Michael was a gentleman and carried the two suitcases up the staircase.

“Vaughn, which room should I pick?” Sydney asked pointing to three different rooms. The fourth room was occupied by her parents and was obviously a lake view room.

“What ever room you like I guess.” Vaughn said shrugging his shoulders.

“Well…where’s your room?”

“Mine is the one on this side of house with a window across from this window,” he said pointing to the window in one of the rooms.

“I see. Well, this is the biggest room of the three, plus we could always talk through the window if I ever get grounded…so this will be my new room!” Sydney proclaimed.

“Awesome. But, there’s a problem. There’s no furniture.”

“I know, that’s because we’re painting it tomorrow and besides my furniture hasn’t arrived yet from the company I ordered it from.”

“Wait, hold on, you mean you get ALL NEW furniture?”

“Yup.”

“Geeesh you’re lucky.”

“Not really, but okay. Would you like to come help paint tomorrow?” Sydney replied with a smile.

“Sure, just so you can have a room.”

“You know, you’re the best person I’ve ever met.”

“Thanks Syd, but you are. Well, I better go see what’s for dinner.”

“Okay, I’m right behind you.”

The two laughed and ran down the stairs and through the living room to get to the deck.

“Mom, what’s for dinner?” Sydney asked her mother.

“Well, Mrs. Vaughn has kindly asked us to dinner at their house.”

“Wow, thank you Mrs. Vaughn.” Sydney said not wasting a second.

“Hey mom, I’m going to show Sydney around the lake on the jet ski, that’s okay isn’t it?”

“Yes, as long as it’s fine with Mr. and Mrs. Bristow and Sydney.”

“Go Sydney, enjoy yourself,” her father encouraged.

“Okay, just let me go get my suit on.” Sydney said.

“No problem, I have to go get mine on and get the keys. Meet me in ten?”

“Sure thing.”

>>>Chapter Two<<<

cute story
please pm me when u update
n update soon

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:
Thank you. Added to the PM list. Update is looking at Friday right now. :smiley:

awww, cuteness. PM me please!!
Thanks. Sure ;)

Great Begining.
Thanks for the pm.
keep me on the list please.
Thank you! Will do. :smiley:

:welcome: Chicketepee, derevkointraining, and sydneymicheal!
PM LIST
chicketepee
derevkointraining
sydneymicheal

Back